English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 March 2020, 15:23   #21
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I hope it will not be a new Microcosm though.
Old 23 March 2020, 08:50   #22
RetroBones

No chances of that happening
Old 23 March 2020, 09:55   #23
Gzegzolka

This game looks so much fun and promising. I hope that what we see now it is just bare bones tech demo and full game would have more gameplay stuff going on that just flying over canyons and avoiding hitting ground. There is lot of stuff that can be put into that game. It could have sections like tunnels in Super Stardust with stuff to shoot, avoid and bosses. It could have different sections with different gameplay mechanics. You can make part where player need to fly into rings like in Jaguar Tempest bonus stage and gain some speed after that. There can be bomb runs when You need to hit some enemies on ground at specific spot. There can be delivery runs where You collect stuff from ground and need to unload it at specific places. Or there could be some classic shooter sections where You can just shoot air/ground targets and avoid their bullets. You can have stealth mission based at flying low and do not spending too much time above some altitude to not being detected.
If I could add something to engine I would love to see some sprites on ground, like rocks, foliage, maybe some civilian structures and vehicles.
Old 24 March 2020, 08:56   #24
RetroBones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
This game looks so much fun and promising. I hope that what we see now it is just bare bones tech demo and full game would have more gameplay stuff going on
Sure thing. This is just the tech demo, showing the engine capabilities. The gameplay will be action packed, with shooting, racing, smuggling and even the elements of trading.
Old 29 March 2020, 10:41   #25
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

This is looking REALLY good. Can't wait to see the new developments you've got planned come to fruition.

I've got a voxel vibe now... Off to play The shadow Of The third sun for a while!!
Old 08 April 2020, 10:36   #26
RetroBones

Hi there! We started VergeWorld devlog on Patreon. If you want to read some behind the scenes and know our workshop - our team members will prepare a post once a week. The next one is coming today!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/vergeworld-1-35593487
Old 08 April 2020, 13:01   #27
TEG

I can't recall Amiga commercial games for which the experience depend on the cpu power. So it's very interesting.

And the concept of the game in itself is great.
Old 08 April 2020, 13:26   #28
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG View Post
I can't recall Amiga commercial games for which the experience depend on the cpu power. So it's very interesting.
All the vector based ones?
Old 08 April 2020, 15:49   #29
Havie

Any FPS?
Old 26 May 2020, 10:48   #30
zzbylu
Saberman

A new tech demo of VergeWorld: Icarus has just arrived!
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 May 2020, 16:01   #31
RetroBones

Amiga VergeWorld demo download!

Hi there!

I can confirm what was written in the post above - the playable tech demo of VergeWorld: Icarus is ready to be downloaded on our website.

Any feedback is worth more than gold!

Cheers!
Old 28 May 2020, 16:52   #32
d4rk3lf

This is great!
I really like the idea and execution.
Tried the demo, and it's very playable, nice response, and I really liked you added invert Y axis for us used to play that way.
I think the spaceship sprite could maybe use some tweaking. Mainly adjusting the drawing to horizon line (when the ship is above horizon line, we see it from bellow, when is bellow, we see it from above). Right now, the ship is centered all the time.
Or maybe a good solution could be, lowering ship always bellow horizon line, and we are seeing it a little bit from the top. But I am not sure, until I see it.

Once again, amazing idea and results, and I really like how organic all these landscapes are.

Maybe you will consider some version for ultra fast Amiga's, like with vampire, or Winue, and make voxels extremely small?
Would like to see that version too.
Old 02 June 2020, 11:02   #33
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBones View Post
Hi there!

I can confirm what was written in the post above - the playable tech demo of VergeWorld: Icarus is ready to be downloaded on our website.

Any feedback is worth more than gold!

Cheers!
I tried it. Starts and plays just fine with my A1200/68060. About a game, it just doesn't work. It ugly and and visibility is low. It is not a fun to play this.

However I give credit for a idee and ambition. This game minium should be 68040, so that it would have needed playability and eye candy.
Old 04 June 2020, 23:46   #34
eXeler0

I only played Shadow of the third moon on 060 but seems minimum requirement was AGA + 030. But the voxel engine was reeeeally nice on 060.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 June 2020, 01:41   #35
nikosidis

The demo is just to show the engine. This is not how the game is going to be. There will be things to shoot at etc. What I have little problem with is the air craft. I would rather see something like in Shadow of the third moon, sitting inside the plane. At least it should be an option. They could for sure not make a game only for 040 or better. Sales would be very low!
It is nice that they develop for Amiga and something other than the usual game genres. They have a long way to go there but let's hope it will turn into something nice.
Old 11 June 2020, 21:15   #36
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

You mentioned in Bills stream that the goal of the mission is to score 1mio points to finish it? Are you able to gain this? My best score is somewhere around 400k and then my eyes start to hurt.
Old 11 June 2020, 21:27   #37
Bren McGuire

To be fair in this particular case this engine is the game. I mean the essence. Yeah you can add enemies and stuff of course, but this shown here is The game.

I said it before to other devs here, I think in general you guys need to quiet down at such early development stages, do not release such early demos. Why? well, any feedback given at this time will not be very useful in the final game, mainly because, as you see, it's people mostly complaining about things that might be there in the end but can't see now. Second, because this generates negative feedback that you do not want when developing. You need encouragement.

Consider releaseing demos only of games that are near completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
The demo is just to show the engine. This is not how the game is going to be.
Old 11 June 2020, 23:11   #38
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

"Consider releaseing demos only of games that are near completion."

That is the Amigan way, most have absurd expectations and will complain about EVERYTHING and say the game is a mess even just for one misplaced pixel, i know
Old 26 June 2020, 02:54   #39
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Looks interesting- I totally understand that its in early development.
Old 26 June 2020, 03:55   #40
Marchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
To be fair in this particular case this engine is the game. I mean the essence. Yeah you can add enemies and stuff of course, but this shown here is The game.

I said it before to other devs here, I think in general you guys need to quiet down at such early development stages, do not release such early demos. Why? well, any feedback given at this time will not be very useful in the final game, mainly because, as you see, it's people mostly complaining about things that might be there in the end but can't see now. Second, because this generates negative feedback that you do not want when developing. You need encouragement.

Consider releaseing demos only of games that are near completion.
As for any creative project, I think releasing early work is fine, you just need to be ready to interpret the feedback - take the useful info on board and discard the rest (and, of course, be ready for criticism, some of it negative).