English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 April 2006, 18:03   #101
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
I followed the instruction. I think there's something wrong with the burning, haven't tried again later.

But the Access Denied is when I try to read the actual disc, I can't even get in to see the contents.
Yeah, this sounds like it's a burning issue

If you test from the partition where you copied / updated everything to, did the same issue appear?
Old 17 April 2006, 19:00   #102
StarEye
Zone Friend

nope
Old 17 April 2006, 19:07   #103
Macca
Zone Friend

Could be permissions - does it work in another reader?
Old 17 April 2006, 19:33   #104
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
nope
Ok, so if you tested it from the partition where you copied / updated everything to and the same issue didn't appear, we know that it's not the updated files or the structure...

Thinking about it some more, I have seen this access denied when running the DVD and 1 or both of the following 2 things are true:

1) The DVD drive you are using isn't the first CD / DVD drive. Unfortunately it needs to be as my CD / DVD drive batch file assigns the first found...
2) You are trying to copy the files across to a drive letter that either doesn't exist or is a CD / DVD drive.

Do you have more than one CD / DVD drive installed on your PC / laptop?
Old 18 April 2006, 04:16   #105
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
1) The DVD drive you are using isn't the first CD / DVD drive. Unfortunately it needs to be as my CD / DVD drive batch file assigns the first found...
Hmm, changed the drive letter but still nothing. What's even stranger is that I found out I could just right click and explore instead of double clicking on the drive icon.

Anyhow, because of that I could install it all from the DVD with your "installer" and everything works perfect. If there only were discs as good as yours for other systems too (like Megadrive/Master System or the NES).
Old 18 April 2006, 13:31   #106
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Quote:
If I send you the different zsnesw.cfg and zguicfgw.dat files for PS2 controls can you remap the buttons, save the files and send them back to me so that I can include these options? There will be 2 different sets i.e. "Normal video + PS2" + "Scanlines video + PS2". There's no TV mode...
yeah sure m8 Email them to sarek2k AT gavmundo DOT co DOT uk
do you want me to backup my settings and start from yours?

Last edited by Paul; 18 April 2006 at 19:15. Reason: edited email to stop search bot indexing
Old 18 April 2006, 13:32   #107
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

@Macca what did u use to do the autorun m8????
Old 18 April 2006, 13:46   #108
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, changed the drive letter but still nothing. What's even stranger is that I found out I could just right click and explore instead of double clicking on the drive icon.

Anyhow, because of that I could install it all from the DVD with your "installer" and everything works perfect. If there only were discs as good as yours for other systems too (like Megadrive/Master System or the NES).
Hey StarEye,

Thank you for the kind words

Very strange this issue with your DVD player. Not to worry, soon enough I will be releasing the "new" SNES DVD with the option to select your desired emulator. Taking a bit longer than anticipated to get everything working correctly though... In principal it sounds pretty easy but there are many thinks I've needed to think about / change...

Here's a brief description of what I've needed to update and where I'm at presently:

... Create the directory \SNES\EMULATOR\SNES9X and extract emulator to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\EMULATOR\ZSNES and extract emulator to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X and copy the existing stuff from \SNES\FRONT END to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES, copy the existing stuff from \SNES\FRONT END to this, then update the .ini files to point to Zsnes instead. [Done]

... Now delete all files (not directories) from \SNES\EMULATOR to get rid of old setup. [Done]

... Now delete all files (not directories) from \SNES\FRONTEND to get rid of old setup. [Done]

... Modify the 25 old \Desktop shortcuts + 25 .cmd files for Snes9x that they point to \FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\LusSpace.exe instead of \FRONT END\LusSpace.exe. [Done]

... Create 25 new \Desktop shortcuts + 25 .cmd files for Zsnes that point to \FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES. [Done]

... Configure all the 12 different sets of zsnesw.cfg and zguicfgw.dat for each configuration. [All done except for the 3 x PS2 configs]

... Create 2 directories for each emulator under \SNES\SAVE and have them get created through the batch files.

... Add in new menus for each emulator and think about how the options will run. [70% done. This is the difficult one... Won't go into great details but the copying of the required stuff for Zsnes after the user selects both Emulator Settings + Controllers is a lot harder than running .reg files. Put it this way, my old SETUP.CMD file was 11Kb, the new one isn't totally finished yet and is already 24Kb]

... Test everything. [As much as poosible so far]

Last edited by DamienD; 18 April 2006 at 14:01.
Old 18 April 2006, 13:54   #109
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
@Macca what did u use to do the autorun m8????
AutoPlay Media Suite 6.0:

http://www.indigorose.com/ams/

Old 18 April 2006, 13:57   #110
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
yeah sure m8 Email them to sarek2k AT gavmundo DOT co DOT uk
do you want me to backup my settings and start from yours?
Cheers for this. I'll need to explain exactly what to do in terms of the new directory structure and also in order to keep the PS2 zsnesw.cfg and zguicfgw.dat as clean as possible... I'll do this tonight when I get the chance to think about all requirements.

Many thanks sarek2k

Last edited by Paul; 18 April 2006 at 19:15.
Old 18 April 2006, 15:10   #111
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Oooo guess what i have been using too yep! AutoPlay Media Suite 6.0:
just ran it for the first time Have seen this used before in guides from AiO's however the way he does them (Vertigo 173) is different to the way i would, i would draw the menu first in Xara X and then use hotspots in Autoplay and i have just sussed out how to do that anyway here is the preview of the menu/frontend i was working on!

