English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 07 November 2013, 11:35   #1
bobpard

Howdoo from Leeds

Hi, been meaning to join up here for quite a while now, so on my day off i thought why not :-)

Been an amibay member for years, im on retrogamer, retrocollect, borders down, rllmuk etc (ie. quite a lot of retrogaming/computing forums).

The amiga was my 3rd computer growing up (after vic-20 and acorn electron), when i was 12 i sold my a500 and bought a 1200 with a hdd which i still own to this day :-) But recently sold off all of my original games and will look to install a cf hdd with the games on in the near future.

I have quite a big collection of retro gaming and modern gaming consoles and games (approx 2000 games, 80 machines) and im a forum moderator on retrocollect.com too :-)

looking forward to browsing and joining in and meeting up with some more people too as every couple of months i organise a retro drinks session in Leeds :-
Old 07 November 2013, 13:37   #2
Devlin
Bane of Magic

Ooh, you'll have to let me know when that is! I'm not far off(I'm in Bradford) and it'd be nice to hang out with more oldskool enthusiasts
Old 07 November 2013, 15:20   #3
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Welcome Bobpard.

Are you regretting selling those games yet?

I still regret selling my 2600 20yrs ago
Old 07 November 2013, 22:42   #4
bobpard

i've just posted about a meet up about 20 mins ago :-)

will be on Sat 23rd November :-)

Victoria hotel (great george street) LS1 3DL 7:30 till closing

also, every meet up we do a tat lucky dip too, everyone has to gift wrap either a game or a game/computer related item and then we do a lucky dip. always a laugh to see what rubbish we can find, last time i gave away garbarge truck simulator on the pc. Rule is now no sports games though as its no fun picking up fifa every month.

come along will be fun.

--

i do kind of regret selling those games, but i sort of went on a purge and got rid of pretty much all of my 8bit computers (sold my electron collection i had since i was 4, about 80 original games too), but kept chuckie egg and the machine. sold my spectrum with about 200 games, atari st, zx81, 2 x amiga 500 (only kept 1200) and a bbc.
Essentially all of the disk and tape based media pretty much went, was sad to see my lucasfilm games go (again had since i bought them new as a kid) but good to see that they went to friends and people on amibay where they will be loved. My 1200 disk drive stopped working so i thought why not sell up those games and stick in a cf hdd.

Glad to have got a bit of space back though and i will always have my memories of all of those games and i can still play them if i want at least
(still not installed it mind, but the thought is there)