English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 16 June 2019, 16:28   #1
mik3d3nch

Hello everyone can you help me please?

My name is Mike Dench and I used to own the amazing Amiga 1000 whose loss I still mourn to this day because of the productivity it enabled. I'm a writer/artist/musician (Harmonica player, not a very good one). I'm an ex-teacher of CDT (Americans can substitute 'shop') 72 years old and I really only use computers for those applications.

I don't want a modern tracker, too complicated, I am very happy with the old Amiga one I loved and found again on YouTube
[ Show youtube player ]

I was recommended to come here by someone who uses the handle SKR at World of Spectrum who also recommended the tracker called MultiMedia_Sound
http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/MultiMedia_Sound
when I mentioned that I'd only gotten WinUAE from Amiga Forever because I missed having SoundFX which I just loved to death for making intriguing sounds.

Trouble is, its NOT the same, close but no cigar. For one thing it lacks the range of songs and instruments the original came with - I'd give anything even money! - to get it back complete with aforesaid plus the effects which on this new one dont work properly.

I know that trackers use something called a MOD and I tried dloading a couple but cannot for the life of me get them into the program and it DOES have the capability to load songs. I tried the old drag and drop routine, no go. I tried searching folders for the software but cannot find anything even though its a little floppy icon sitting in Workbench.

Thankyou for reading this, sorry if its too long, it could have been much longer!
Old 16 June 2019, 20:06   #2
Wachi

www.sonicpulse.de/eng/p_sfx.html
Old 16 June 2019, 22:13   #3
mik3d3nch

Thanks Wachi but Firefox won't let me go there, says its a suspicious site but of course I ignored that only to discover that it ask for a registration and then download but theres no screenshots to verify its the right product and from their description I'm not sure that its even the same program.

I still risked it but the final straw was no installer. The data files presented I cannot understand how to use.

Last edited by mik3d3nch; 16 June 2019 at 22:18. Reason: Correcting error
Old 16 June 2019, 22:47   #4
wizard1

SoundFX 1.3

Hi mik3d3nch
I have a .adf copy of a soundtools disk. It contains ver 1.3 of the programme your looking for. I can post it to the ZONE for ya if you want?
cheers
wizard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik3d3nch View Post
Thanks Wachi but Firefox won't let me go there, says its a suspicious site but of course I ignored that only to discover that it ask for a registration and then download but theres no screenshots to verify its the right product and from their description I'm not sure that its even the same program.

I still risked it but the final straw was no installer. The data files presented I cannot understand how to use.
Old 16 June 2019, 23:17   #5
mik3d3nch

Thanks very much wizard1! I'm new here and to the whole Amiga scene so I don't know who, what or where the Zone is but I sure would like a copy of that!

Okay thanks I got it. I still have a LOT to relearn about Amiga running under emulation. Locating specific files, learning filename endings to identify them, being able to put them where needed.

I got SoundFX thanks to you but the instruments are missing! I have a theory that maybe they were chip calls not sound files as such? In which case I'll never get them back. Theres a whole range of instruments that should be there included with the program but they arent.

I'm still very grateful though and will eventually locate everything I'm sure.

Last edited by mik3d3nch; 17 June 2019 at 12:35. Reason: confirm received prog from zone
Old 16 June 2019, 23:22   #6
studio460

Quote:
. . . I don't know who, what or where the Zone is but I sure would like a copy of that!
To join The Zone (from Paul's sticky):

1. Click on "User CP" (top-left of screen).
2. Click on "Group Memberships" (bottom-left under "Miscellaneous").
3. Then click "Join Group."

The Zone is abime's repository of user-uploaded, legally-sharable software.

Last edited by studio460; 16 June 2019 at 23:33.
Old 16 June 2019, 23:29   #7
mik3d3nch

Thanks Studio460. Apparently I do not have sufficient privileges?
Old 16 June 2019, 23:31   #8
studio460

Not sure. I was able to join The Zone pretty quickly; though, I post a lot for a new member (only joined a few days ago). Maybe after 10 posts?
Old 16 June 2019, 23:35   #9
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Studio460. Apparently I do not have sufficient privileges?
Heya mik3d3nch,

Welcome to EAB

Just follow the instructions here: How do I get access to The Zone?

Afterwards you will can enter The Zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Not sure. I was able to join The Zone pretty quickly; though, I post a lot for a new member (only joined a few days ago). Maybe after 10 posts?
Anyone who registers on EAB can immediately access The Zone! after following the above instructions to join the required group
Old 18 June 2019, 13:50   #10
Wachi

Quote:

Sorry, the page is old and is out of date, so it gives you the Firefox warning, but it's safe.
No need to register to download the files.
The files are compressed files that are normal .lha in Amiga, with any decompression program they can be decompressed.
It is true that the version is not what you want, it is the V4.3 of SoundFX Demo (without registering). But if you're interested ... I found a thread about it in this site......
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=92938
Here it tells you where you can download the complete program with just one click, including the registration key because it is already released.

https://www.amigafuture.de/album_pic.php?pic_id=19876

https://www.amigafuture.de/album_pic.php?pic_id=19875

a greeting

Last edited by Wachi; 18 June 2019 at 14:04.
Old 18 June 2019, 21:45   #11
volvo_0ne

@mik3d3nch

ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/~Uploads/Bi...91;cr QTX].zip
Old 19 June 2019, 12:06   #12
mik3d3nch

Hoo-bloody-ray Volvo one!!

Yeah, thats IT! You are a life saver, I've been after this for so many years. It doesnt help that at least two other big programs on entirely different topics are using the same name.

THIS is the ONE! I am so happy to finally get it back.

Sincere thanks also due to everyone else for trying to get me sorted .