English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 March 2020, 00:21   #401
Westonboy88

I've looked at ALG ROMs on the dragons lair project website im looking at space pirates 1.04 it has 2 roms how do I combined them?
Old 25 March 2020, 00:27   #402
Westonboy88

ive tried to set up my laptop mouse pad and my controller but I when I press the trigger button nothing happens can some one help Please?
Old 31 March 2020, 01:11   #403
StefaanC

These are illegal steps tho.
Old 04 April 2020, 06:34   #404
earok

I was thinking about looking at doing an update to the pack with Damien's latest control configs, NVRAM files etc, and uploading the videos separately to the pack so that they don't need to be redownloaded for updates etc. Not sure if there's any need to though? Should I go ahead with that?

Does the latest WinUAE work with all of the games, or should the new pack stick to the old beta?
Old 04 April 2020, 10:13   #405
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
I was thinking about looking at doing an update to the pack with Damien's latest control configs, NVRAM files etc, and uploading the videos separately to the pack so that they don't need to be redownloaded for updates etc. Not sure if there's any need to though? Should I go ahead with that?
I would say you don't need to bother, everything you need is available / detailed in this post: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=2953

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Does the latest WinUAE work with all of the games, or should the new pack stick to the old beta?
Yup, all games work perfectly in "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.03.07).zip"
Old 05 April 2020, 04:01   #406
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I would say you don't need to bother, everything you need is available / detailed in this post: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=2953

Yup, all games work perfectly in "WinUAE 4.3.1 (Public Beta 0, 2020.03.07).zip"
Great I'll check it out
Old 17 May 2020, 13:07   #407
Amigajay

Just giving this a go, not luck starting anything yet, you say add GG rom which is 256k, the ones i have are 128k each x2, i can only add one extended rom?
Old 17 May 2020, 13:22   #408
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You must run ROM scanner (Paths panel, make sure ROM path is correct) and then select matching ROM name from ROM drop down list. Do not select any physical files.
Old 17 May 2020, 13:29   #409
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
You must run ROM scanner (Paths panel, make sure ROM path is correct) and then select matching ROM name from ROM drop down list. Do not select any physical files.
Excellent, that worked, thanks very much!
Old 16 October 2020, 13:55   #410
Fiery Phoenix

I am also having probs with 3 x American Laser Disk games

Gallagher's Gallery stays on the title screen - just flashes when F2 pressed

Mad Dog plays a mili-second of the intro music and just constantly flashes to the produce / director names

Mad Dog 2 just stays on the screen of a piece of wood with the high score displayed

All work with mouse moves, can press F3 to insert coins, F2 start / F1 service menu, etc

Un-ticked More Compatible settings (mentioned earlier in this thread) but no change

AVI's work fine when played individually in a media player

Strange thing is, when I exit WinUAE emulation I can hear the intro start to play normally and speech - like the game has suddenly started to work / play ok???

So for example:

Mad Dog.avi (343mb)

Chipset / Genlock ticked / ALG player selected and .avi selected

ROM v1.3 / Extended ROM selected v2.03 (256k) ***not added 2nd ROM under advanced ROM settings*** Noted showing as.BIN files???

Flash RAM selected for Mad Dog.nvr file

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, always loved Mad Dog, but the Sega CD version does not look great. Got it working using 3DO emulation but had controller issues. This one looks the best when I watch the .avi file.

As an aside - if still needed - I have a pretty full set of of the games that the Daphne emulator uses with video / sound files. They are:

Astron Belt
Badlands
Bega's Battle
Cliff Hanger
Cobra Command
Dragon's Lair
Dragons Lair 2
Esh's Aurunmila
Galaxy Ranger
GP World (can't get sound to work here)
Interstella
MACH 3
Road Blaster (know that has been converted already)
Space Ace
Star Blazer
Super Don Quix-ote
Thayer's Quest
Us vs Them

Last edited by Fiery Phoenix; 16 October 2020 at 13:57. Reason: Spelling
Old 16 October 2020, 14:49   #411
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
I am also having probs with 3 x American Laser Disk games

Gallagher's Gallery stays on the title screen - just flashes when F2 pressed

Mad Dog plays a mili-second of the intro music and just constantly flashes to the produce / director names

Mad Dog 2 just stays on the screen of a piece of wood with the high score displayed

All work with mouse moves, can press F3 to insert coins, F2 start / F1 service menu, etc

Un-ticked More Compatible settings (mentioned earlier in this thread) but no change

AVI's work fine when played individually in a media player

Strange thing is, when I exit WinUAE emulation I can hear the intro start to play normally and speech - like the game has suddenly started to work / play ok???

