English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 June 2014, 19:11   #121
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I am almost sure that blazewcp was downloaded from Aminet. Anyway, this is faus paix
Old 15 June 2014, 20:36   #122
martinkuchinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrobert View Post
I had the same problem as dlfrsilver to unpack the 'prefs' file from ChaosGunsDemo.lha, it is corrupt somehow.

Also, the included 'blazewcp' support file has the 'HappyNewYear 96' virus (checked with VirusZ).

Other than that the game was dead slow as expected on A1200 with ACA-1232 (68030 @ 33MHz), what language is it written in?

The game looks great, so I hope you manage to optimize it further.
Well, it's written in my own PowerD language (www.kuchinka.cz/powerd), but in testing environment it was about 5-10x faster under 030/50, i suppose, it's probably the badly written enemy control, as in testing evnironment, there was only about 15 enemies at once, while in the final demo there is... a lot more anyway, it will definetaly run much faster, then it runs now, there is still a lot to do

Old 15 June 2014, 22:03   #123
martinkuchinka

We are very sorry about the virus danger, the LHA archive is fixed now, ZIP archive has been deleted. Hope this won't happen again... anyway, the HNY96, is damn good piece of virus :P

Martin.

Quote:
Hehe. Yes, maybe the virus slowed it down also.

If anyone need help removing it I found some good info here:

http://www.teyko.com/View.aspx?id=393&name=HNY96

The KillHappy removal tool also flagged blazewcp:

http://aminet.net/package/util/virus/killhappy

Old 16 June 2014, 00:14   #124
davesade
marquis

Oh my god, when we were talking about reviving true Amiga spirit, we definitely didn't meant this! Many apologies!
Old 16 June 2014, 09:07   #125
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinkuchinka View Post
Well, it's written in my own PowerD language (www.kuchinka.cz/powerd), but in testing environment it was about 5-10x faster under 030/50, i suppose, it's probably the badly written enemy control, as in testing evnironment, there was only about 15 enemies at once, while in the final demo there is... a lot more anyway, it will definetaly run much faster, then it runs now, there is still a lot to do
Quick glance, looks like an interesting language. If needed, when development and feature creep settles, you could always do the time critical parts in assembler and link them in specifically for 68k (#ifdef 68k?). Plenty of that knowledge to tap in the awesome Coders. Asm / Hardware forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesade View Post
Oh my god, when we were talking about reviving true Amiga spirit, we definitely didn't meant this! Many apologies!
No worries, it's part of the Amiga legacy. Hehe.
Old 16 June 2014, 10:26   #126
martinkuchinka

Quote:
Quick glance, looks like an interesting language. If needed, when development and feature creep settles, you could always do the time critical parts in assembler and link them in specifically for 68k (#ifdef 68k?). Plenty of that knowledge to tap in the awesome Coders. Asm / Hardware forum.
Well, PowerD supports inline assembler, and main rendering parts are written in assembler. Length of the source code is over 300 kb, and over 10000 lines, but rendering itself isn't the biggest issue here... Unfortunately, with development of the game, the PowerD development itself stagnates for about a year. With new PowerD changes, also the engine should become faster and faster

Old 19 June 2014, 01:56   #127
vitux
Banned

Why the character can not walk during shooting the gun?
I do not like this idea.
Old 19 June 2014, 02:16   #128
s2325
Zone Friend

Game have some negative comments on ppa.pl but I can not judge.
Old 19 June 2014, 08:36   #129
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Yup, but some are positive, which is... positive Thank you mailman for your comments there.
Old 20 June 2014, 12:54   #130
davesade
marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
Why the character can not walk during shooting the gun?
I do not like this idea.
It is similar concept to Hired Guns or Resident Evil if you wish, to create survival horror element. However, some characters will have ability to shoot while walking (hold direction on your joystick, then press and hold FIRE) - but not in this demo.
Old 20 June 2014, 13:21   #131
vitux
Banned

It looks very good.
I just wanted the character to walk while firing.

Understood, thanks.
Old 06 July 2014, 22:33   #132
vitux
Banned

Thanks for the second new demo
Old 18 July 2014, 08:31   #133
davesade
marquis

I got some sad news guys... MarK, our main and only coder, decided to leave our team. Project is not cancelled, only development has suddenly new direction. We are looking for new coder, we will appreciate any help on this matter. More details here:
http://www.chaosguns.com/2014/07/wev...-way-baby.html
Old 18 July 2014, 11:17   #134
tolkien
AmigaMan

Very sad news. I hope you find a talented guy to continue the project. Good luck mate.
Old 18 July 2014, 16:02   #135
Gzegzolka

That's some sad news, I hope You will find someone to help in work. I have played v2 demo, it need some tweaking, but I'm sure You are on good way.
Old 18 July 2014, 18:13   #136
vitux
Banned

The same thing always happens, someone starts a project to work with a will and then decides to leave because this wasting years of his life.
Old 18 July 2014, 18:54   #137
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
The same thing always happens, someone starts a project to work with a will and then decides to leave because this wasting years of his life.
Some people just don't want to be stuck in the past anymore Sounds like a load of bull to me.
Old 18 July 2014, 19:00   #138
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Actually, I think this time it's family obligations. Similar to what I'd have if I was the sole coder.
Old 19 July 2014, 08:06   #139
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

MarK did an amazing work and invested a huge amount of time helping us with the project but unfortunately life is not always easy.
Family and real life issues will always have priority over hobbies and that's something we have to bare with...

Still, the project is far from being canceled and we're currently exploring our options. Even without an immediate amiga coder in sight, development is on-going. Truth is that the game IS finishable even with this current unoptimised engine that MarK left.
But we'd like to see if we can find a new coder first, before deciding towards what direction we will move.
As I said, all options are on the table...and the trip continues