English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 March 2019, 18:32   #201
nlandas

I really hope that Jens will stay and keep making products.
Old 16 February 2020, 10:02   #202
Jope
-

So, thread necro time. Mid-February 2020 is upon us. Let's see what it brings.
Old 16 February 2020, 12:27   #203
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
We should settle this by sticking them all in a room to take turns playing the game Keep Talking, and Nobody Explodes in VR. Then maybe afterward they'll realize they should be working together to make more money instead of making the Amiga community explode like they're doing now.
The only winners in all this will be the lawyers.

For me personally, it's one reason I don't buy into the 'modern' Amiga market now. I'll stick to the fond memories from 1990 - 1993 with my A500.
Old 16 February 2020, 12:40   #204
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
The only winners in all this will be the lawyers.

For me personally, it's one reason I don't buy into the 'modern' Amiga market now. I'll stick to the fond memories from 1990 - 1993 with my A500.
Too right, I'm the same.
Got my first 500 in 88 then a 500+ soon after release. Then that was followed by my first 1200 on release day.
Those are the fond memory days. I have no interest in this next generation rubbish that comes with all the drama and cruft!
It's a totally ludicrous situation!
Old 16 February 2020, 16:03   #205
DamienD
Banned

I've deleted your post Misclegend.

This is the second time you've used language like this which is slightly racist / depicting women in a bad way; and not forum friendly...

Next time, you will definitely receive at least a 2 week ban; final friendly warning
Old 16 February 2020, 17:10   #206
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

This is the second time you've used language like this which is slightly racist / depicting women in a bad way; and not forum friendly...

Next time, you will definitely receive at least a 2 week ban; final friendly warning
Dunno what he wrote, but that sort of shit should come with Zero tolerance.
Old 16 February 2020, 17:37   #207
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
dunno what he wrote, but that sort of shit should come with zero tolerance.
+1
Old 16 February 2020, 18:03   #208
dreadnought

It was rather ugly. Sometimes I must remind myself that people on these retro boards are actually grown-ass adults and not teenagers. In fact, I think there was actually much less hate when we were teens, in the pre internet days. At most we would take a piss out of the other micros, but it was mostly without malice. And never within our own camps. Probably because dealing with live humans face to face is much different than writing whatever the hell comes to your mind on the net.

This is also related to the OP. I'm sick to the bone hearing about Cloanto being involved in yet another drama/lawsuit. I don't really know (or care for) the sordid details of these cases but I guess it can be boiled down to the old maxim: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

I guess on the meta-level it's also a function of the flawed state of commodified IP laws, which allow for this kind of sad shenanigans to continue.
Old 16 February 2020, 18:04   #209
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Big grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Thank our luck stars we have a mod like DamienD to shield us from this blasphemer and protect us all from this unwanted trash on this well maintained forum.

All Hail DamienD
Old 17 February 2020, 00:10   #210
spudje

I read somewhere Jens is expecting first prototypes of indivision aga mk3, so I assume he'll stay in business a bit longer. Or the recent failure of the settlement attempt should have made him change his mind.
Old 17 February 2020, 00:24   #211
Overmann

Well, he is finalizing the ACA1240 and ACA1260 these days. They look fantastic! He also has a number of designs in the works. An ACA1000 for one, which could turn into a fantastic board if he manages to get the design together. I don't think he WANTS to leave the amiga community. He has been with us for a long time, but I do get the feeling that he is kind of pissed off at how some of the other companies are doing business.

I REALLY hope he sticks with us. His products are always top notch and he is a very helpful and good guy. Everyone gets upset and he is clearly passionate.
Old 17 February 2020, 00:39   #212
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
Well, he is finalizing the ACA1240 and ACA1260 these days. They look fantastic! He also has a number of designs in the works. An ACA1000 for one, which could turn into a fantastic board if he manages to get the design together. I don't think he WANTS to leave the amiga community. He has been with us for a long time, but I do get the feeling that he is kind of pissed off at how some of the other companies are doing business.

I REALLY hope he sticks with us. His products are always top notch and he is a very helpful and good guy. Everyone gets upset and he is clearly passionate.
he will stay as long he expects to make money with his hardware
Old 17 February 2020, 00:48   #213
Pyromania

An ACA1000, is that for the Amiga 1000? I have a few of those laying around and would buy a few ACA1000 cards for them.
Old 17 February 2020, 10:10   #214
dreadnought

A1200 Reloaded page was updated a couple weeks ago so hopefully this is still going on as planned.
Old 17 February 2020, 11:06   #215
roondar

I'm rather hoping for the ACA 1240/1260 cards and the Reloaded to appear one day. I have the C64 reloaded and it's pretty awesome to not have to worry about caps/resistors/power supplies/etc for a few more years. The extra features are merely the icing on the cake (though safe VSP is really nice).
Old 17 February 2020, 12:01   #216
Pyromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
A1200 Reloaded page was updated a couple weeks ago so hopefully this is still going on as planned.
I’m also hopeful that this means it will finally come out.
Old 19 February 2020, 00:42   #217
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Wait what? Is that thing still alive? I really think he missed the window of opportunity with that one. (Now there's stuff like ReAmiga 1200 and obviously the vampire 1200 which makes most of the stuff on the A1200 mobo obsolete anyway). For some reason though, I still hope it comes out.

Anyway, had a quick look at the updated page and the only change I could see was that there will be 100Mbit ethernet included (also includes AmiTCP). Previously it said you'd simply get the same options to add a networking card as the ACA500/plus.
Old 19 February 2020, 07:35   #218
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
I really think he missed the window of opportunity with that one. (Now there's stuff like ReAmiga 1200 and obviously the vampire 1200 which makes most of the stuff on the A1200 mobo obsolete anyway).
So let me get this straight, he missed the window of opportunity because of some other hardware that isn't available for purchase yet? The ReAmiga 1200 isn't really a direct competitor either unless it's made available for purchase (in quantities) as a populated board.
Quote:
For some reason though, I still hope it comes out.
I bet you do
Old 19 February 2020, 08:46   #219
Hewitson

The sooner Individual Ripoffs goes out of business the better. I hope you end up sleeping in a gutter after what you've charged for some of your poorly designed hardware.
Old 19 February 2020, 13:11   #220
Overmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
The sooner Individual Ripoffs goes out of business the better. I hope you end up sleeping in a gutter after what you've charged for some of your poorly designed hardware.

Who is ripping off iComp?