English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

Old 04 December 2014, 00:18   #1
Photon

PT-01 sample disk series

I released the PT-01 announcetro at Compusphere this w/e and as usual I forget to post at various places and especially EAB...

The scrolltext already explains the point of it but here's the gist of it:

The majority of the samples are unprocessed patches from the Memorymoog.

This synth is from the 80s, so there might be just one or two familiar sounds (but in higher quality) on each disk. This might not be to everyone's taste(?) but I do check with other Amiga musician friends and they feedback and chop up some samples for chiptunes etc to make it all good.

I add (also newly sampled) generally useful sounds to each disk (from Reason, my Juno-106, and my drum machine). Sorry, no zombie movie laughters or Kermit in German I make sure that as many sounds are usable for making Amiga tunes, especially, there's percussion on each disk.

I expect the series to land at 9 disks from the looks of it and disk 2 comes this weekend.
Old 07 December 2014, 18:21   #2
Photon

Disk 2 added, with among other things looped leads and strings + percussion from my RT-323 drum machine
Old 08 December 2014, 00:05   #3
adrdesign

FYI I have found some stxx originals while converting old sample libraries (FairlightCMI, EMAX, Mirage, Roland S series and Casio samplers, along with some famous drum modules) to amiga. You can check them in EAB file server, uploads/adrdesign folder

I was aware of your project, it inspired me to recover those old samples for our delight. Thanks for your work and hope u like mine!
Old 08 December 2014, 18:53   #4
Photon

Cool Had a listen and some were good. (Acoustic samples f.ex. are usually harder to make yourself.) But they're not all quality (or even sampled to the same key, which was a big hassle on many ST-xx disks as well), which makes you have to wade through them and basically put in the same work on them as I'm doing to the newly sampled sounds on PT-xx.

PT-xx is intended to be plug and play, with nicely looped pure synth waves and I do have some choice in the selection and which bonus sounds to add.

But I'll defo grab some acoustic guitar samples that I could use, if they're in key