English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 12 April 2012, 20:08   #61
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
Crash: running as an A500 on OSX, when selecting "More" from input devices, the menu changes to something new then immediately crashes.
Bug found and fixed (thanks). Will create 1.1.3 later this evening (after a meeting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Also Chrash here: If I boot with empty "CD Drive" and choose an image after getting Workbench boot, FS-UAE will crash
And I'll check this out and try to fix tonight as well
Old 12 April 2012, 20:22   #62
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

New white fonts? (it only occurs with the netplay screen).

Thanks for the update though (especially the parallel port joysticks menu).
Old 12 April 2012, 20:28   #63
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
And I'll check this out and try to fix tonight as well
Don't bother, I already fixed it about a week ago (includes also some other filesystem updates), should be ready tomorrow.
Old 12 April 2012, 21:36   #64
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

A weird issue using FS-UAE 1.1.x:

A line is always displayed above the Workbench bar (V1.2/V1.3). Is this a known bug/issue?
Old 12 April 2012, 22:37   #65
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline View Post
New white fonts? (it only occurs with the netplay screen).
Nice isn't it? -Fix coming soon.

Quote:
Thanks for the update though (especially the parallel port joysticks menu).
Yes, but don't use it, it will cause memory corruption (in the best case) -Fix coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Don't bother, I already fixed it about a week ago (includes also some other filesystem updates), should be ready tomorrow.
Thanks, I really appreciate the heads-up

Quote:

A line is always displayed above the Workbench bar (V1.2/V1.3). Is this a known bug/issue?
Not a known issue, but perhaps I just haven't noticed. I will investigate a bit!
Old 12 April 2012, 22:53   #66
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 1.1.3

* Fixed crash when accessing the input options menu.
* Fix rendering of fonts in dialogs.

(The input options menu in 1.1.2 should not be used, so please update to 1.1.3)
Old 12 April 2012, 23:05   #67
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
* Fixed crash when accessing the input options menu.
* Fix rendering of fonts in dialogs.

(The input options menu in 1.1.2 should not be used, so please update to 1.1.3)
okay, it's fixed
Is this normal that the menu/GUI (F12) takes now about 5 seconds to appear? (since FS-UAE 1.1.2)
Old 13 April 2012, 00:02   #68
lesta_smsc

Quote:
* Use only older OpenGL features, should work fine on OpenGL 1.4/1.5 implementations now (possibly also OpenGL 1.1).
Thank you Frode! Works perfectly! I'm liking how ALT-ENTER gets it FULL screen!! Going to now try this on TV out and see how it performs! Awesome stuff!

p.s. thanks for the PM to update me about this too!

EDIT: OK this is absolutely spot on! For those wanting a better gaming experience (without hassle of filters) - use a TV output (e.g. S-Video) out on your computer/laptop to a TV and just appreciate the difference! Take a look at this. Full screen and does even appear pixelated (apologies for the slight blur on the graphics, this it was moving camera too quick!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120412_230956.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	31241  

Last edited by lesta_smsc; 13 April 2012 at 00:22.
Old 13 April 2012, 00:44   #69
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:

I have investigated, and found out that the change in behaviour from 1.0.x to 1.1.x is due to WinUAE code being updated from WinUAE2.4.0beta5 to WinUAE2.4.0. I traced it further and found out the issue was introduced in WinUAE2.4.0beta27. The change responsible is probably "- Autoscale ignores CPU background color writes."

The diff is quite small, so I can probably easily fix it, but not necessarily without introducing other problems (The change in 2.0.4beta27 was probably fixing another issue), since I do not yet understand the autoscaling code fully - I mean, the code itself is fine, but autoscaling is quite complicated!

