English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 March 2019, 15:11   #41
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
There seems to be a problem with order of devices shown in CD & hard drives page. Doesn't happen with 4.1.0, does with 4.2.0b1 and 4.2.0b5.
Config:
hXXps://www.media!fire.com/file/dbjgur4vax9o9uf/AMIX203_A2000A2630A2090A2065_Kick13.uae.zip/file

Load that config, click CD & hard drives. HD is first, tape drive second in list. Start emulation than press F12 after a couple of seconds. Notice that the order in the list has swapped. Double-click on the tape drive entry (now at the top). Hardfile settings window opens. Similarly, click the HD entry (now at the bottom of list) and Tape Drive Settings window opens.
I can't duplicate but I also don't have Z: drive (which may make a difference).

If you save config after booting, does order of entries also change in config file?
Old 15 March 2019, 16:48   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentad View Post
I tried 4.1.0 and that seems to work fine. I will try to grab the older betas and see if they work too.
Switch off more compatible. It is almost never needed when running non-game/demo programs. Some development tools are exceptions.

It makes Amix much slower (and unstable because when prefetch and cache emulation is combined with MMU, there are some still not yet fully handled situations..)

EDIT: But it it would be great to have some easier and simpler way to duplicate the problem than olinit..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 15 March 2019 at 16:54.
Old 15 March 2019, 20:04   #43
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
If you save config after booting, does order of entries also change in config file?
No. I loaded config, start emulation, press F12, saved config, quit WinUAE. Ran it again, loaded config. Order was correct again. [I should probably note I'm testing on Linux/Wine at the moment.]
Old 15 March 2019, 20:09   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
No. I loaded config, start emulation, press F12, saved config, quit WinUAE. Ran it again, loaded config. Order was correct again. [I should probably note I'm testing on Linux/Wine at the moment.]
420b1 introduced customizable list view fields and sort order (sorting obviously is not allowed everywhere) so it could be wine problem. Input panel is one that supports sorting, does it work correctly? (note that there are 3 sort order steps, default, ascending and descending, not the usual 2)
Old 15 March 2019, 21:01   #45
mark_k

I think the input panel sorting is working correctly in Wine. At least, I compared to Windows 10 and behaviour is the same. (If you click twice is succession, the second click is ignored, probably because it's considered to be a double-click?)
Old 16 March 2019, 19:27   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This probably makes no difference but better check it too: clear[ListViews] ini section/registry key and don't touch harddrives panel listview column titles. Does order change still happen?
Old 19 March 2019, 13:40   #47
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I started using WinUAE again after a 2-month hiatus (up to 4.2.0 b1) and noticed something new under the "Display" section: "VRR monitor. Do not tick!". Has this got anything to do with Virtual Reality?
Old 19 March 2019, 17:01   #48
Zarnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
I started using WinUAE again after a 2-month hiatus (up to 4.2.0 b1) and noticed something new under the "Display" section: "VRR monitor. Do not tick!". Has this got anything to do with Virtual Reality?

No.

Variable Refresh Rate
Old 23 March 2019, 16:34   #49
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

VRR button is beta only. It is experimental stuff that isn't very useful at the moment.
Old 23 March 2019, 16:44   #50
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_4200b6.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_4200b6.7z

Beta 6: (very close to final, estimated relase date: first week of April)

- On the fly switching to built-in AROS ROM with low memory config (like basic A500) crashed.
- Tape emulation: only support reads/writes if CDB fixed bit is set, emulated drive is not variable block size compatible and it was wrong anyway.
- Activate debugger if entering halted state and debugger is in use (for example breakpoint active)
- ATAPI tape: ATAPI identity response device type was CD-ROM, not Sequential access device.
Old 24 March 2019, 01:10   #51
falken
Amiga Lover

Is there any possibility of implementing Vulkan within WinUAE?
Old 27 March 2019, 16:45   #52
James

XIII can't open a PiP window on any of these betas, it was working (slow) with beta 0, 2019.01.06.

