English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

Old 05 September 2019, 13:58   #61
Cowcat

@BULI There was a function that was supposedly used for low memory systems that toned down textures and such: I didn't feel that did anything memory wise and could be the cause of those white textures. If for some systems still there this bug, is something else. Horizontal lines I dunno.
Old 22 November 2023, 16:41   #62
Doc Leisure

Hi,

sorry for being too late to the party an revive this (old but interesting) thread, but...

Unfortunately I have a problem getting RTCW to work. I always get a "SYS_Error: FC_CreatePath: ´MyPath´" (MyPath is the path where RTCW is located on my hard drive) after starting the game and a (not that short) loading time. I think it is the point, where all data is loaded and the splash screen wants to hand over to the real game...

Everything else in RTCW is running perfect till that point... (video, start screen with animation, ...) Other games run without problems too (Heretic II, WipeOut2097, Quake I - III...)

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

PS: Fun fact, I get the same error in "Jedi Outcast" ;-(

PPS: The used machine is a A4000/060/100-Ragnarok-G3/800-Mediator-Voodoo3-3000

Last edited by Doc Leisure; 22 November 2023 at 16:55.
Old 23 November 2023, 09:33   #63
Cowcat

- RTCW is ok in my system until you close the game and then usually something goes wrong with the memory deallocations, etc, etc. If you start the game with the default settings (with no wolfconfig,cfg) also things are not ok there. If you get wolfconfig,cfg written before the crash, try to modify it with fullscreen and similar values that you could have, for example, with a Q3 config that works for you.

- Jedi Outcast is rock solid in my system besides known fails that have to be fixed (updates from oficial github) when loading some old file savings. But that is occasionally.

Fact is I'm updating all those games on a regular basis and maybe something regarding your issues gets fixed.

It is weird because if some other user had a problem like that It could be know right with the first version.

Notes:
- Q2, RTCW and Jedi use same "dll" lib. So....
- Q2 and Jedi are complete C and C++ binaries respectively besides mgl/dll/ami "libs" but RTCW is a mixed C/C++ binary that has some issues with the warpos gcc/sdk.

- RTCW has to be started with a "clean" reboot. Nothing before running should be started besides system init boot....and nothing has to be started after closing the game....

Better PM me to try new versions before a re-release of all those games...

Note 2: RTCW needs to have a "main" dir where all dll's and data game included. And Jedi needs a "base" dir where all same stuff has to be located as RTCW.

Last edited by Cowcat; 23 November 2023 at 09:39.
Old 23 November 2023, 13:28   #64
Doc Leisure

Hi Cowcat,
thanks for you reply - I tried to send you a PM in EAB - and failed ;-(
Then I tried to reach out to you on A1k.org - success ;-)
Best regards
Doc Leisure