English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 02 November 2015, 18:11   #41
tlosm

Hypex can you test please with this configuration?

Code:
amiga_model = A4000/OS4
hard_drive_0_controller = ide0
hard_drive_0 = your_hdf_in_documents_fsuae.hdf
uae_a2065 = slirp
automatic_input_grab = 0
floppy_drive_0_volume = 5
fullscreen = 0
slirp_implementation = qemu
dont insert the cdrom emulation

remember to push fast esc when the emulator start and disable all luns in the scsi of cyberstorm...
let me know if crash.
Old 03 November 2015, 02:39   #42
Hypex

Hello again. I just tested the older FS-UAE 2.6.1 build from The Zone. It gave a warning about JIT direct not being compatible with emulated Blizzard but I am emulating CyberStorm. Well it's older so may not be relevant now.

Code:
UAE: Initializing core derived from WinUAE 3100
LOG: /Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae.log.txt
MESSAGE: JIT direct is not compatible with emulated Blizzard accelerator boards.
WARNING: JIT direct is not compatible with emulated Blizzard accelerator boards.
UAE: KS ROM 917100a0 (524288 bytes)
 -- stub -- my_setcurrentdir curdir="/Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/CD-ROMs" oldcur=""
Assertion failed: (s->current), function lsi_do_dma, file src/qemuvga/lsi53c895a.cpp, line 550.
Abort trap
In any case it looks like the problem is the qemu-uae plugin. I think this will need to be recompiled and make sure all the files are in place. Given it looks like a loading error but doesn't quit when not found perhaps there is a compile option to exit instead of crash? Can an assert be put into FS-UAE or the plugin so it fails with a load error instead of crashing?

I want to demo this at my Amiga meeting Thursday. My demo is two months behind. I need to get it working now! ;-)
Old 03 November 2015, 03:03   #43
Hypex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlosm View Post
Hypex can you test please with this configuration?
I tested your configuration. It of course works since it boots into AROS. And my HDF won't do anything because it's blank.

So I modified mine slightly to duplicate it for my PPC config. Same crash I get.

However now I found I can't get into the PPC menu now. Esc doesn't work here. It just boots. I disabled SCSI a while ago so that shouldn't matter. But the menu used to work. :?
Old 03 November 2015, 19:51   #44
tlosm

umm... if you see aros it means you are not using the A4000 3.1 rom in the kickstart folder in the documents or your kickstart is corrupted...

another thing are you using the last dev from SnakeCoils and my last ppc plugin library for fsuae ??
Old 04 November 2015, 15:42   #45
Hypex

Yes you didn't specify any Kickstart in your config. ;-)

Anyway. No change for before. Same crash. AFAIK I'm using SnakeCoils latest. FS-UAE 2.7.2dev.

And the 3.3.0qemu2.1.0 plugin. I put your qemu-uae.so.dylib in that folder as well as you didn't say where it should go.

But I'm closer. I noticed an error. The plugin fails because it cannot open libgthread. Any possibility to include this with plugin or compile as static?

I downloaded one and tried to put it in by hacking it into the FS-UAE resources for libs. But it just broke FS-UAE completely and said it was wrong version.
Old 06 November 2015, 17:13   #46
tlosm

hypex, in my config isnt specify the kickstart ... fsuae undestand from the first line on config what kickstart and what hardware is need to emulate.
this why i m really sure there is something missing or in your Osx or in your fsuae directory
Old 09 November 2015, 14:27   #47
Hypex

From the log it scanned all my Kickstart files but still chose AROS and didn't mention why. Even the one you use that doesn't work for me was found. I am also seeing audio under under runs.

Well something is surely missing. Something from the QEMU plug in. I don't know if the only way to test fresh is to create a new user account or reinstall only but one of you guys will need too so you can find all depends. For I am unable to locate what is missing. Is there some kind of "SnoopDOS" for OSX?

