English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 March 2004, 16:16   #61
DaZZaBoY

Quote:
Originally posted by khephren
My prerogative as administrator I'm afraid, you didn't read the small print
Damn! That's it, I'm making a call to the GV legal team!

D

Old 07 March 2004, 17:11   #62
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Galahad: Music in which format is that you need?
Preferably Protracker, so that all Amiga owners can hear it, I think if we start going down the Digibooster/MP3 road, then that severely impacts who can and cant view it. Grapevine in my understanding is more about its topical content than how amazing the music is.

As for the Dark Demo/slideshow, again, Protracker preferred unless of course you have something in another format that is an absolute must.

The slideshow so far will run comfortably on a basic A12oo o2o on hard drive without fast ram, and thats the way I'd like to keep it, as its about Darks graphics more than my coding or the music.
Old 07 March 2004, 19:16   #63
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
I think if we start going down the Digibooster/MP3 road, then that severely impacts who can and cant view it.
I was thinking something along the lines of Musicline actually. My offer was for the slideshow
How about AHX? That's easy on the processor. If it doens't work for you that's OK, but I got so unused to protracker that it's scary
Old 07 March 2004, 19:20   #64
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

What about the Scream/Fast-tracker stuff? Everyone can play those just using HippoPlayer or something, and as long as they aren't 64 channels or something, it shoudln't be a problem.
Old 12 March 2004, 15:12   #65
DaZZaBoY

Ok boys,

Now then... we are hopefully going to be releasing Grapevine.net issue#1 in roughly 3 weeks time, so if anyone wishes to contribute any articles to the cause - please do!

Your thoughts on the whole revival idea perhaps?

Send articles on ANY subject to either myself or Kephren (Zildjian). Contact details are also on the promo site http://www.gv.caub.net

If we are going to make it the UK's finest production once more - we need your support!!

l8r

: DaZZaBoY :

Old 17 March 2004, 14:27   #66
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

re: Musicline/AHX

Either is fine, not too much of a resource hog. IF you have any mods I can hear then send them to my email at galahadfairlight@yahoo.co.uk

IF they play in WinAMP with the Oldskool player that would be cool so I can hear them straight away, but no matter. Once the music is sorted, then all that needs doing is the frontend and its to all intents and purposes done.

Might even consider releasing it as an EAB project subject to relevant graphics
Old 17 March 2004, 17:18   #67
Amiga1992

AHX is the less resource intensive of the two so I might use that. You need the THX plugin for Winamp to listen to it, I can send it no probs (or use Deliplayer PC)

I'll email you, I'd like to know what's tthe mood of the pics yer gonna put, I don't want to go wacko on it when it should be a relaxed thing
Old 18 March 2004, 15:39   #68
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

It would be virtually impossible to produce a tune that 'fits', because Dark is a rather clever lad who has about 5 different graphics styles and all the pictures are very very varied.

A major piece for the slideshow, another for the intro section, and maybe one for the credits, or I could just combine the intro and credits together.

I dont have a decent AHX replayer, I used to have a THX replayer, but I think AHX has changed enough that it might be 100% compatible anymore.
Old 18 March 2004, 22:34   #69
Amiga1992

I'll dig around, I think AHX came with teh replayer code. if it's a mess I'll use THX, no probs. I have it saved no problems. I thikn they are quite similar enough, at least I havent noticed a difference (dunno what's going on "down the hood")

I'll give it a try and show you the results.
Old 03 April 2004, 19:01   #70
Bloodwych

Just been reading through Grapevine issue one that's been posted in the news.

Bloodwych review is a nice touch - short, not very detailed, but nice to see none-the-less.

I particularly like this article. Would make a good discussion on EAB, although most points seemed to have been covered.

Great work!
Old 03 April 2004, 20:03   #71
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

http://www.ellesdee.org/ish1/index.php?view=art&id=40

When you get infected with 101 viruses through obvious exploits and you come running back for help, I'll be the one stood by the buffet laughing at you.
Old 03 April 2004, 21:10   #72
Bloodwych

I missed that enverex - must admit that article is a bit childish and shouldn't have been part of the grapevine release.
Old 15 April 2004, 14:10   #73
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Grapevine - Amiga

Right, this weekend, I intend to sort out the framework for Grapevine on the Amiga, I will endeavour to sort out the whole system.

What I intend to do is do a quick beta version, people on EAB can test it on their various setups to ensure compatibility, though to be honest with my programming experience, I really am not expecting any conflicts, but you never know!

It would be good to get some Beta music in there of some sorts, just so that we know it all runs fine, doesn't have to be the final tune or anything, but anything is better than nothing.

Other than the front screen and the Grapevine logo, I see no reason for Grapevine to be AGA only, so I will do a check for OCS/ECS/AGA and display the relevant title screens, with possibly slightly fancier front end for AGA machines, but other than that they remain the same.

It will use AmigaDOS for all loading/saving so will therefore be hard drive installable.

I intend to get the beta ready (hopefully) by the end of the weekend, where it will be upped into the zone as an archive of an ADF image, so even you WinUAE fanz can test it.

Once we are all happy, I'll chuck all the articles in there, and we can release it, and then catch up with the Web version so that the Amiga version is either released at the same time, or as near to it as possible.

Thoughts and comments please
Old 15 April 2004, 16:27   #74
Bloodwych

Sounds like great news Galahad. I know that most people’s complaints about the online version will be addressed by doing an Amiga port. I'm sure we can all pull together and help out if need be and I'm certainly interested to witness the results.

I'm embarrassed to say it, but I've never even seen an original Grapevine amiga release. Time to do some catching up me thinks!

Better leave out the PHP article, unless as Dazzaboy says controversy is good.
Old 21 April 2004, 22:31   #75
DaZZaBoY

Hey Galahad/Blood,

Galahad:

Ok, so I take it from your last post you are willing to pool our Grapevine resources together and we can maybe come to some agreement about merging our combined projects in to one chunk (so to speak). This is good! When I first saw your intentions of creating an Amiga .exe version of GV I thought you were going your own way. As our web based version is very much ALIVE and being recognised, it makes sense to get together 'cos as you prob know, we are currently WORK IN PROGRESS with the PC .exe version BUT we are missing the Amiga development side of things. If you want to discuss future plans with the Grapevine.net team plz drop into our main site www.ellesdee.org and join our forum & we can discuss it further.

Blood:

Yeah.. the PHP blocking article is still causing ripples on various forums but I'm still glad we included it in the mag due to all the
commotion its caused, plus it's got the whole project recognised that little bit more. Granted, some say it's recognition for the wrong reasons but I stick to my point of 'Controversy Causes Readership'

Feel free to drop into our forum anytime...

Cheers,

DaZZaBoY

Old 21 April 2004, 23:01   #76
Bloodwych

Well dazzaboy, people are highly motivated to air their views when they've got strong differing opinions. It's just a shame if that one article overshadows other parts of the release, which for the most part I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Thanks for the invite - I actually had a quick look in the forums on my first visit. I might drop by again for a post or two.
Old 22 April 2004, 08:08   #77
DaZZaBoY

Floppy disk

Ok Blood,

Cheers for the comments & glad u you enjoyed our launch issue.

Don't panic! When I say I don't mind controversy, I did't mean we were gonna purposfully make every issue like that. LOL

Even tho we've had various other complaints that there isnt enough scene content etc.. we still want to stick with the diversity of articles that the original GV had and if guys want to see more scene talk, they need to submit some.

Thanks.