English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 November 2003, 15:15   #1
Burt0n

Speedball2 :(

Hi,

I'm trying to get my copy of Speedball2 to run under WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 9. The game loads up fine, i select practice and the the normal display appears (i.e. team lined up) for a second and then nothing. Screen goes black.

Is this a compatibility problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Old 21 November 2003, 17:54   #2
abelthorne

Your adf may be corrupted or something like that : mine seems to be fine (at least I can play a game, though I didn't play for long). It's a version cracked by Crystal.

I can upload it to the zone or send it via email (if so, give me your email in private message) if you need it.
Old 06 December 2003, 20:05   #3
hardtofin

hi there, i just got WinUAE my self. Ive got all of my old games working except speedball2. I have the same problem as the guy in this thread reported. menu screens work fine, but when i go to actually play a game, it just resets WinUAE.

Old 07 December 2003, 00:49   #4
Asterix

Send a message via ICQ to Asterix
what settings do you use for winuae?

as far as i remember it works correctly with the following settings: 512k chip, 512k slow mem, kick 1.3, 68000 cpu (more compatible), match a500 speed, ecs agnus, fast copper, full collision level, sound 100% emulated, 1 floppy at standard speed... (hope i didnt forget a setting )
Old 07 December 2003, 12:23   #5
hardtofin

Quote:
Originally posted by Asterix
what settings do you use for winuae?

as far as i remember it works correctly with the following settings: 512k chip, 512k slow mem, kick 1.3, 68000 cpu (more compatible), match a500 speed, ecs agnus, fast copper, full collision level, sound 100% emulated, 1 floppy at standard speed... (hope i didnt forget a setting )
WOW!!!! thanks man, you made it work........super nashwan watchout!! i cant thank you enough man. also thanks to abelthorne for sending me his version cos im using that too. again i cant thankyou enough guys.........thankyou its my fave game of all time!!