English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 September 2020, 13:45   #1
DROWSYNET

How to Transfer Files to WinUAE Drive from Windows?

I'm running winUAE on an SD card that is formatted for Amiga and cannot be opened by Windows. The drive works perfectly inside of WinUAE, but I do not know how to transfer files between Windows and the drive in cases where:

-non-floppy based Amiga files are free for download online

-I create audio files using Sox/AmigaPal ready for transfer to an Amiga

-I'd like to get files off of the Amiga and into Windows

With a real Amiga there are ways to do this using the serial port, but how is it done with winUAE? Is there a program that emulates a serial port file transfer? Is there a way to compress files into ADF?

What I would really like is either for winUAE to be able to access a folder in Windows I can drag files into, or to know how to format an SDHC properly so that it can be read by both OS. Thanks!
Old 12 September 2020, 13:53   #2
thomas

Use the "add directory" button to add a Windows directory as another harddrive. Then you can copy from here to there and vice versa inside WinUAE.