Quote:
okay, it's fixed
Is this normal that the menu/GUI (F12) takes now about 5 seconds to appear? (since FS-UAE 1.1.2)
No, this is not normal. Does it happen every time you try to open the menu, or only the first time after starting FS-UAE? Does it depend on specific configuration options (or net play mode), or does if always happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
OK this is absolutely spot on! For those wanting a better gaming experience (without hassle of filters) - use a TV output (e.g. S-Video) out on your computer/laptop to a TV and just appreciate the difference! Take a look at this. Full screen and does even appear pixelated (apologies for the slight blur on the graphics, this it was moving camera too quick!
And I didn't even have to implement a TV filter
Old 13 April 2012, 00:51   #70
lesta_smsc

Now all you need is easy GUI for in game change of controls/options etc and ability to create netplay within the emulator (e.g. like a chat server!?)
Old 13 April 2012, 00:56   #71
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Now all you need is easy GUI for in game change of controls/options etc and ability to create netplay within the emulator (e.g. like a chat server!?)
Netplay game browsing / setup will never be embedded into FS-UAE itself, but I have an in-development external launcher for FS-UAE with chat rooms and game setup functionality, but progress is slow since FS-UAE itself gets most attention.
Old 13 April 2012, 01:25   #72
Pyromania

Does this version have a built in GUI? If no why not?
Old 13 April 2012, 01:28   #73
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does this version have a built in GUI? If no why not?
Yes, FS-UAE has a GUI to do stuff needed during runtime, such as floppy swapping, save states, change controllers in input ports, reset the Amiga, ...

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 April 2012 at 01:52.
Old 13 April 2012, 01:44   #74
lesta_smsc

Can't wait for this netplay version - does not have to have all the features, but just the basics to get games running online at good speed... (which it appears to be doing already!)
Old 13 April 2012, 10:40   #75
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I have investigated, and found out that the change in behaviour from 1.0.x to 1.1.x is due to WinUAE code being updated from WinUAE2.4.0beta5 to WinUAE2.4.0. I traced it further and found out the issue was introduced in WinUAE2.4.0beta27. The change responsible is probably "- Autoscale ignores CPU background color writes."

The diff is quite small, so I can probably easily fix it, but not necessarily without introducing other problems (The change in 2.0.4beta27 was probably fixing another issue), since I do not yet understand the autoscaling code fully - I mean, the code itself is fine, but autoscaling is quite complicated!
It fixes a bug but also caused this side-effect, it only worked accidentally previously.. Will be fixed soon..
Old 13 April 2012, 12:26   #76
Conundrum

Can't for someone in the portable communities to pick this up. This emulator sounds great for handhelds, and it might finally be the worthy replacement for UAE4ALL
Old 13 April 2012, 13:52   #77
nexusle
Banned

Hey Frode,

in Picasso96 not all of my screenmodes are working/showing up. Have you noticed this too?
Old 13 April 2012, 14:37   #78
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Hey Frode,

in Picasso96 not all of my screenmodes are working/showing up. Have you noticed this too?
Yes, I have -because FS-UAE completely ignores the screen modes from your system. All uaegfx ("picasso96") resolutions are scaled to the output resolution of FS-UAE, and FS-UAE never switches to another host screen mode.

The resolutions you see in mode settings in Workbench are ones I have hardcoded in (an assortment of resolutions in 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 aspects). If you have a 16:9 widescreen monitor and run FS-UAE fullscreen, you may want to choose a 16:9 resolution, for instance 1280x720 or 1024x576.

I don't think it is that useful that you get to choose "native" screen modes, with one exception. Choosing the native resolution of your LCD would allow for 1:1 pixel mapping, so that is the exception, but some more work needs to be done to allow this (dynamically create larger screen buffers / textures on demand, etc -currently hardcoded to max 1024x1024 pixels).
Old 13 April 2012, 14:51   #79
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
No, this is not normal. Does it happen every time you try to open the menu, or only the first time after starting FS-UAE? Does it depend on specific configuration options (or net play mode), or does if always happen?
In fact this issue always happens:
-When FS-UAE has just been started (black screen during about 4 seconds)
-Later, when the F12 key has been pressed for the first time only (freeze/4 seconds) or if I try to change a setting inside the emulator ("micro freeze"/2 seconds)

It doesn't seem to depend on specific configuration options (same problem with an empty config file/AROS). The previous versions are absolutely not affected (e.g.: FS-UAE 1.1.1)

EDIT (System): Windows XP/Core2Duo/Intel GMA

Last edited by AmigaOnline; 13 April 2012 at 15:31.
Old 13 April 2012, 14:55   #80
nexusle
Banned

My nativ resolution ist 1680 x 1050

At this moment, the Workbench runs at 1280 x 720... Looks very ugly...