English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 August 2016, 11:01   #1
BubbleBobble

Best Joystick?

Hey,

I recently bought an Amiga 500 just to remind me of some sweet gaming days. I can't wait to reboot some great retro games. I played the hell out of the amiga.

Gonna whup my brother at speedball 2 all over again!

I've want to buy a joystick online and haven't had much luck finding a decent one. Can anyone recommend good sites to buy Amiga compatible hardware? And also a decent stick for fastball action.

Thanks!

Last edited by BubbleBobble; 01 September 2016 at 04:17.

Old 29 August 2016, 14:35   #2
Swevicus

You can buy joysticks at the following sites:

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/default/..._and_Joysticks

https://www.flashbackgames.co.uk/sho...tCategoryID=33

I'll be back later.
Old 29 August 2016, 17:28   #3
Cherno

I always liked the classic Competition Pros with autofire buttons. However, I think that the red/black ones had slightly more delay in their microswitches, while the silver/blue ones we also had (those had autofire buttons) seemed to have better response times.
Old 29 August 2016, 17:56   #4
vroom6sri

I recently purchased a Rys mk2 USB adaptor and so far I'm impressed with it as the newer, more ergonomic controllers are good to use. I've not tried hooking up a USB mouse to it yet and it seems that the only USB controller has compatibility issues with the autofire function of the Rys mk2 but still pleased with it.
Old 31 August 2016, 18:44   #5
paul1981

The best joystick is a joypad! I remember when I first had a go on a joypad on my friend's megadrive - I was hooked on that pad! Much easier, quicker, quieter...I've never looked back. I have two Technoplus Swifts.

I know they're not joysticks but they're all I'd use now (next to the megadrive pad).
Old 31 August 2016, 20:09   #6
Bastich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherno View Post
I always liked the classic Competition Pros with autofire buttons. However, I think that the red/black ones had slightly more delay in their microswitches, while the silver/blue ones we also had (those had autofire buttons) seemed to have better response times.
It's the same distance from the shaft to the micro switches in both versions. Even the same mouldings are used. The main difference (other than auto fire / slow Mo) is that the clear blue ones use a spring to recenter where as the black and red ones use rubber.
Old 04 September 2016, 22:54   #7
Panthros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swevicus View Post
Thanks but I am in the US. Anyone have anyone they recommend? I recently bought a couple of Amiga 500's and looking forward to playing some games but need a joystick. I hate Ebay, you never what what you will get until you get it.