English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 September 2007, 22:47   #1
nnever2000

Cubo Cd32

Mame will soon support amiga aga games; in the last beta 118u5 Ernesto Corvi done a lot of improvement (see http://mamedev.org/updates/whatsnew_0118u5.txt).

For people that dont known, cubocd32 is a cd32 used as arcade machine;anyway the games supported by the cubocd32 are very few and not so good.

The point is that the cubocd32 driver may be used as a troyan to "easly" add amiga games to mame! May be we can have a custom compile of the mame32 that support only amiga games.

Sounds good to you?
Old 07 September 2007, 22:53   #2
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Theres a few of those around here, running some kind of crappy Bally clones and jigsaw games.

Theres a few of those around here, running some kind of crappy Bally clones and jigsaw games. Since its really just a CD32 it would be interesting if they got real CD32 games working too.

Last edited by DrF; 07 September 2007 at 22:55. Reason: Browser gone crazzzzay!
Old 07 September 2007, 23:16   #3
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnever2000 View Post
Mame will soon support amiga aga games; in the last beta 118u5 Ernesto Corvi done a lot of improvement (see http://mamedev.org/updates/whatsnew_0118u5.txt).

For people that dont known, cubocd32 is a cd32 used as arcade machine;anyway the games supported by the cubocd32 are very few and not so good.

The point is that the cubocd32 driver may be used as a troyan to "easly" add amiga games to mame! May be we can have a custom compile of the mame32 that support only amiga games.

Sounds good to you?
Looks like someone missed my thread a week or so ago

... Cubo CD32 - Interesting news from MAMEDevs...
Old 08 September 2007, 01:35   #4
nnever2000

oh........... yes I see.

I have the name for the ipotetic custom mame32: magia32 (magia is the word "amiga" scrambled and also the word "magic" writenn in italian)
Old 08 September 2007, 20:20   #5
Xenon

So finally, MAME will support all the Amiga based arcade games: Arcadia and Cubo-32 systems...
Old 08 September 2007, 20:36   #6
thor

@Xenon
there are more Amiga based arcades supported by MAME (ok, most with prelimary support):

Moonquake
Up Scope
American Laser Games

@nnever2000
I believe what you're looking for is MESS (computer and consoles emulation based on MAME)
Old 09 September 2007, 14:18   #7
nnever2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
@Xenon
there are more Amiga based arcades supported by MAME (ok, most with prelimary support):

Moonquake
Up Scope
American Laser Games

@nnever2000
I believe what you're looking for is MESS (computer and consoles emulation based on MAME)
With MESS I can select a computer in a list of computer, but not a game in a list of game. The emulation is quite imperfect and aga is not supported.

Last edited by nnever2000; 09 September 2007 at 14:36.
Old 09 September 2007, 15:15   #8
thor

I doubt you'll ever find an Amiga emulator with a list of games built-in. There are too many and too many variations. The closest you'll get is a frontend like Gamebase (MAME32 is MAME+built-in frontend). Of course MESS emulation isn't as good as WinUAE, but since it's based on MAME, MAME isn't much better and the improvements in MAME will be probably incorporated into MESS sometime afterwards. So since adding Amiga games to MAME is pointless, you could use a frontend with MESS, but we have WinUAE, so using something like MAME/MESS for regular Amiga emulation at least on Windows isn't a good idea in my opinion.

Last edited by thor; 09 September 2007 at 15:21.
Old 09 September 2007, 21:16   #9
nnever2000

Quote:
I doubt you'll ever find an Amiga emulator with a list of games built-in. There are too many and too many variations. The closest you'll get is a frontend like Gamebase (MAME32 is MAME+built-in frontend). Of course MESS emulation isn't as good as WinUAE, but since it's based on MAME, MAME isn't much better and the improvements in MAME will be probably incorporated into MESS sometime afterwards. So since adding Amiga games to MAME is pointless, you could use a frontend with MESS, but we have WinUAE, so using something like MAME/MESS for regular Amiga emulation at least on Windows isn't a good idea in my opinion.
Not all amiga games but only the most rappresentative of the amiga history. WinUAE is a perfect amiga emulator, probably without Toni today will still lack the aga emulation and other hardware stuff (so all amiga comunity have a debit with Toni [not to forgot Brian, Bern and Mathias]).
Anyway, we have to configure all the games every time a major release come out (I have more then 100 most rappresentative games configured); the configuration is still not so user friendly because the inside nature of amiga games, offten split over two or more disks.
Because the hardware, games have very strange resolution, most 320x256 but a lot have esotic resolution (overscan and others).
Because WinUAE is generic Amiga emulation (even for serious programs) in my opinion will be a good idea to have all these games hardcoded-preconfigured (exactly like the rom in mame), in a different program, so the user have only to double click to see the games correctly in full screen (without be crazy with the thouzand option of winuae).
* THIS IS NOT A CRITIC VERSUS WINUAE * I love this program and I am VERY pleasing to Toni
Old 10 September 2007, 00:27   #10
thor

Quote:
Because WinUAE is generic Amiga emulation (even for serious programs) in my opinion will be a good idea to have all these games hardcoded-preconfigured (exactly like the rom in mame), in a different program, so the user have only to double click to see the games correctly in full screen (without be crazy with the thouzand option of winuae).
You can do exactly that with Gamebase Amiga.
Old 10 September 2007, 17:02   #11
nnever2000

Quote:
You can do exactly that with Gamebase Amiga.
Are you joking? That is an obsolete Visual Basic 6.0 application and is based on a discontinued application "Deliplayer". Moreover this application dont solve the disk change problem that must be changed manually using winuae interface.
Old 10 September 2007, 17:52   #12
thor

Certainly not, as a frontend is what you'll need for that (MAME32 is MAME+built-in frontend is I already said). You can use any frontend that you wish, it's just Gamebase Amiga is already done, if you want to use another one, you'll have to do the configurations yourself, no one stops you from doing that. The diskchange has nothing to do with the frontend. No program can insert the required disks automagically if there are more than the supported drives. Also you don't need to use the interface for diskchanging, there are shortcuts for this. If you want to get rid of diskchanges completely use WHDLoad (which is supported by Gamebase Amiga). And it's certainly not based on Deliplayer, you can use any player that support mods+lha files, it's just there aren't that many That problem exists for any frontend that you use.
Old 12 September 2007, 01:12   #13
Xenon

Wow! American Laser Games were on Amiga Boards? I liked those FMV games a lot!!!
Old 12 September 2007, 01:52   #14
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Are you joking? That is an obsolete Visual Basic 6.0 application and is based on a discontinued application "Deliplayer". Moreover this application dont solve the disk change problem that must be changed manually using winuae interface.
If you use the whdload installs then it does get over the disk change hurdle.

Gamebase Amiga has supported WHDload for a while now.
Old 12 September 2007, 04:22   #15
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Quote:
If you use the whdload installs then it does get over the disk change hurdle.

Gamebase Amiga has supported WHDload for a while now.
Plus, for ADF at least (not sure about SPS) the disks are set up in the disk swapper so all you have to do is press END+# (# being the disk number you want to insert) to change the disk.