English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 26 October 2008, 22:27   #121
Doozy

Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Wow. The Company headquaters is right near me!

OpenPandora LTD. 422 Denton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 7HB England
@Smiley
Aye me too! Well a metro ride away at least... Maybe ya get a promo bottle of broon with every order! LOL

Old 31 October 2008, 17:37   #122
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Send a message via MSN to tonyyeb
CraigX has said that they will be upping the RAM to 256MB and internal storage to 512MB:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...pic=45019&st=0

Starting to wish i'd ordered one now.... oh well second batch should have any bug fixes included.
Old 31 October 2008, 20:23   #123
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

indeed i think i will wait untill the bugs are known and out of the system.

still it is tempting though, even though i have a hacked PSP (which is AWESOME!) but pretty crap for Amiga emu (although Snes / Megadrive and PS1 are fantastic)
Old 31 October 2008, 20:25   #124
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Yeah i'm keen for a portable miggy (along with many others!), it does look perfect for my needs!
Old 01 November 2008, 10:50   #125
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
indeed i think i will wait untill the bugs are known and out of the system.

still it is tempting though, even though i have a hacked PSP (which is AWESOME!) but pretty crap for Amiga emu (although Snes / Megadrive and PS1 are fantastic)
I have to agree with this... I need to get a decent sized memcard!
Old 01 November 2008, 10:59   #126
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Snes / Megadrive and PS1 are fantastic
PS1, MegaDrive (and SegaCD!) are fantastic, yes - but not SNES. Some games run (almost) fullspeed, but many are just no fun, e.g. "Super Turrican" or "Megaman 7" run like crap.

I'll keep my PSP for PS1-games and hope to have fullspeed* SNES- and Amiga-emus on the Pandora.

* by fullspeed I mean 60/50fps without frameskip and crystal clear stereo sound.

Last edited by john4p; 01 November 2008 at 11:05.
Old 06 November 2008, 16:55   #127
chiark
Needs a life

They've also stated that they're refunding "some" credit cards due to the bank "being awkward". If your card is affected, you will receive a mail, and the refund, and are given the option to re-order preferably paying via bank transfer.

Oh, and there's a supply problem with the LCDs, which isn't a great surprise. They've got 640, and need 4000. No definite date on the remaining 3,400.

I wish there was a little more openness about what was happening with the bank, and I wish I knew if my money was being refunded or not. If it is, I will re-order with a credit card, but I'm not paying a bank transfer for something that doesn't yet exist...

Fingers crossed something might appear by December, and that news comes more regularly from the team who have done astonishing work up until now!
Old 06 November 2008, 18:11   #128
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post

* by fullspeed I mean 60/50fps without frameskip and crystal clear stereo sound.
Ouch, that a pop at me, .

I thought pandora was already sorted and being shipped. I wouldnt even use my credit card for something that doesnt exist.
Old 07 November 2008, 07:37   #129
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Ouch, that a pop at me, .
Nope - that's just a general attitude. And I still think PSPUAE can reach my definition of "fullspeed" someday for many Amiga 500-titles.
I'm just impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL
I thought pandora was already sorted and being shipped. I wouldnt even use my credit card for something that doesnt exist.
It was announced to be shipped by the end of November. But at the moment it seems like it gets delayed to 2009 because of the LCD-delivery problems. Maybe they'll ship the ~600 units they got LCDs for already this year (and since I'm the 13th German that preordered the unit from EvilDragon I might get lucky...).
I can fully understand that not everyone would pay for some non-existing device that gets delayed. I'd usually never do such a thing, either - the Pandora is... an exception...

Last edited by john4p; 07 November 2008 at 14:22.
Old 07 November 2008, 09:51   #130
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody57 View Post
I agree there Alexh

While it seems to be genuine .......the lack of functionality of the rest of their website beggars the question as to their competence in actually supplying what they promise

Too many times have Amiga enthusiasts parted with money only to be let down with long delays & NO REFUNDS when weeks turn to months...

IMHO please use caution
Nice to see you around Woods!
Old 07 November 2008, 14:23   #131
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Nope - that's just a general attitude. And I still think PSPUAE can reach my definition of "fullspeed" someday for many Amiga 500-titles.
I'm just impatient.

It was announced to be shipped by the end of November. But at the moment it seems like it gets delayed to 2009 because of the LCD-delivery problems. Maybe they'll ship the ~600 units they got LCDs for already this year (and since I'm the 13th German that preordered the unit from EvilDragon I might get lucky...).
I can fully understand that not everyone would pay for some non-existing device that gets delayed. I'd usually never do such a thing, either - the Pandora is... an exception...
I personally feel (from past experience), when something like that happens, the first batches end up having loads of problems. Due to them getting desperate for components and the quality goes out the window.

I agree, PSPUAE can reach Fullspeed (in most things), just need the asm intergrated. I just hope chilly gets his other projects finished, and is able to integrate it, as he knows asm inside out.
Old 23 November 2008, 01:31   #132
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
I personally feel (from past experience), when something like that happens, the first batches end up having loads of problems. Due to them getting desperate for components and the quality goes out the window.
The Pandora team have said from day dot they will delay the release rather than use inferior parts. Their LCD supplier has only supplied 600 LCDs rather than the full order of 4000 so they have delayed the release until they get more of the same LCDs rather than getting cheaper/different ones.

Anyways, reason I am posting: Gn0stic has done a quick one day port of eUAE.

Can you guys say AGA?

PUAE running AGA demo Dirt by mystic

Old 23 November 2008, 13:53   #133
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
The Pandora team have said from day dot they will delay the release rather than use inferior parts. Their LCD supplier has only supplied 600 LCDs rather than the full order of 4000 so they have delayed the release until they get more of the same LCDs rather than getting cheaper/different ones.

Anyways, reason I am posting: Gn0stic has done a quick one day port of eUAE.

Can you guys say AGA?

PUAE running AGA demo Dirt by mystic

lol, and he told me he had no time to do any coding, . Still has no sound though, I would love to see it with sound.
Old 23 November 2008, 14:32   #134
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Great progress being made. I'm more likely to get a Pandora from the second batch now.
Old 23 November 2008, 18:31   #135
chiark
Needs a life

Well, the refund hit my account today (they're refunding everyone, and generally have had a lot of hassles which they didn't expect).

Not sure whether I'll re-order from the first batch as I'm not sure when they're likely to be available... Still no date.
Old 23 November 2008, 20:11   #136
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Refunding everyone?
Old 23 November 2008, 20:28   #137
chiark
Needs a life

They say not everyone. However, I mailed them a few weeks ago as I hadn't heard and they said they were refunding me too... The refund arrived yesterday.
Old 23 November 2008, 20:29   #138
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

I'm tempted to see if I could order one? If enough people think like you then there must be some going spare...
Old 23 November 2008, 20:36   #139
chiark
Needs a life

Well, I think there's a few on the main board hoping for this. I believe there's a waiting list.
Old 23 November 2008, 20:40   #140
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Thought as much. Probably for the best. Ill wait for batch two.