English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 September 2019, 18:44   #1
Lasse

How to make an Amiga test Kit?

I wanna test my memory on my Amiga 1200, and have been recommended doing it with Amiga Test Kit.

Can anybody explain me how I make an Amiga Test Kit?

I have found the application, but how to get it operative is difficult for a newbie to understand. A step by step guide would be great, or a link to a youtube video, but I can't find it. I do have a Amiga 1200 with a CF card, WHDload and a operative floppy drive.

Anybody?
Old 15 September 2019, 20:22   #2
solarmon

The best path I have found is the following, summarised:

* Emulate your A1200 setup in WinUAE, using the same CF as you have used in your A1200. You need to also be able to also mount a folder where you can transfer files between your PC/MAC and the emulated A1200.

* In your emulated A1200 setup, get PCMCIA CF drivers working - using this guide:

https://exthema.io/2016/11/07/moving-files-around/

Download the files and use the mount folder mentioned above to get the downloaded files in to the emulated setup.

* You can then use the CF in the real A1200, now with the appropriate PCMCIA CF drivers.

* Then you can transfer the program files, or ADF files, using the PCMCIA CF between your A1200 and PC/Mac.

* To write DMS or ADF files to a real floppy drive - use tsgui:

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

(You'll probably want to download and save this file/program during in your emulated A1200 setup, using the mounted transfer folder.

Note: You can just copy the DMS/ADF files (or any files)( direct to your emulated A1200 setup (and then use that in your real A1200), but having a working PCMCIA CF will be so much better in the long run.

I hope that helps and gives you some pointers. There are still quite a lot to do and understand for each step, but this is just to show the summarised process I used.
Old 15 September 2019, 21:59   #3
Lasse

Superb. Thanks. That is what I was looking for.