[I]<snip>[I]
You have my collection Fiery Phoenix.

All 3 x available games are set up / working perfectly there.
Old 16 October 2020, 20:56   #412
Fiery Phoenix

That's where I was having problems pal. Only ones I have tried that I have had problems with so far. Road Avenger and Time Gal run fine, it's just these ALG ones.

Obviously my setup has fooked up somewhere. I have been trying to tidy up all my stuff on my PC so may have messed something up. Can always try a re-installation.

I actually tried downloading a new WinUAE 64 bit install before I did that but same trouble. Was thinking was it a codecs problem, but guessing the avi. wouldn't have played when I tested it in a media player.
Old 16 October 2020, 22:56   #413
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
That's where I was having problems pal. Only ones I have tried that I have had problems with so far. Road Avenger and Time Gal run fine, it's just these ALG ones.
Over 1000 people have my collection... you're the first to report issues with any of the ALG games (Gallagher's Gallery, Mad Dog McCree and Mad Dog II - The Lost Gold).

...and there's no way I'd release it into my collection in a broken state. I've worked too long on my project to get sloppy.

After your report though; just for sanity, I retested all ALG games in my collection and all are working perfectly

They are also setup exactly as detailed in earok's procedure on the first page of this thread.

Last edited by DamienD; 17 October 2020 at 13:35. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
Old 17 October 2020, 16:15   #414
Fiery Phoenix

Yeah obviously and clearly my error, I have messed up somewhere, been faffing around with my whole PC and emulations, clearing stuff up, etc.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Need to remember that.
Old 17 October 2020, 16:58   #415
DamienD
disengaged

I'm intrigued as to how you broken them.

Do you play around with my configs or something?
Old 17 October 2020, 17:23   #416
Fiery Phoenix

Not messed around with anything WinUAE related or configs, paths all showing right places (to my knowledge) but been moving files around / general tidying up / housekeeping. So I'm sure this is where the error may have happened

Obvs fooked up, distracted somewhere along the way (problem with working from home, work laptop next to PC unit!)

No hardship for me to go back and do again to be fair. Opportunity to clear the junk out of my PC
Old 20 October 2020, 18:57   #417
Fiery Phoenix

Apologies for long message but just to be clear that I have exhausted all means known to me.

Presently working away from home, so took an old PC with me loaded with games and downloaded some stuff too beforehand too

Downloaded Damien D's pack (which I love - need to send you some beer tokens soon via PayPal - not a bribe) but had same problem on home PC as I am having here - just using basic WinUAE now, not using the download pack

Help is needed on ALL ALG games, Mad Dog, Mad Dog 2, GG. I have read all 21 pages on this thread btw to see if I can sort this problem out.

Got the ALG roms from The Zone 2016 (also held over at the Dragon's Lair project) and downloaded earok's ALG pack from 26/2/20

Config:

WinUAE 4.4.0

Quickstart A500, 1.3 ROM, OCS, 512kb Chip + 512kb Slow RAM - NTSC ticked

24 bit addresses ticked

ECS Angus

NTSC ticked

Cycle exact ticked

Genlock ticked

American Laser Games LaserDisc player ticked

video file loaded

Compatible settings ticked

ROM - KS ROM v1.3 (A500, A1000, A2000) rev34.5 (256k)

Extended ROM alg_gg_21_rom1.bin (tried gg_21_rom2 and gg_20_rom 1 & 2) both 128kb

Misc - nothing entered

Board type - Original UAE (FS + F0 ROM)

RAM 512k Chip and 512k Slow

On Gallagher's Gallery, it boots up fine, but stays on a black screen with Workbench logo in background. I can move pointer around - nothing happens when I press left or right mouse of F1, F2, F3 keyed

If I press F12 and go into Chipset and change from ALG player to Pioneer or Sony player - the video then starts and plays fine, but unable to start the game.

Tried old versions of WinUAE - same problem

Mad Dog won't start, but can press F3 and hear the coin and press F1 for configuration screen

Mad Dog 2 hangs on main screen

Retrofan posted a config on the 26/11/16 - still available to download and viewed. He had renamed a .bin file as .rom.bin. Tried that and would not work

AnnaWu also posted a config on the 5/12/16 - viewed this and the Extended ROM here is in zip form - tried zipping mine - no joy

Downloaded Damien D's config from The Zone (20/3/20) - tried this, no joy either

emufan replied stating could be a codecs issues and I can see suggestions to download the K-Lite codes pack. However my system advised I currently have 11.9.0 and I didn't want to mess around if it caused any problems on other games / systems - but does this look like the likely problem to those in the know?

