English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 August 2008, 05:11   #21
Smecty

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I really think it's about the config, since KG's version worked for both Retro and me. But hey it's working for Smecty so we can all now live happily ever after
Yep, Smecty is indeed happy, and you were right, it was a config issue. What I discovered is that - at least on my PC - the game wouldn't start without that 32 megs of Z fast ram (whatever that is), no matter what CPU I was emulating. Initially I tried dlfrsilver's suggested setup (A3000), but then tried it with an A1200 and even an A500. All of them worked if I used the 32 megs of Z fast ram; none of them worked if I didn't (though the A500 was s-l-o-w). So that seemed to be the config aspect that I was overlooking.

Now, I wouldn't want you guys not to go on living happily ever after , so here's another question for your collective wisdom: how does one change the keyboard setup in the Input settings such that instead of using the default Numpad 4-8-6-2 keys for left-up-right-down, you instead use the arrow keys to control the cursor (this is for controlling your car and character).

I tried changing the default keyboard settings to use the arrow keys, and made sure that the numpad keys were set to nil so there would be no conflict, but the game refused to recognize either set of keys when I did that. Just to be clear, I set the [C8] Up setting to Numpad 8 (0x3E), [CB] Left to (0x2D), etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Again, many thanks from Smecty
Old 13 August 2008, 11:48   #22
haynor666
retro maniac

Installer is quite old, maybe someone will continue Mr. Larmer work to make it more compatible with WinUAE.
Old 13 August 2008, 13:39   #23
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
there is no compatibility problem. If you have some, just use the right parameters.