English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 05 June 2018, 08:08   #1
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Games with easily reproducible bugs?

I need some community advice on this. I'd need Amiga games with easily (pretty much as soon as the game starts...) reproducible bugs for a museum display.

The idea is that the visitor can experience the bug him/herself without the actual playing taking too long. The bug can be anything from corrupted graphics to problems in loading saved games etc.

What games would you suggest?
Old 05 June 2018, 16:57   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Here is one for Body Blows Galactic AGA:
[ Show youtube player ]

Quote:
If you try to freeze an enemy using Warra's super power, while a projectile is flying, you have chances to guru (done with Winuae but I had encountered the bug on the A1200 I owned in the 90s).

Maybe you should specify if you have some specific bug effects in mind: crashing the computer as above, losing a life whereas you should not, being stuck etc...
Old 05 June 2018, 17:31   #3
Daedalus

The floppy version of Frontier has a few bugs, including the cargo hold space bug (missing the "Jettison" button by 1 space gives you the cargo space back but lets you also keep the cargo, resulting in an inflating ship...), the police bribe bug (keep on trying to bribe the police until your fine is huge, then claim it wasn't you and the fine will drop back to a really low value, ignoring all the recent bribery attempts), and the passenger cabin bug (fit a passenger cabin to your ship and take on a passenger, then try to sell the ship. You'll be told you can't sell it because there's a passenger, but the sale price will be added to your bank balance anyway).

Also quite entertaining is the utter incompetence of the police AI around space stations. Undock from an orbital station, move away and to the side of the entrance and commit a crime (e.g. shoot the station). In their eagerness to attack you, the hangar full of police ships will turn towards you and crash into the side of the entrance, or each other, over and over again.
Old 05 June 2018, 18:13   #4
matburton

From memory the bug that made me most sad during my childhood was in Cannon Fodder 2.

I think if you have an OCS amiga (I had a A500), with only 0.5MBs of fast RAM added, if you tried to format a disk to save your game it just crashes.

I never managed to save my game as a kid

(Might be a Kickstart 1.3 only bug, I have no idea what the cause was)
Old 05 June 2018, 20:27   #5
matburton

I just remembered another on in Beneath a Steel Sky, again I had an A500

Boot the game from floppy (I never had a HD, might have the same problem)

After the intro sequence right click the stairs, the guard will shoot and kill you

The death screen has two buttons, click the left 'Restart' button

Some loading occurs, the screen fades out and then back in to the same screen but now the buttons don't work at all.
The only thing you can do is reset the Amiga I think.
Old 05 June 2018, 20:43   #6
jotd
This cat is no more

Z-out 2 player mode doesn't work properly. I don't remember what the issue is, but crackers later fixed the bug.

In Magic Pockets, by jumping at some locations you are able to get stuck in a level without exits or monsters (the level after or before), in jungle level. Not trivial to achieve, though. Also possible from level 1.2 to get stuck in the stairs teleport section by jumping.
Old 06 June 2018, 06:32   #7
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Here is one for Body Blows Galactic AGA:
[ Show youtube player ]

Maybe you should specify if you have some specific bug effects in mind: crashing the computer as above, losing a life whereas you should not, being stuck etc...
The "requirements" for the bug are pretty flexible. Basically the most important thing is that the bug is easy to reproduce and getting to the point where the bug occurs does not take too long after starting the game. The display does not have any personnel to start/restart the fpga-based hw (which boots directly into a certain game). Of course it also would be nice if the game would be only on one floppy (but hat's not crucial).

Thank you for all the suggestions so far, I'll have to test them out If anyone has some more candidates, please report them here
Old 21 October 2018, 20:20   #8
Dan

I'v just discovered a bug in Popeye game from Bignonia.
As i found out that you can trap Brutus (c64 version), with the barrel while he is flying, so
i have tried this on the amiga version.
It works too, but when he would get free from the barel, the Game bugs out.
You can see it in the second part of this video (from 2:30):

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 October 2018, 17:06   #9
Hewitson

That game is suffering from some serious problems