Ps the Background is inspired by Soccer Kid AGA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	10827  
Old 18 April 2006, 15:30   #112
DamienD
Banned

Wow, that looks really cool sarek2k

I was thinking about going down the root of using AutoPlay Media Suite 6.0 to replace my SETUP.EXE file but it would take a lot of work and not exactly sure how to implement some things using AutoPlay Media Suite 6.0 that are in my SETUP.EXE. It's pretty full on for a .BAT file).

Besides that I've spend loads of time on my SETUP.EXE and grown quite sentimental to it.

Last edited by DamienD; 25 April 2006 at 19:02.
Old 18 April 2006, 18:01   #113
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Just playing about with the graphics for the front end i did earlier also had a look at your setup.txt this is a well written bat file i can do them but not to this degree and it's a long time since i really used them!

If we do go with a front end like we all seem to be aiming for your batch file is setup.exe and we can call that from the main menu and keep everything you have setup as it is so to speak (no point in making extra work when you have done so well with what you have)

That way the only additional work we need do is for Zsnes, Read me, Credits etc. Got some loverly icons to use for the read me etc (from windows vista etc and they are .png so resizeable etc).
Old 18 April 2006, 18:23   #114
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Just playing about with the graphics for the front end i did earlier also had a look at your setup.txt this is a well written bat file i can do them but not to this degree and it's a long time since i really used them!
Many thanks for the compliment.

As you know, at the moment it's only 70% finished but it took me ages to plan out how everything works, get over various hurdles, check for what the user selects and then apply this (via .txt created in the %temp%) etc... I'm no programmer but I think it's pretty well organised also

Quote:
If we do go with a front end like we all seem to be aiming for your batch file is setup.exe and we can call that from the main menu and keep everything you have setup as it is so to speak (no point in making extra work when you have done so well with what you have)
I like your AutoRun very much. Very professional looking
Old 18 April 2006, 21:18   #115
Macca
Zone Friend

Quote:
AutoPlay Media Suite 6.0:

http://www.indigorose.com/ams/

Sorry for the slow reply - yes it was indeed Autoplay Menu Studio.

If you do the readme's etc. and want them converted to PDF then please let me know.

Old 18 April 2006, 21:48   #116
Bloodwych

Well Damien, this DVD development keeps on moving for the better!

What can I say - you turned up to share and now it's turned into a full development thread. Great stuff!

I'll wait until you get something finalised this time - I don't want to keep burning DVDs that are out of date after one day!

You've really inspired people to start producing more. I have a hand picked Megadrive collection if you require that for your DVD in the future - it's only about 500MB however, but uses the same philosophy as your SNES choices. Working USA titles first, followed by ENG/JAP from the Goodgen set. Who knows, I may have a go at putting a frontend together myself.
Old 18 April 2006, 21:54   #117
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, run into a bit of a problem

It's hard to explain though but here goes... As you know all the SNES9X stuff works already and is easy to implement as it's registry based. ZSNES is different though as you rely on those 2 config files. Given the current plans, this means I need the following different sets of those 2 files:

01. DVD --> Normal --> XBox
02. DVD --> Normal --> PS2
03. DVD --> Normal --> HotRod
04. DVD --> Normal --> Default
05. DVD --> Scanlines --> XBox
06. DVD --> Scanlines --> PS2
07. DVD --> Scanlines --> HotRod
08. DVD --> Scanlines --> Default
09. DVD --> TVMode --> XBox
10. DVD --> TVMode --> PS2
11. DVD --> TVMode --> HotRod
12. DVD --> TVMode --> Default

13. HDD --> Normal --> XBox
14. HDD --> Normal --> PS2
15. HDD --> Normal --> HotRod
16. HDD --> Normal --> Default
17. HDD --> Scanlines --> XBox
18. HDD --> Scanlines --> PS2
19. HDD --> Scanlines --> HotRod
20. HDD --> Scanlines --> Default
21. HDD --> TVMode --> XBox
22. HDD --> TVMode --> PS2
23. HDD --> TVMode --> HotRod
24. HDD --> TVMode --> Default

Ok, so this will be time consuming to create them all but no big deal (or so I thought). When copying across the required set of those 2 files, I need to base it on firstly whether it's a DVD or HDD, secondly if it's Normal or Scanlines or TVMode, and finally if it's XBox or PS2 or HotRod or Default (which I have via .txt files stored in %TEMP%)...

Here's my issue... As far as I know all I can do is IF EXIST %TEMP%.\ COPY .CFG

Not sure if you can do something like IF EXIST %TEMP%.\ AND %TEMP%.\ AND %TEMP%.\ COPY .CFG

I hope it makes sense? Does anybody know the answer to this
Old 18 April 2006, 22:37   #118
Macca
Zone Friend

Whats %temp% pointing to?

You can use other variables to get around it I guess.
Old 18 April 2006, 22:45   #119
DamienD
Banned

%TEMP% and %TMP% are variable that I believe are set by Windows as the default temporary directories.

Run Command Prompt and type SET. They should point to:

TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\%USER_NAME%\LOCALS~1\TEMP
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\%USER_NAME%\LOCALS~1\TEMP

Old 18 April 2006, 22:48   #120
Macca
Zone Friend

Ah yes sorry I didn't know if you were using Windows variables or your own created from the bat file.

The only solution I can think of mate is more variables.

If %temp% exists then theres no need to do more %temp% obviously as they would point back to that directory.

If exists %temp% and %variable1%=1 then etc. (I know the formatting needs a little work but that's my plain english)

Does that help at all?

Probably not - lol