English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 May 2017, 12:33   #81
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Do you plan to sell kits of the ATmega version?
Old 08 May 2017, 17:47   #82
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
Do you plan to sell kits of the ATmega version?
I'm not sure, it's possible, I will probably sell them assembled and as kits. The atmega I use is surface mount and will require soldering before it can be programmed. I will hopefully have everything figured out soon, I have a batch of circuit boards in production at the moment.

EDIT: Just have to wait for shipping now...

Last edited by MickGyver; 09 May 2017 at 09:13.
Old 09 May 2017, 14:54   #83
E-Penguin
Banana

I'm also very interested, keep us posted on the progress!
Old 31 January 2018, 11:16   #84
JohnABevan

Hi are you making the game pad if you are how much are you selling them for?
as I am no good at soldering.

Old 31 January 2018, 16:30   #85
Amiga1992

Man I missed out big on these for being broke, are you making any more kits?
Old 31 January 2018, 22:06   #86
leeuwtje

If you have complete pads I like to learn the price.
Old 01 February 2018, 13:00   #87
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I also wonder how did the custom PCB with the micro-controller go. I managed to get a few SNES controllers as parts in various states of brokenness recently.
Old 01 February 2018, 21:48   #88
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
I'm also very interested, keep us posted on the progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnABevan View Post
Hi are you making the game pad if you are how much are you selling them for?
as I am no good at soldering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Man I missed out big on these for being broke, are you making any more kits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuwtje View Post
If you have complete pads I like to learn the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
I also wonder how did the custom PCB with the micro-controller go. I managed to get a few SNES controllers as parts in various states of brokenness recently.
The microcontroller version (full replacement PCB for SNES gamepad clone) is finally ready. I have had a lot of issues with this project and have had to take breaks from it to keep my sanity. I will make a video soon to demonstrate how it works, it has some nice features so stay tuned . So far I have tested the gamepad successfully on the CD32 (various games), A1200 and A500.
Old 01 February 2018, 21:51   #89
Dopefish

I'm hyped! I just sent you a PM yesterday about it, so excellent timing
Old 01 February 2018, 22:35   #90
Amiga1992

GReat news!!!
Do you also have any of the old PCBs remaiing, to convert any other type of pad?
Old 02 February 2018, 10:59   #91
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
GReat news!!!
Do you also have any of the old PCBs remaiing, to convert any other type of pad?
I have at least two assembled PCBs that I don't need anymore since I have used the gamepad cases for the microprocessor version. I can sell them for the same price as the unsoldered ones, you can tell me in a private message how many you want!
Old 02 February 2018, 14:27   #92
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchmaster View Post
The microcontroller version (full replacement PCB for SNES gamepad clone) is finally ready. I have had a lot of issues with this project and have had to take breaks from it to keep my sanity. I will make a video soon to demonstrate how it works, it has some nice features so stay tuned . So far I have tested the gamepad successfully on the CD32 (various games), A1200 and A500.
Fantastic news! My body SNES gamepads and wallet are ready!
Old 12 February 2018, 11:23   #93
Dopefish

Witchmaster, how's that demonstration video coming along, and when do you think you'll be able to sell these?
Old 12 February 2018, 12:36   #94
EzdineG

Interested in a pair of these pcbs when available. Thanks!
Old 12 February 2018, 13:39   #95
MickGyver

Hi!

Here are some details about the gamepad I have been working on the past year! I call it the ProCon CD32 KTRL CD32. I was thinking about making a demonstration video but it felt out of scope so I'm writing a long post instead. If you are interested in getting one or more of these, see at the bottom of this post. I have a few ready built ones and I will order more parts as needed.

It looks like this:

The action buttons (and [UP] can be mapped between each other and turbo fire can be set up for any action button (and [UP]). The speed of turbo fire can be changed and you can store up to four presets (each face button holds a preset). An LED is used to help in configuring the gamepad. Electronically, the gamepad works the same as the original gamepad (automatically switching between CD32 mode and two button mode). This image shows an overview of the functions:

The instructions for the gamepad can be found here: http://daemonbite.com/files/ktrl/KTR...structions.pdf

The back also has a small "cheat sheet" that shows the info about the various functions:

The final version of the PCB has an ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold) finish. One of the prototype versions had a cheaper HASL finish, but the buttons are much more responsive with an ENIG finish.

Inside view of the gamepad:

The firmware of the gamepad can be updated using the available ICSP pins (needs a ICSP programmer like the USBasp which can be bought for ~2€).

Due to a bad power supply and bad capacitors on my A1200, the development process was slower than needed. I have also had a few versions of PCBs made with various problems etc. The implementation of the microprocessor (Atmega328p) emulates the shift register in the original gamepad. The other components are more or less the same as in the original gamepad to maximise compatibility. So far I have successfully tested the gamepad on my Amiga CD32, A1200 and A500.

