English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 17 November 2022, 10:28   #41
Flash951

Great! TVP 2.0 egs and TVP jr. EGS now works as well.
Old 17 November 2022, 10:52   #42
roondar

Just to give my appreciation here: this is a great idea
Sure, it'll never even get close to FPU speeds, but at least it allows programs to run. Great stuff
Old 17 November 2022, 13:28   #43
Flash951

Great for programs that require FPU, but don't use it heavily.TVPaint and in Screensaver for EGS runs fast.
Old 17 November 2022, 22:13   #44
Thomas Richter

A new version attached. This version fixes the fmove control registers with an empty register list which now moves the fpiar. Also, I apparently forgot to include emulation of the 68040 instructions fsmove and fdmove. All other 68040 FPU related extensions were included, except these two.
Attached Files
File Type: lha SoftIEEE.lha (51.2 KB, 69 views)
Old 18 November 2022, 18:25   #45
Thomas Richter

This is today's update. Peter reported another defect, which is that fmove mem to register did not set condition codes correctly. The code called the function to generate the condition codes, but it tested on the source, not the target. However, the source is not necessarily in extended precision, then creating bogus results.

The thing enters slowly the "usable" stage, so may I kindly ask for another round of testing?
Attached Files
File Type: lha SoftIEEE.lha (51.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 18 November 2022, 18:39   #46
Marce
Banned

does this program allow intensive fpu games as quake and duke nukem to work without fpu?
Old 18 November 2022, 18:48   #47
Thomas Richter

It depends on what you call "work". They will probably be operational, but too slow to provide you with a satisfying game play. Actually, I haven't tried, but I doubt its useful for this purpose. Implementing all the numerical operations in software is necessarily slow.
Old 18 November 2022, 19:06   #48
Marce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
It depends on what you call "work". They will probably be operational, but too slow to provide you with a satisfying game play. Actually, I haven't tried, but I doubt its useful for this purpose. Implementing all the numerical operations in software is necessarily slow.
ok but what about simple mail ?, still not works, I do not think this one will be slow

in aminet there also some fpu proggies and fpu libraries to test

http://aminet.net/search?query=fpu
Old 18 November 2022, 19:28   #49
Thomas Richter

As always, I cannot read your mind nor the memory of your computer system over the internet. (-; Please provide detailed instructions for reproduction. Also, please understand that I do not have the capacity to test everything myself. This is exactly why I'm asking for help.

Last edited by Thomas Richter; 18 November 2022 at 20:39.
Old 19 November 2022, 01:05   #50
Marce
Banned

if u are too lazy to download and test the program simple mail which is one of the few programs that requires fpu on the Amiga then you are not ready to make this program

so I lost interest in this crap, goodbye
Old 19 November 2022, 08:30   #51
kriz

You are the lazy one Marce!
Old 19 November 2022, 09:15   #52
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce View Post
if u are too lazy to download and test the program simple mail which is one of the few programs that requires fpu on the Amiga then you are not ready to make this program

What makes you think that I haven't done that already? The program works here quite nicely, so the issue is not so easy to reproduce, and it is probably some external component causing the trouble. As always, "Segtracker and MuForce output please."

Just to let you know: You're getting here a program, apparently requested by at least a couple of people, completely free of charge, plus services. The only way how you need to "pay for" is to make a couple of tests to improve it, and provide sufficient information for me to reproduce the issue. Strangely, others have provided feedback, and helped improving (see TVPaint, which was perfect input with a one-day turnaround for bug fixing, try to get that from a professional vendor!).

If even that is too much, and all I get back from users is "it is crap", how much, do you think, I might be interested in providing an otherwise completely free service to you?

Yes, Amiga "community" is really special. A community lives from "give and take", but if you only want to "take", I'm not willing to give anymore at some point.
Old 19 November 2022, 09:27   #53
TuKo
Apollo Team

Quote:

This is so disrespectful.
Old 19 November 2022, 10:58   #54
Marce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
What makes you think that I haven't done that already? The program works here quite nicely, so the issue is not so easy to reproduce, and it is probably some external component causing the trouble. As always, "Segtracker and MuForce output please."

Just to let you know: You're getting here a program, apparently requested by at least a couple of people, completely free of charge, plus services. The only way how you need to "pay for" is to make a couple of tests to improve it, and provide sufficient information for me to reproduce the issue. Strangely, others have provided feedback, and helped improving (see TVPaint, which was perfect input with a one-day turnaround for bug fixing, try to get that from a professional vendor!).

If even that is too much, and all I get back from users is "it is crap", how much, do you think, I might be interested in providing an otherwise completely free service to you?

Yes, Amiga "community" is really special. A community lives from "give and take", but if you only want to "take", I'm not willing to give anymore at some point.
you do not tested simple mail because it does not work

also I asked " can anyone confirm that simple mail works on a real amiga ?"
you were to lazy to reply to me this question
so
do u think u are a coder and you are in the category of a celebrity?

ok then continue believing u are in such imaginary category with your bootlicker Tuko
Old 19 November 2022, 11:15   #55
a/b

ffs man, cool down... You know what program exactly, you know what and how it doesn't work, yet all you say is "program not work, fix!". You have more info at your hands yet you chose not to provide it and make assumptions instead.
Gotta love those "does not work! /end" bug reports.
Did you try turning it on? /sarcasm
Old 19 November 2022, 11:20   #56
Thomas Richter

Quote:
you do not tested simple mail because it does not work
No. I tested it yesterday because I haven't had time to do it before - guess what, my time is limited - and it works. Now what? Apparently, I'm missing something.
Quote:
you were to lazy to reply to me this question
No, I'm busy preparing updates for those that do help to move things foreward. The day has only 24 hours. I believe you owe me a bit of patience, and a bit of respect. Do you really believe your insults are helpful to motivate the small group of people that actually still provide software for your hobby?
Old 19 November 2022, 12:06   #57
Marce
Banned

you are the one too lazy you were and the first one who responds disinterestedly
even Toni states u that u are not listened to him, when I replied that I was using winuae to test

you tested simple mail yesterday ? the 1st program you have to be tested is simple mail

why ? because is the best Amiga mailer and is the only useful program which requires FPU

so if you didn't know this is , because you are newbie and not ready to make this program
Old 19 November 2022, 12:54   #58
tolkien
AmigaMan

Someone calling lazy to Thomas...see to believe.
Old 19 November 2022, 13:30   #59
CCRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkien View Post
Someone calling lazy to Thomas...see to believe.
Indeed.

Seems a permaban is long overdue.
Old 19 November 2022, 13:35   #60
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
Seems a permaban is long overdue.
Marce has trolled other threads before. Seems like not enough people are reporting him (or it's now okay to troll here...).