Well a clue to all this must surely be a missing libgthread. Aside from that is a dir listing of my current plugin:

rwxr-xr-x@ 6 Damien Damien 204 3 Nov 14:02 3.3.0qemu2.1.0
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Damien Damien 74 3 Nov 12:05 plugin.ini

./3.3.0qemu2.1.0:
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Damien Damien 25068 3 Nov 14:02 libgthread-2.0.0.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 Damien Damien 6304368 3 Apr 2015 qemu-uae.so
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Damien Damien 6300832 2 Nov 00:19 qemu-uae.so.dylib

Last edited by Hypex; 10 November 2015 at 13:24.
Old 09 November 2015, 21:21   #48
SnakeCoils

In The Zone! you can download the latest 2.7.4dev with tlosm's OS4 fix.
Please try if this works for you.
Old 09 November 2015, 22:43   #49
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypex View Post
From the log it scanned all my Kickstart files but still chose AROS and didn't mention why.
The internal AROS kickstart is used when the required/expected kickstart is not found. You can see here what kickstart(s) FS-UAE wants for a given model: http://fs-uae.net/kickstarts.

The following is on the to-do list: "When internal kickstart is being used and kickstart_file = internal was not used, show GUI message: Using AROS kickstart replacement".
Old 11 November 2015, 13:49   #50
Hypex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCoils View Post
In The Zone! you can download the latest 2.7.4dev with tlosm's OS4 fix.
Please try if this works for you.
Thanks for your update. It still crashed. But I got a log of why. I saw it before but didn't catch it. I had to run it from the terminal. I modified default config by booting PPCTest disk. And selected the WarpOS test. Only then can it crash to the point that it tells me why. So the following needs to be fixed. Once that is sorted out, the question is how to bundle all these files together so your FS-UAE build works and can be used by everyone. :-)

PPC: uae_ppc_cpu_reboot
PPC: Loading QEmu implementation
PLUGIN: Looking up "qemu-uae"
PLUGIN: Checking "/Applications/UAE/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/qemu-uae.so"
PLUGIN: Checking "/Applications/UAE/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/../qemu-uae/qemu-uae.so"
PLUGIN: Checking "/Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/Plugins/qemu-uae.so"
DLOPEN: dlopen(/Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/Plugins/qemu-uae-macosx-ppc/3.3.0qemu2.1.0/qemu-uae.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/Plugins/qemu-uae-macosx-ppc/3.3.0qemu2.1.0/qemu-uae.so
Reason: image not found
DLOPEN: Failed to open /Users/Damien/Documents/FS-UAE/Plugins/qemu-uae-macosx-ppc/3.3.0qemu2.1.0/qemu-uae.so
WARNING: Error loading qemu-uae plugin
Old 16 November 2015, 01:38   #51
Hypex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
The internal AROS kickstart is used when the required/expected kickstart is not found.
Thanks for the info. I actually have v40.70 A4K/T revision files and a file named amiga-os-310-a4000.rom.

FWIW the following ROMs are included in OS4.1FE you might know about:
Kickstart-34.4.rom
Kickstart-A1200-40.68.rom
Kickstart-CD32-40.60.rom
Kickstart-CD32-extra-40.60.rom
Old 18 November 2015, 00:54   #52
Hypex

Perhaps it's time to put a close to my thread. The latest FS-UAE seems fairly stable. I haven't seen the audio crash in a while. Though I get a lot of buffer under runs.

My problem now is getting the QEMU_UAE plug in to work under PPC. Right now it fails in a trap for a missing dylib. Can this plug in be compiled as static I wonder?

So maybe my next thread will be QEMU-UAE keeps crashing on OSX PPC!
Old 18 November 2015, 01:06   #53
eastone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypex View Post

so maybe my next thread will be qemu-uae keeps crashing on osx ppc! :d
+1
Old 21 November 2015, 13:01   #54
Hypex

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastone View Post
+1
Done. But no one could help.
Old 01 March 2016, 13:47   #55
Marmotta

Files are no more present in the zone... where I find it? (fs-uaePPC + Qemu plugin)
Old 04 March 2016, 16:19   #56
Hypex

Search for fs-uae and you will find two files at present. If the plug in is missing I could upload mine again but it failed on my machine.
Old 04 March 2016, 17:10   #57
Marmotta

Quote:
Search for fs-uae and you will find two files at present. If the plug in is missing I could upload mine again but it failed on my machine.
Yes, but is older versions...

I found other files in other thread! (dropbox links) Now I try it
Old 08 March 2016, 14:36   #58
Hypex

How did you go?

I haven't got this working yet even after compiling it myself so I just gave up on it.
Old 08 March 2016, 19:17   #59
Marmotta

Quote:
How did you go?

I haven't got this working yet even after compiling it myself so I just gave up on it.
In this thread latest tlosm dropbox link

But I not have tested for the moment...