English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 10 February 2021, 12:10   #21
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

Test/development pcb for a video slot solution I'm working on that is aimed at all Amigas with video slot. It's prepared to support 24-bit colour, but some changes to the Pi firmware are needed - I haven't looked at that yet.

If this works out, most of the schematic can also be used for a solution that connects directly to Lisa (A1200), I think.

As soon as I've confirmed this design won't kill my A4000, I will put everything up on github, although it's still WIP.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rgbtohdmi.png
Views:	255
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	70860  
Old 10 February 2021, 12:31   #22
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonique View Post
Test/development pcb for a video slot solution I'm working on that is aimed at all Amigas with video slot. It's prepared to support 24-bit colour, but some changes to the Pi firmware are needed - I haven't looked at that yet.

If this works out, most of the schematic can also be used for a solution that connects directly to Lisa (A1200), I think.

As soon as I've confirmed this design won't kill my A4000, I will put everything up on github, although it's still WIP.

That would be fantastic
Hope it will work.
Old 10 February 2021, 15:32   #23
kipper2k

This looks really, really nice. I was looking at the a1200 pinouts last week for the RGB colour bits. All 24 of them and the sync signal can be found on the DAC so it may be possible to do something similar as to what i done on the A600 but prob still need to tap into other signals. Hope you have good luck with this
Old 10 February 2021, 18:27   #24
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
This looks really, really nice. I was looking at the a1200 pinouts last week for the RGB colour bits. All 24 of them and the sync signal can be found on the DAC so it may be possible to do something similar as to what i done on the A600 but prob still need to tap into other signals. Hope you have good luck with this
Thanks. The thing with AGA is that the clocks available on Lisa pins are a little different - as far as I understand, it mainly runs on the 28Mhz clock (also used as pixel clock) which is also needed to support the super-hires mode (35ns pixel period).

Denise clocks on both edges of either 7M or CDAC, or xor's them to get a 14MHz signal.

I'm multiplexing between the hi/lo 4 colour bits in this design so it has 12 colour lines going into the Pi as per the original design from hoglet67 - the select signal for the multiplexing will come from the Pi, so the firmware can be changed to always use 24-bits, and then just leave it at the hi 4 bits all the time for 12-bit systems.

Last edited by hooverphonique; 10 February 2021 at 23:35.
Old 10 February 2021, 19:28   #25
demon-knight
Blitter

Great design @hooverphonique so clean.

Hoping a 1200 version is possible