English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 02 July 2005, 23:56   #1
Bastian

Premiere crashes/freezes lvl5 boss

Hi there, this is my first post in the foruns and I could use it to present myself, but I'll do that some other time in a more appropriate forum :P

I came accross these foruns so I was curious and decided to register. I'm a big Amiga fan and it was my second computer after my Spectrum 48k. I had a Commodore Amiga 500 with 1MB. Sigh... I really shouldn't have sold it, but it was HUGE!

Thankfully my PC can emulate quite nicely most commodore amiga games. Heck, it can emulate just about anything since I've upgraded it but I've been having the following problem with one of my favourite games... Premiere.

I had the game for the Amiga and I remember distinctinctly to have come accross this same issue before. When I get to level 5, Sci-fi movies, I can cross the entire level, but when I go into the boss stage the game freezes/crashes and there. That's how far I went into the game. It's really frustrating to have downloaded the game and the emulator to play it only to come accross the same thing I did YEARS earlier on.

Does someone have the same complain? Can someone help me in this?

Old 03 July 2005, 00:03   #2
RetroMan

Hmm, have you tried a different version of the game yet ???
Old 03 July 2005, 08:07   #3
Bastian

Yes, I have. Perhaps it's my emulator? I believe they were different versions of the game...

It's hard to tell which one will be right, because it becomes very frustrating to go through the entire game up until the level 5 boss only to then having the game crash and that doesn't seem like a very good way to test this to see if it works.

Has anyone been lucky enough to download a fixed version? If possible, from where?

Old 03 July 2005, 17:20   #4
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Hi Bastian and welcome.

Try the CAPS dump, that way you can be sure that it's not a bad crack that's causing it
Old 03 July 2005, 20:20   #5
Bastian

Thanks ENY! I'll definitly give it a shot

Old 04 July 2005, 01:29   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Eny put it the right way I think.
Also with PANG! there was the "problem" that crackers (as usual) hadn't had enough patience and needed to have everything now and at once, which led to the issue that PANG! was released in preview-stage with only one (known) group which realized that the game was unfinished and the nasties' sprites still WIP, and then did a crack of the final version.
I would not be surprised if it was not a similar case with Premiere.
Old 02 November 2005, 15:22   #7
sareks
Apprentice

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian
Yes, I have. Perhaps it's my emulator? I believe they were different versions of the game...

It's hard to tell which one will be right, because it becomes very frustrating to go through the entire game up until the level 5 boss only to then having the game crash and that doesn't seem like a very good way to test this to see if it works.

Has anyone been lucky enough to download a fixed version? If possible, from where?
Hello, at planetemu.net there are various versions of premiere to download. I recommend loading "Premiere (1992)(Core Design)[cr Nemesis - TKK][t +8 Nemesis - TKK](Disk 1 of 3).adf". It has a trainer-option for the game where you can start right at level 5.2 (boss).
Old 02 November 2005, 15:40   #8
DamienD
Banned

Hello Bastian,

I had exactly the same problem. I downloaded all .adf versions that I could possibly find and tested but unfortunately they all suffer from the problem you describe.

The only solution is to find the .ipf which I believe works perfectly...