English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 July 2005, 12:31   #1
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Angry Ramble, Rant and E bay p*ssed me off!!!

Sorry guys i was touring ebay for nostalgic memories and then ... KAPAM!!!! Ass*oles ripping peeps off... Soooo this is my rambling bit of the day...

(*the bit where i moan and whinge like a married woman*)

too much coffee or not enough... i will let you be the judge...

A1200 with 3.1 roms.... want £110 buy now huh....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...205861613&rd=1
like the deal.... this guy can blow me (robbing honest Amigans Grrr!!!!).
OoOoOOoo RARE loook... (my ass!!!)
-----------------------------------
Console!!!! F*cking CONSOLE!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206547439&rd=1

if the seller and i meet up... he is SOOooooooooo Alt+Ctrl and Deleted!!!!!!
call my miggy a fecking games console!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrr

And this dude/dudette uses his computers to create a garden rockery..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
yeah i wanna buy 'em... tell me was that grass freshly cut????????
i would like to point out i ma pretty handy with water transfers too
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206036761&rd=1
uhuh... yep there rare alright... only 2 people in the world would want them
but thats them CD32's for you... as for the pens well....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206785449&rd=1
Sooo thats where it got too... i was looking for that..........
I wonder if pen tops goto ebay too... (maybe i shouldn`t ask)

and the last one of the bunch (coz i couldn`t be bothered to click next anymore )
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206342968&rd=1
and after you read the descripto--- remember... illegal emulators are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
l8rs Z
(Moaning 99% complete @11:33am)
Old 26 July 2005, 12:43   #2
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Amiga 1200 for £110. He must be joking. Have you noticed that the same person who is selling the A1200 put a bid on the other one. He a total rip-off merchant.
Old 26 July 2005, 12:44   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

it was this combined reason that totaly boiled my blood lol

guys is a total ass hole... its a bad thing i would have to buy something of him just to flame him on e-bay.... but i tell ya... i am thinking about it LOL
Old 26 July 2005, 13:29   #4
lopos2000
Zone Friend

And the one he is selling for £120 he has bought it for £38.01. See link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5204947139
What an ar....hole!!
Old 26 July 2005, 18:01   #5
Shrub

You can always flood him with fake bids. All you need is another eBay account with fake details
Old 26 July 2005, 20:36   #6
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

The real thieves are eBay themselves. Have you heard that they will soon be forcing people who accept payment via Pay Pal to upgrade to a business account? That goes for everyone whether you're selling 1000 items a day or 1 item every couple of months. They're getting far too greedy for their own good. I wish everyone would boycott them.
Old 26 July 2005, 20:40   #7
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha
The real thieves are eBay themselves. Have you heard that they will soon be forcing people who accept payment via Pay Pal to upgrade to a business account? That goes for everyone whether you're selling 1000 items a day or 1 item every couple of months. They're getting far too greedy for their own good. I wish everyone would boycott them.
Most of eBay is based on greed. People sell music bootlegs and there's no enforcement.
Old 27 July 2005, 01:46   #8
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

tis indeed a sad state of affairs me thinks....
Old 27 July 2005, 01:52   #9
Shrub

eBay expects it's users to enforce the rules by grassing people up. Some of them are really miserable buggers though. One person grassed me up for posting a link in a forum asking if the auction was genuine or not. "It's against the rules to post links to auctions you're not currently bidding on".

The sad thing is there isn't really a good alternative to eBay, not as far as I know anyway, and I've managed to pick up some cheap computer hardware from there.

BTW. I'm selling links to a site telling you how to get a free iPod. Interested?
Old 27 July 2005, 02:32   #10
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

Ebay Australia got some negative publicity recently...

A local music festival ("Splendour in the Grass" for those who've heard of it) sold out in a couple of days (just hours for the full weekend passes!)
Then the tickets started appearing on Ebay Au in large numbers.
The festival organisers asked ebay to remove the auctions.
Their response was, "it's not illegal, and if it contravenes the ticket conditions (which it did) then it's the seller's responsibility not ours."

The national youth radio station (Triple J) ran a story on it, & the next day the auctions were all closing at around $5000, being won by users with names like "i hate scalpers"...
Old 27 July 2005, 11:25   #11
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
and the last one of the bunch (coz i couldn`t be bothered to click next anymore )
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206342968&rd=1
and after you read the descripto--- remember... illegal emulators are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
l8rs Z
(Moaning 99% complete @11:33am)
Has been removed from eBay. He was selling AmigaSys 2.0. I complained and eBay removed it. Sometime complaining to eBay works.
Old 27 July 2005, 18:46   #12
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Well Played that lopos2000!!!!!

The sicofant deserves to burn in hell or read jeffery SMarchers memiors *which ever come first*!!!!!!!!!

nice to see a lil action from the ebay-mega-corp you dont see that every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l8rs Z.
Old 28 July 2005, 23:14   #13
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000
Has been removed from eBay. He was selling AmigaSys 2.0. I complained and eBay removed it. Sometime complaining to eBay works.
They seem to enforce software more than music. However, that seller will most likely be back on another auction.
Old 29 July 2005, 23:43   #14
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Talking about someone who makes profit out of selling Amiga equipment. There's is someone on this community who does exactly that. Martin-Flash. He's buying it cheap in Poland and than he tries to sell it on EAB.
The latest thing is 'SX1+CD32+HD 2,5" 120MB+mouse+pad' he bought for £28 on allegro.pl which he trying to sell here for £110.
That what I call taking liberty.
What's your opinion on this? In my opinion he's taking the piss.
Old 30 July 2005, 01:50   #15
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I hear ya lopos2000, (well read/ya!)

the idea of any forum / bbs system is assist and nurture a community and NOT to PROFIT from it..

some what reminisent of a wolf in sheeps clothing... find a click and expliot it... hmmm companys have been doing that for years but it hurts more when "one of your own" does it to you...

truth is though an item is only worth what another is willing to pay.... so while there are those that are either lazy or dont care there will be those catering *making a profit by juicing up the prices* as its going to happen anywhere it not a worry ...

