English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 July 2023, 21:15   #21
Doomer

Ok checked Black Crypt form original ipf images, original installer and WHD. Original works normal, used all slots, overwrite many times etc.
Routine is: Create party -> Chose save slot(A-F) - create CHARACTERS(A-F) and OrigDungeon(A-F) - create TempDungeons -> load TempDungeons to memory -> start game.
Save: actual dungeon from memory to TempDungeons -> Chose save slot(A-F) - update CHARACTERS(A-F) and OrigDungeon(A-F).
Load: load CHARACTERS(A-F) and OrigDungeon(A-F) -> update TempDungeons -> loadd TempDungeons to memory.

Saving and saving, WHD stops updating OrigDungeon and TempDungeons on saving and loading, only CHARACTERS files is updated (checked file modification time) but not always. When you play one hour and save, sometimes only CHARACTERS is saved with party position, inventory etc but not dungeon. Load and have party when save but dungeon from hour ago, not only automap but with locked doors, items on floor, monsters etc. from hour ago. Normal HD install updates all files all time.

Years ago https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49878
Old 23 July 2023, 23:32   #22
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Thanks. I'll copy your description to the WHDLoad Mantis bug tracker if that's okay? Maybe it can finally be fixed.
Old 24 July 2023, 15:40   #23
Doomer

Ok.
Old 30 July 2023, 14:47   #24
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Thanks Doomer, I've added your excellent description to the Mantis Tracker, and I see the issue is now at Assigned status, so hopefully, it will be fixed. :-)
Old 18 August 2023, 22:42   #25
UrBi

Can someone thoroughly test the operation of the crack below, i.e. whether the map works properly with this crack on individual levels in the game,
and whether the puzzles in the game after passing the copy protection (entering a word from the instructions) are no longer solved as in the case of faulty crack by TRSI.
A special request to ANGUS as a fan of the game, as well as other EAB users who are fans of this game

I checked the SLAVE source code for Black Crypt and SLAVE this one uses (most likely) a TRSI crack.
So I think this is a solution to the problem why when playing from a disk with WHDLOAD there are such and not other problems with this game.

lord-urbi.cba.pl/pliki/bcdftcrk.zip

Regards,

UrBi

Last edited by UrBi; 18 August 2023 at 22:56.
Old 20 August 2023, 21:56   #26
Angus
Amiga Games Database

After I found the problem with the WHDLoad version, I switched to an old TRSI installation that I had archived. As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. The manual check worked and the maps are drawn in the proper way. I can zone it if you like?