English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 20 October 2015, 09:55   #421
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
This might jeopardize Phillippe's Kickstarter project.

Agreed, I haven't put in for it but it but Jens comments where seriously uncool!
Old 20 October 2015, 10:31   #422
hayesmaker

I liked the part where the guy said Jens never spoke to him or anyone there, and then in the next post, quotes his email...

Old 20 October 2015, 10:41   #423
Derek

Can't we have BOTH cases to choose from? Support Phillippe's and then if you prefer the new one (if it gets made) then buy it and sell Phillippe's.

Old 20 October 2015, 10:42   #424
lumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesmaker View Post
I liked the part where the guy said Jens never spoke to him or anyone there, and then in the next post, quotes his email...
Read the whole communication, not just parts of it. Phill said that they did not ask for any help. They were asking just for some kind of partnership.
Old 20 October 2015, 10:47   #425
lumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Can't we have BOTH cases to choose from? Support Phillippe's and then if you prefer the new one (if it gets made) then buy it and sell Phillippe's.

I would really prefer to have them both.
Old 20 October 2015, 11:08   #426
Nostromo

I prefer Phillipe's.
Old 20 October 2015, 11:24   #427
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machico2012 View Post
What about the ACA 1231/42 ?????
This may work on the Amiga Reloaded, but since it's an OEM product for Vesalia, I don't do product support for it. It will therefore have the same status as Blizzard cards have at the moment.

To my knowledge, this card currently does not work on the ACA500. However, it may work after the ACA1221 update has been released. So much for high probabilities - no guarantee, though.

Jens
Old 20 October 2015, 11:33   #428
tassel
Tassel / LaBaN

I think Jens and Phillipe have sorted out. let us put this behind us and use the thread to discuss the new mobos from Jens

Jens: Can you share info about how far you have come with the project?

Regards
Old 20 October 2015, 11:33   #429
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
Read the whole communication, not just parts of it. Phill said that they did not ask for any help. They were asking just for some kind of partnership.
Did anyone actually get the notion that I've answered "no", and Phil decided to use my products as "draft horse" despite my refusal? I get a feeling that double standards are applied here. It's either you criticize both, or none.

My support comes at a price: I don't support any project just because it's Amiga related. If I see mistakes being made, and I see simple solutions, I'd like to make those changes before my support is being made public. Phil chose the simple route: He asked me, I said no, he used it as "yes". Now he insists on not having asked for help, which is true, but unrelated.

Jens
Old 20 October 2015, 11:51   #430
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Did anyone actually get the notion that I've answered "no", and Phil decided to use my products as "draft horse" despite my refusal? I get a feeling that double standards are applied here. It's either you criticize both, or none.

My support comes at a price: I don't support any project just because it's Amiga related. If I see mistakes being made, and I see simple solutions, I'd like to make those changes before my support is being made public. Phil chose the simple route: He asked me, I said no, he used it as "yes". Now he insists on not having asked for help, which is true, but unrelated.

Jens
Draft horse ?
I used your "no" as a "yes" ?

My dear Jens, the more i read you, the more i like you.

Don't turn words upside down. You've refused for us to add IC logo in our partners sections. That's all. So we didn't. Again nothing fancy here.

As i said it before, you do make some great products and the Keyrah is one.

But if i read correctly you DON'T want us to include the keyrah in the RASPIANS pack we've made. Is that right ?

If this is what you want, just confirm me this by email, and it'll be done. All Keyrah mentionning will be removed.

I'm an open guy, all of us are, you can talk to me.
Old 20 October 2015, 11:57   #431
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Phil,

I did not object when you added the "Keyrah V2" and "Amiga Reloaded" names to your Kickstarter project, and I won't do so now. If I wanted that, I would have done so in august. You'll need any and all supporters that you have now, and that you may get in the next few days.

Jens
Old 20 October 2015, 12:07   #432
Nostromo

I think everyone stands to gain if Phillippe's Kickstarter is a success. For example, if he succeeds, I will get a nice brand new "official" case to house an Amiga Reloaded board.
Old 20 October 2015, 12:28   #433
clebin

Quote:
This may work on the Amiga Reloaded, but since it's an OEM product for Vesalia, I don't do product support for it. It will therefore have the same status as Blizzard cards have at the moment.

To my knowledge, this card currently does not work on the ACA500. However, it may work after the ACA1221 update has been released. So much for high probabilities - no guarantee, though.

