English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 03 January 2020, 15:59   #1
Nightshft

ClassicWB Startup-Sequences

So from what I've found out (I use Classic WB Lite)
startup-sequence checks the mouse buttons and:

- left mouse button (while booting) leads directly to maxmem-sequence
- right mouse button leads to bootmenu-sequence

Bootmenu sequence offers 7 options:
- cli promt
- run list
- minimum startup
- safe startup
- virus scan
- startup files
- reboot

I've used classicWB now for a while and like it, but a couple of questions arise (at least for me):

Does anybody have more detailled information about all these startup modes and when to use them?

For your own changes in the startup I guess you are supposed to edit only user-startup?

What about tools like acatune which you must execute at the very beginning?

When does s:startup-sequence get overwritten from a fresh copy? (I think that happened to me. I had added a line and somewhen the edit was gone).

Maybe we can shed light on this subject as it helps to understand the system. Any help/infos are very much appreciated, thx.
Old 03 January 2020, 21:29   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
Does anyone have more detailed information about all these boot modes and when to use them?
- cli promt = Opens a Shell for example to start applications or games that require more memory

- run list = Menu to start games programs etc.. without preloading the workbench

- minimum startup= Minimal workbench with few colors so you have more memory available

- safe startup= backup startup-sequence, to boot the system when the original startup-original has problems

- Virus scan = Scans your system with VirusZ III

- startup files = Menu to start applications directly without preloading the workbench

- reboot = Hot restart of the system

Quote:
For your own changes in the startup I guess you are supposed to edit only user-startup?
The startup-sequence is not replaced otherwise there would be no "safe startup", most likely when you made the change or did not save or did not wait for the time to save the file.
Old 04 January 2020, 03:40   #3
Nightshft

Thanks AmigaSystem I will look into this!