English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 08 January 2020, 23:14   #1
DamienD
Banned

Bogus Title / Screenshots...

Heya guys,

I know that I had this discussion a year or so ago in some thread (which I can't find now); and Dr. Bong assured me that all screenshots in HOL are legit.

I think at the time I mentioned that I'd never seen the old title screenshot for Timekeepers Expansion Disk and Utopia: The Creation Of A Nation / The New Worlds anywhere... they were then subsequently changed

Anyway, moving on; same thing applies.

Can I ask where these title screenshots came from? I've never seen them in .ADFs, .IPFs, or WHDLoad slaves etc:
Old 09 January 2020, 00:35   #2
DamienD
Banned

Ok, with The Quest Of Agravain I see the title screenshot in the WHDLoad version...

For some reason via WinUAE, using the .IPF or any .ADFs, this gets skipped no matter what configuration I use.

Can anyone shed some light as to why? Does the same thing occur on a "real" Amiga?
Old 09 January 2020, 04:13   #3
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ok, with The Quest Of Agravain I see the title screenshot in the WHDLoad version...

For some reason via WinUAE, using the .IPF or any .ADFs, this gets skipped no matter what configuration I use.

Can anyone shed some light as to why? Does the same thing occur on a "real" Amiga?
Agravain picture is legit. Run out all your lives on the first level. Don't touch anything to interrupt when screens start to change. Highs, Scroll, Credits, HOL Pic.
Old 09 January 2020, 09:20   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
Agravain picture is legit. Run out all your lives on the first level. Don't touch anything to interrupt when screens start to change. Highs, Scroll, Credits, HOL Pic.
With the WHDLoad version you see the title screen when normal booting / loading:

With the .IPF and .ADFs it skips past this after this screen:

Old 09 January 2020, 12:25   #5
DamienD
Banned

There's also the title screen used for Syndicate: American Revolt Mission Disk which is only on the coverdisk demo version.

Quite like it though, wish they used this after installing the official add-on