BUT it really *and i mean REALLY* pisses me off when they profit from the miss-informed or the partially knowledgable!!!!!!! (taking people for a ride basicly)

It Sux when the primary reason to be in a community is to exploit it, hmmm where does that leave one for membership...????

(but heres a thought)

If i was at a High end golf club and i tried to SCAM another member.... i would probly have my membership removed and my name banned and or listed and or in the very least FINED.

If i was in classic car club and tried to scam other members i would be ousted from the club and branded and probly not be able to trade under my name for quiet some time....

If i was at my LAN club and cheated at everygame... i would be BANNED!!!!!!

someone trying to scam this EAB community.... should really consider where they stand...

I feel for toooo long the amigan community as a whole has kinda just taken it lying down... from commodore, amiga inc (grr say i) but more so from companys and sole peoples thinking that they can charge 24ct gold prices for tinfoil product...

these types of people demean the communitys most beautiful things that have been created like Aminet, HOL, Amigan communitys...

sigh........ better stop now... but i tell you fellow Amigans... come the revolution!!!!!!
Old 30 July 2005, 12:12   #16
Shrub

Thanks for the heads up on Allegro, Lopos. I can't believe how cheap Amiga stuff is on there. Is the Amiga still a popular computer in Poland then?

Acutally, looking through it there doesn't seem to be any expansion cards, just stock A1200s and 500s which I guess are cheap anywhere - at least at carboot sales.

Last edited by Shrub; 30 July 2005 at 12:22.
Old 30 July 2005, 13:18   #17
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys Shrub, try this m8y

http://www.efunzine.com/efnz.php?

you will need the folling as help though if you dont speak polish

http://www.poltran.com

and last but not least...

how much is £10 >? well about 57.9 zt

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

*That Zorro IV PCI mediator board..... tempting... so very tempting £67!!*
Old 30 July 2005, 19:24   #18
Shrub

Amazing prices. A scan doubler for £35, and an A1200 Apollo 60@66 for £100. Does efunzine deliver globally, or just in Poland? And is there any tax/tax problems involved in importing from there?

I think I'm going to go for the Blizzard 68060 if it's easy and safe enough to buy from there. I just hope my A500 power pack and support it.

Last edited by Shrub; 01 August 2005 at 23:54.
Old 03 August 2005, 01:57   #19
Shrub

Should I buy an 060 card from there, I'd feel morally inclined to sell my 030 card for a reasonable price of £30-40 with RAM, but, who's to stop the person I sell it too from dumping it on eBay and making a profit out of it?

If that site and others like it are made aware to the entire Amiga community it'll stop people overcharging (to a degree), but, it's going to affect those people trying to sell the hardware they bought at a "normal" price and not the super-cheap price, yeah?
Old 06 August 2005, 13:58   #20
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Thoughts on the markets:

hmmm, well an inflated price, at the end of the day my friend, is an inflated pice... sure i am imagining *some traders* but remember as a trader they would buy them at *normal* prices only to turn round and charge scandalious prices... so a big F in the A to them... *please see www.amigakit.co.uk* and stop taking the price piss please traders!!!!!

*thinking of making a parser board so one can use a PC floppy as an amiga floppy simular to and a 10th the cost of Catweasle (wich if i remember use to only cost £30)

Thoughts of Moral Obligations:

moral obligations...yes we have them .... well remember what ever you sell is only worth what some one else is willing to pay for it... hence

say my A1260 card had a serial number of 001 somewhere or rather... its still an 060..
brand new at the time was £315 todays market would deam it arround 200 with 64MB ram.... most wouldnt care the 001 serial .. but one person out there might.... and offer a -you cannot refuse- stupidly high sum, this inturn = subtle price inflace across the board.

so buy at the price you want and sell at a price that is fair... one can ask no more of you than that, what every they do is upto them to sleep at night... share ones fortune (be that knowledge of good prices) within the community both here and where you are.

You know I would find the most needest of places (friends/family) that needed an Amiga upgrade before i sold on Amiga hardware (think i have sold on twice)

Thuoghts on the PPC

hmmm PPC amiga... yeah nice thought... i just dont think for me it is truly needed for the amiga experience since i have serveral FAST PC's for the native software to run on... hence why an 060@66mhz is Awsome... (except the 100mhz) the 060 is a pincicle of motorolas 68k achievement and warms me just thinking aobut it... the 68k series process is the only one worthy of a hug.. PC chips... cheap nasty brute force with only a modicume of finess that is some what limmited for thier age!!!! BLAME IBM!!!!!!!!!! they had the choice for the first PC CPU's 68000 or 086 ..... and yep they went for the cheapest one!!!!!! (not that much cheaper btw!!!!)

ahhh all history now....

anyway sorry about that..

l8rs Z.