WinUAE_Logs.zip

http://aminet.net/package/demo/aga/xiii-Oxy
Old 27 March 2019, 18:23   #53
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post
Is there any possibility of implementing Vulkan within WinUAE?
Offtopic (see first post). And already explained in other threads. (quickly: it makes no sense, Vulkan (and DX12) is designed for rendering huge amount of dynamic stuff, huge amount of triangles, huge amount of objects optimally. 2D rendering means 2 triangles, 2-4 textures..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
XIII can't open a PiP window on any of these betas, it was working (slow) with beta 0, 2019.01.06.

Attachment 62582

http://aminet.net/package/demo/aga/xiii-Oxy
Thanks. It was only accidental (did it really work with correct size and colors?) because palette indexed overlay was never tested. Picasso IV hardware mode is also broken in this mode.

Fixed soon..
Old 27 March 2019, 19:03   #54
MartinW

Quote:
VRR button is beta only. It is experimental stuff that isn't very useful at the moment.
By the by, I know it says "do not tick" or whatever the wording is but I just bought a monitor with Freesync (G-Sync compatible) and so could not resist.

Obviously I don't know your full plans, but VRR appears to work very nicely. There are issues, of course, hence why it is "beta", "do not tick" etc., etc. but I thought you might like the early feedback.
Old 27 March 2019, 19:20   #55
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
By the by, I know it says "do not tick" or whatever the wording is but I just bought a monitor with Freesync (G-Sync compatible) and so could not resist.

Obviously I don't know your full plans, but VRR appears to work very nicely. There are issues, of course, hence why it is "beta", "do not tick" etc., etc. but I thought you might like the early feedback.
You shouldn't need it (and most likely should see any difference except in some special situations). G-Sync will still work without the option.

Quote:
Thanks. It was only accidental (did it really work with correct size and colors?) because palette indexed overlay was never tested. Picasso IV hardware mode is also broken in this mode.

Fixed soon..
Picasso IV now works but I can't find correct palette in uaegfx mode. 8-bit CLUT overlay mode should use palette normally (and in Picasso IV mode correct palette can be found from VGA palette registers as Cirrus Logic spec says) but uaegfx driver does not get any palette function calls..

struct CLUTEntry in BoardInfo also isn't correct, it contains some kind of default palette.
Old 27 March 2019, 19:58   #56
MartinW

Quote:
You shouldn't need it (and most likely should see any difference except in some special situations). G-Sync will still work without
LOL! Yeah ok, not had a freesync monitor before so I didn’t know that! Just assumed VRR was doing it

Last edited by MartinW; 27 March 2019 at 20:28.
Old 28 March 2019, 21:17   #57
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Picasso IV now works but I can't find correct palette in uaegfx mode. 8-bit CLUT overlay mode should use palette normally (and in Picasso IV mode correct palette can be found from VGA palette registers as Cirrus Logic spec says) but uaegfx driver does not get any palette function calls..

struct CLUTEntry in BoardInfo also isn't correct, it contains some kind of default palette.
uaegfx 8-bit overlay palette is now correct. (It used undocumented tags, documented only in recent picasso96 update)
Old 29 March 2019, 18:51   #58
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_4200b7.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_4200b7.7z

Beta 7:

- ELF executable ROM loader crash fix.
- Borderblank + horizontally bitplane ending before display window end: part of right border was drawn using wrong color (borderblank color vs color 0).
- uaegfx and Picasso IV 8-bit palette overlay mode was not implemented. Fixes XIII/Oxyron PIP mode.
- Fixed uaegfx overlay corruption if allocated overlay bitmap width was not divisible by pixel byte size. (PiP_View + image with "unaligned" width)
- Disassemmbling 68020+ full format extension type (an,dn,xxxx.w/.l) didn't print an part.
Old 02 April 2019, 02:11   #59
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Using Beta 7 now and I can no longer select a Blizzard 1260 in the CD& Hard Drives section on winuae. It is set in Expansions but will not show up as a selectable option yet a CyberStorm MKIII does is there a fault somewhere?
Old 02 April 2019, 12:39   #60
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Using Beta 7 now and I can no longer select a Blizzard 1260 in the CD& Hard Drives section on winuae. It is set in Expansions but will not show up as a selectable option yet a CyberStorm MKIII does is there a fault somewhere?
Blizzard 1260 does not have built-in SCSI controller. You need to add SCSI Kit.
(and obviously this is not beta related and older versions have exact same behavior)