English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 August 2001, 10:28   #1
MethodGit

Exclamation What a surprise!

I was taking a look at WHDLoad's patch progress page and felt bright when I discovered that Bored is workin' on a WHD patch for Fireforce! Good 'ol Seal!

By the way, I'm thinking about sending the Project X disks to Psygore like he requested on the site. The disk images I possess were obtained from Spokyz's HD version. Do you think he'll be able to work around with them?

//please use thread name which mean something
Old 07 August 2001, 12:18   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

My guess is that he already has that version. The disks that are requested on that page are original disk images or the original disks themselves so that they can be installed by owners of the original package.

The objective is to create installers for original copies that are not hard drive installable already. Why would someone want to make a hard drive installer for an already hard drive version?

I can't even remember what Spookyz installs are, but if memory serves me correctly, they were installs from cracked versions. Cracked copies are easily found, so I can't even imagine taking an already hard drive installed copy from a crack and making another hard drive install from it.

I don't believe you thought this one through very well, dude...
Old 07 August 2001, 14:22   #3
MethodGit

Smile Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm etc

You don't know about Spokyz? Maybe this place will fill your mighty brain with some info:

http://www.spokyz.fr.fm

I have checked a lot of his HD games and believe me, the majority of them are NOT cracked. I have run the disk images as ADFs before and most of the time I did not witness a multi-colored/dark-&-sinister techno/underground cracktro or a "greetings/fuckings" (or should that be "greetingz/fukingz"? :laugh) message of any kind materialising before my very eyes. I can say that there are a few games on there which use cracked versions (i.e. Wiz N Liz, for example - actually, that's the only game I know off by heart which is cracked), but the rest mainly consist of original images, AFAIK.
Old 07 August 2001, 23:32   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, I didn't say I didn't know the site, I just said I didn't remember...

You mentioned checking a lot of his HD games...all he does is host full installs of already existing WHD/JST installs, which is quite a different thing. As I said before, I am sure Psygore is aware of the JST version. And as Codetapper pointed out to you before, the disk images you find in a pre-installed WHD or JST game is not an exact mirror of the original disk.
Old 07 August 2001, 23:47   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Spooky's HD versions

Sorry to disappoint you Marz, but I think the majority *are* cracks. If you can write the Disk.1 image back to floppy and the game works then it is most likely to be a crack. All Rob Northen games for example will just crash when they hit the copylock. Just because there is no crack intro doesn't mean it's an original version...

Marz: That Lethal Weapon *original* you sent me looks like a crack to me, it doesn't even load and in the bootblock loads some file on the disk and runs it - I think some complete lamer has wiped out the intro but it's a dodgy version and I would guess it is NOT the original...

The original of Lethal Weapon comes up "illegal copy" if you try and run it from a disk image...
Old 13 August 2001, 00:16   #6
Frog

Spoky's crack or not

it seems there's both crack and original disk available on Spokyz page.

One of the reason that his page is down since a time is that he's checking all install to find which are crack or not.

I agree that even a disk without crack intro or modified bootblock doesn't means it's an original so don't ask me to explain how he could know the stuff...

BTW the crack intro miss me on the WHDLoad fix

Sheep tunes rulez...