Jens
If you could endeavour to test the ACA1231/42 and get it working, a lot of customers would appreciate it. When I bought the 1231, it came in an Individual Computers box and for all I knew it was simply another card in the ACA123x range. I don't expect support at this late stage obviously, but it's a shame for the board to be left out over something that wasn't communicated (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd definitely consider a Reloaded board, but I can't justify the expense of a new accelerator as well.

Last edited by clebin; 20 October 2015 at 12:47.
Old 20 October 2015, 12:40   #434
jdb78

Would everybody please calm down again? We spent too much time with aggressive, destructive behavior during the 30 years of Amiga, let's just work together. Phil and Jens, go drink a beer together and talk like grown up persons that you are. You both do something for the community so everything is appreciated. Now back to topic please! Can#t stand that arguing anymore. Thank you!

Old 20 October 2015, 12:49   #435
wawa

now that i read a bit through these threads, i must say that the policy on display here to put down independent projects that may interfere with ones target audience doesnt really look fair. if one has not voiced objections up till now, one shouldnt do that in alast to weeks of campain, especially when admitting to wish it to fail "for their own sake".

jens, you have aggresively criticized gunnar and igor in the past. if you were always right, there wouldnt be neither vampire accelerators nor apollo core out there. there may be misunderstandings or maybe lack of insight on both part, but you are not the only person everybody needs to report if they want to start an amiga related project.
Old 20 October 2015, 12:52   #436
Sunray

I would like some details about Jens case project. I will support both projects!

Old 20 October 2015, 13:02   #437
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
I would like some details about Jens case project. I will support both projects!
Again, it's NOT my project. It's just the one that I prefer for technical reasons.

Jens
Old 20 October 2015, 15:38   #438
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Jens, you digging further and further, this is really tedious to watch.
Once again, you did put one accusation forward which got immediately addressed by Philippe.

At some point you need to acknowledge that you have nothing to support your claims and just stop. No one is accusing you of anything, you are the one who accuses and the evidence which comes back is not flattering.

Quote:
My support comes at a price: I don't support any project just because it's Amiga related. If I see mistakes being made, and I see simple solutions, I'd like to make those changes before my support is being made public.
"Mistakes" which you admitted you have no evidence for and that you where told of by clearly partial "sources".
That is three mistakes, from you:
- putting the onus on proof of innocence on the accused party
- accusing publicly without evidence
- using second hand information from biased sources.

Quote:
Phil chose the simple route: He asked me, I said no, he used it as "yes". Now he insists on not having asked for help, which is true, but unrelated.

Jens
Which is not what happened as Philippe's replies made clear (and I have not seen you contest the content of these emails).
He has every right to use your products as long as he doesn't use your company name and you eventually ended up admitting it (cf quote below).

Distorting the content of these emails does nothing good for your reputation.

Quote:
Phil,

I did not object when you added the "Keyrah V2" and "Amiga Reloaded" names to your Kickstarter project, and I won't do so now. If I wanted that, I would have done so in august. You'll need any and all supporters that you have now, and that you may get in the next few days.

Jens
See my quote of yourself above, you did say he took a "no" for a "yes" in this matter.

Frankly, this is embarrassing. You messed up, just admit it and let us put this embarrassing episode behind us.
Old 20 October 2015, 16:08   #439
Kremlar

Wow. Have to say I was conflicted on whether or not to support Phillipe's Kickstarter case project, but these seemingly political BS shenanigans by Jens have made me definitely want to back it.

I mean really, Phillipe asks if he can use your logo as a partner and instead you offer to LEAD (not partner with) a new project? LOL yeah OK. I think someone's head is a bit too big for their britches.
Old 20 October 2015, 16:26   #440
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

The A600 has the most ridiculous mobo shape at all. having an AGA machine in an A600 case without the numeric pad, for what purpose? Full sized keyboards are must to have. The most significant upgrade should be some mobo ramslots, double CF or CF&IDE (dreaming of SATA) combos and the clearout of the old keyboard MPU bug. Of course a good CPU slot for further expansions like the ACA boards are also a must, but honestly designing a board with less than a 030@50 MHz would also lead to nowhere at all. Naturally, USB ports, Ethernet onboard with clockport, or direct 16 bit sound are somewhat I'd like to see, in the case when all the classic stuff are available to run with no modifications. Otherwise, I'm sitting back to my already available classic configs.