English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 April 2013, 19:49   #21
DH
Global Moderator

I would imagine all those level codes are the save points you would normally use in game, except as you mentioned, they'll probably be for someone else's progression. However, at least it's a start in finding out what comes next etc, which was the whole reason I posted the link I didn't post it so you could cheat
Old 26 April 2013, 23:34   #22
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
TA is one of my favourite games... Really like the design

what is the hardest out of all the 2d ABs?
If I didn't make myself too clear earlier, it's definitely Tower Assault imo.
Old 27 April 2013, 02:48   #23
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
If I didn't make myself too clear earlier, it's definitely Tower Assault imo.
As far as I can see you have referenced AB2/TA in above threads... I am also considering AB/ABSE92 (although IMHO surely the easiest) into the equation

And this is an open question to everyone
Old 28 April 2013, 20:04   #24
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Hi.
I've started a new game of TA. Last time i played it was in 1997, and i have been very impressed by this brilliant game. I have never been able to pass the second level of the main tower though, this game was too hard for me by that time.
Now i am back to get to the end.
Do you know at which points of the game there is a save code?
I got a code at the entrance of the first engineering level but it would be cool to now where to get the next one to planify my route.
Level codes are scattered around only in a few levels. You will get them on the briefing screen when entering onto the level. As far as I remember the level codes given on HOL are the ones officially provided by the game. There are no many areas in which you get them. But these level codes can be easily modified in order to start from any area you want. If you can handle Polish language, I would like to recommend you my "help guide" to this amazing game. Here you may find a description of each level and level code to access it. Beneath you may find other level codes and many different routes to complete the game (with difficulty level description). I have also created a tool in which you can modify your level code (but this is some sort of a cheat).
Old 05 March 2016, 21:28   #25
belga

Hello,

I did not know this game, I love.
I try to find the secret rooms. It is said that there is one in the store level 4 near the letter V. But I do not find.
Do you know where is the secret passage to store 4?

Thanks

Old 05 March 2016, 23:55   #26
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga View Post
Hello,

I did not know this game, I love.
I try to find the secret rooms. It is said that there is one in the store level 4 near the letter V. But I do not find.
Do you know where is the secret passage to store 4?

Thanks
First you need to complete the objective of the level and then make your way to Corridor 8 or through the vault to Security Zone 4. The vault can be found near letter V engraved on the floor.
Old 06 March 2016, 00:36   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
The cheat mode only work on the release v1.1 of Tower Assault. It has to be noted that some files are empty, leading to not working levels.

This should be sorted one day if possible with the original source files (need to ask to Martyn Brown).
Old 25 March 2016, 15:17   #28
belga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
The vault can be found near letter V engraved on the floor.
Hi,

I tried 22 times to find the exit, impossible .
I see nothing near letter V engraved on the floor.

From letter V when going to way to Corridor 8 there is a narrow way (it seems that some part of the road is destroyed).

Old 17 June 2016, 09:43   #29
haynor666
retro maniac

Thanks for tutorial mailman. I'm going to pass this part once again, this time from start to finish without passwords

BTW. Anybody knows differences between 1.0 and 1.1 version? My disks are 1.0 but since 1.1 is supported in whdload install I would like try version 1.1.
Old 17 June 2016, 14:05   #30
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

you can download it, it's available. The v1.1 has a built-in cheat mode.
Old 14 January 2017, 12:01   #31
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
The cheat mode only work on the release v1.1 of Tower Assault. It has to be noted that some files are empty, leading to not working levels.

This should be sorted one day if possible with the original source files (need to ask to Martyn Brown).

Is it known which files these are?

Perhaps substitute files could be created and/or has it been checked whether files from the PC version might work?
Old 14 January 2017, 16:03   #32
ancalimon
Supernormal

I love Alien Breed games. But I could not play further after playing a few timed levels because they made me extremely anxious.
Old 14 January 2017, 18:44   #33
Cherno

You better not try the spiritual successor Alien Swarm, then
Old 16 January 2017, 15:13   #34
Total Eclipse

49p on GOG at the moment https://www.gog.com/game/alien_breed_tower_assault
Old 16 January 2017, 17:48   #35
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Never actually completed any AB game on my own, but my mate and I did complete AB, AB2 and ABTA. I really enjoyed TA - possibly more than the others. I keep going back to them - and getting my arse kicked!

But they are the brilliantest of games!
Old 16 January 2017, 20:28   #36
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Alien Breed 2 has one of the most frustrating stories of my gamer life ever.

I used to play it with a friend, we spend several weeks playing... we were on the same classroom, we would leave school, he would come to my place and start the game session.

We played it for several weeks, learning each map, so we wouldn't mess the countdown sections. We begun to get really good at it

And several weeks playing it (I think it tooks us like about 3 months), we finally reached the Military building. We were really excited. The game asks for disk 3, I insert disk 3 eagerly waiting what would come..... and then the game asks for disk 3 again.

Disk 3 just doesn't load. It looks like my Disk 3 was either damaged or not even properly copied at all (Yeah, cracked version like all my Amiga games here). My friend took a while to understand what was happening ("what? How is the game not working?")

That afternoon was really frustating to me.

I really want to finish it properly someday, but the thought of relearning all the game (and all by myself now) is kinda scary
Old 18 January 2017, 08:14   #37
Anakirob
Unregistered User

I recall Amiga Power gave a pretty accurate assessment of the gameplay, radioactive rooms would have to be one of the most retarded ideas ever, they could have at least included some kind of collectable radiation suit in the game.
Old 26 January 2017, 23:00   #38
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

First thing i try and do is use Action Replace to to prevent 'Keys' from disappearing.... Its a bloody hard game without the cheats :P
Old 27 January 2017, 22:15   #39
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
I recall Amiga Power gave a pretty accurate assessment of the gameplay, radioactive rooms would have to be one of the most retarded ideas ever, they could have at least included some kind of collectable radiation suit in the game.
The radiation rooms are made to make you run and pick quickly the items or bonus without stopping to buy out flowers on the way and drink a coffee.

Amiga Power rated nonsensely this game. They gave it 47%. Completely and utterly stupid. I can't voice it harder than that.
Old 28 January 2017, 04:03   #40
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
The radiation rooms are made to make you run and pick quickly the items or bonus without stopping to buy out flowers on the way and drink a coffee.

Amiga Power rated nonsensely this game. They gave it 47%. Completely and utterly stupid. I can't voice it harder than that.
Then I must also be completely and utterly stupid, as my assessment of the game would probably be around the same level as the AP review. In my personal scale a score below 50% (or 5/10 as I would use) means I did not have any fun playing it, and that would be an accurate evaluation from my perspective.

Anything I might have to say about the game itself has been pretty well covered in that review also. And it was not just the radiation rooms that made this game suck, it was just one of many gameplay issues.

One thing that one must remember when it comes to criticism is personal taste. Is a person stupid just because they have an opinion which differs from yours? If that's so then your opinion differs from mine, so that must make you stupid too. (I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm saying that the AP review is NOT stupid, but a perfectly valid opinion).