Amigajay on the 27/11/16 noted aboutRom size as mine are 2 x 128kb) and I can see Toni replied later saying they need to be ROM scanned. When I do this, should the WinUAE message show the ALG ROMS found - mine doesn't, just states the normal A500 Boot ROMs, CD32, etc

My gut feeling is the problem is with the extended ROM?? Not 100% sure. Only as emufan stated on the 5/12/16 that the Kickstart logo will show if the wrong extended ROM is selected and that is what is happening here (on Gallagher's Gallery at least)

Just cannot see how I have gone wrong - downloaded them from The Zone, placed in the ROMS folder in WinUAE, ran ROM checker - not manually attached them in WinUAE. Video file plays ok, only when Pioneer or Sony laser player selected

Help would be much appreciated - just hope you can see not gone for the easy option of messaging here, literally gone through every page on this thread from 2016 and tried my hardest (violins out)
Old 20 October 2020, 20:44   #418
DamienD
disengaged

I'm also really at a loss with how to help you here...

All 3 x ALG games work 100% in my collection. I know I'm repeating myself, but you're the only person out of 1000+ to report an issue. I also just followed earok's instructions in the first post to get everything working.

Have you tried using all "ALG" files from my collection in your standalone WinUAE? I'm talking ROMs / .NVR / video files.

Also set exactly the same configuration.
Old 21 October 2020, 01:44   #419
Fiery Phoenix

I am now thinking it may be a codecs issue - very very strange - defo my system related

All .avi's play fine individually (if I hear that I hate spinach line again from GG - Grrrr!)

Looked at settings from yourself and the other users posted and all seem to match

As a test - deleted ALL ROMs in my folder bar KS ROM v1.3 rev 34.5 and I copied alg_gg_21_rom1 and rom2 into this folder

Linked WinUAE configuration for the ROM path to this folder (WinUAE message states scan of ROM's finished - A500 Boot ROM 1.3 and Action Cartridge Super IV Professional) does not state the ALG ROM's found though? Take it not a problem?

Linked config path. the GG config. and then selected Load.

Extended ROM shows loaded the the rom1.bin and Flash RAM with .nvr file loaded. Chipset with .avi

NTSC ticked next to model and chipset

Select start and can see the green / yellow crosshair and can move it, but black screen with blue Workbench disk logo in the middle (F keys dont work) as mentioned above, change laserdisc player and video starts, but cannot play game

Tried on WinUAE 3.6.1 too

As an added note - WinUAE log stated:

ROM scan directory 'C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Roms\'
!: Name='C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Roms\alg_gg_21_rom1.bin':131072
CRC32=D0097014 SHA1=8E18E4E6D212B482B1EE93A3E10FA24881C10A6E
*: C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Roms\alg_gg_21_rom2.bin:131072 = American Laser Games Gallagher's Gallery v2.1 (256k)
CRC32=70F887E5 SHA1=CD6CEDC85BBE67674DFD140FED9018778F8CD8DB
*: C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Roms\KS ROM v1.3 (A500,A1000,A2000) rev 34.5 (256k).rom:262144 = KS ROM v1.3 (A500,A1000,A2000) rev 34.5 (256k) [315093-02]
CRC32=C4F0F55F SHA1=891E9A547772FE0C6C19B610BAF8BC4EA7FCB785
American Laser Games Gallagher's Gallery v2.1 'C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Roms\alg_gg_21_rom2.bin' removed from romlist
Scan of ROMs finished

Could that be the problem?? Removed from romlist?? However showing in my folder??

So strange that none work with similar problems - go for updated codec perhaps?

Some of my problems seem to be similar to the ones Valken had in Feb 2020 (page 147 of your collection thread) as I too can hear the Mad Dog audio after pressing F12. Copied below:

Quote:
I tried the laser games and

WinUAE 4.3.0

Gallagher's Gallery and the 2 Mad Dog games do not work

WinUAE 4.2.1

Gallagher's Gallery and the 2 Mad Dog games do not work

However, I noticed on my PC FFMpeg video and audio has been loaded and tries to play the video files for some reason... If I load, play, press F12, then load another game, I can hear the Mad Game audio playing:

Last edited by Fiery Phoenix; 21 October 2020 at 02:06.
Old 21 October 2020, 11:54   #420
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
I am now thinking it may be a codecs issue - very very strange - defo my system related
I doubt it... as far as I remember I don't have any codec installed on my computer / used in WinUAE.

Quote:
Linked WinUAE configuration for the ROM path to this folder (WinUAE message states scan of ROM's finished - A500 Boot ROM 1.3 and Action Cartridge Super IV Professional) does not state the ALG ROM's found though? Take it not a problem?
These ROMs and Arcadia ROMs never show from the "scan complete" window. It's not an issue.