Games I have tested (all games I have tested so far have worked for me but I can't guarantee that the gamepad will work for all games on all machines):

Official Releases:
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed: Tower Assault
Alien Breead 3D * (see note)
Banshee
Beneath a Steel Sky
Benefactor
Bubba n' Stix
Bumb n' Burn
Cannon Fodder
Captive 2: Liberation
Chaos Engine
Chuck Rock
D/Generation
Dangerous Streets
Dragonstone
Fury of the Furries
Guardian
Hero Quest 2: Legacy of Sorasil
James Pond 2: Robocod
James Pond 3: Operation Starfish
Mean Arenas
Pinball Illusions
Putty
Roadkill
Sensible Soccer 1.2: International Edition
Shadow Fighter
Skeleton Krew
Speedball 2
Super Methane Bros
Superfrog
Syndicate
Ultimate Body Blows ** (see note)
Wing Commander
Worms
Zool
Zool 2

*) Alien Breed 3D: One user couldn't get the buttons to work in the main menu of AB3D, in game the gamepad works. I'm unable to replicate the issue myself
**) Ultimate Body Blows: Small timing issue for the red button, the game still works but blocking pose of player character can flash when pressing the red button without doing anything else. I noticed the same effect with an original gamepad but it was maybe less frequent, I will investigate this further.

Unofficial releases:
4 Decades of Amiga Demos (Amigajay)
Cadaver (Bitmap Brothers Collection by Amigajay)
Gods (Bitmap Brothers Collection by Amigajay)
Heart of the Alien
Indy Heat (Indy Heat/Super Off Road by Amigajay)
Moonstone
Rally Championship (Isometric Racer Collection by Amigajay)
Sensible World of Soccer '95/'96 (Sensible Soccer Anthology)
Sensible World of Soccer '96/'97 (Sensible Soccer Anthology)
Solomon's Key
Solomns's Key 2
Time Gal
Worms: Director's Cut (Worms Collection)

Cover Discs:
CD32 Gamer Volume 6
+Bubble n' Squeak Demo
+Rise of the Robots Demo

Tools (A1200, A500):
JoyCheck (included with the official CD32 devkit)
JoyPortTest (lowlevel.library on and off) (http://aminet.net/package/driver/input/JoyPortTest.lha)
My own CD32 gamepad test tool made in Blitz Basic 2

Interested in getting one of these?
You have a few options in getting one of these gamepads. I'm offering preassembled/tested gamepads and two type of kits that you can build yourself. I can supply one assembled gamepad per order, if you want more, you will need to buy kits and assemble them yourself or find somebody that can assemble them for you. This way more people can get one of these. If I have time later, I can assemble a second gamepad for people who want it.

Please note! I'm doing this on the side of other work and projects and have quite a few orders already. You can declare interest in a PM and I will add you to my queue. The price for the full kit and assembled gamepads can vary somewhat depending on the cost of the parts, I don't have a reliable source for the gamepad cases and the cables.

Disclaimer! I have tried my best to make the KTRL CD32 gamepad as compatible as possible but I can't guarantee that it will work for all games on all machines. I can't accept a return if you find a game that doesn't work. I will, however, do my best to troubleshoot the issue. Please understand this before you order.

Known issues! I have had reports from some buyers having problems with the gamepad on A1200 Rev. 1D4 and A1200 Rev. 2B. I'm troubleshooting at the moment for a possible fix. Rev 2B is known to have problems with the CD32 gamepad in general.

Not accepting any more orders, sorry.

Assembled and tested:
Includes a fully assembled and tested gamepad.

Full Kit:
Includes all the parts you need to build one of these gamepads yourself. The Atmega328 comes preprogrammed. This will require the skill to solder SMD components. Do this at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for damage to your Amiga or the gamepad in result of soldering mistakes or bad assembly.

Partial Kit:
This kit includes the main PCB and trigger PCBs plus all the components needed, including a preprogrammed Atmega328. You will need to get a suitable snes style usb gamepad and a 9-pin cable yourself. This will require the skill to solder SMD components. Do this at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for damage to your Amiga or the gamepad in result of soldering mistakes or bad assembly.

Shipping costs:
Airmail shipping (no tracking) for one gamepad/full kit to Europe is 5€, 12€ for the rest of the world.
Airmail shipping for a gamepad + a full kit to Europe is 8.50€, for rest of world, express shipping will be cheaper.
Express shipping to anywhere in the world (tracking to some countries) is 17.50€ for up to two gamepads/full kits.
A partial kit can be shipped for 3€ to Europe and 4€ to the rest of the world.

Last edited by MickGyver; 28 July 2018 at 15:29. Reason: Updated terms
Old 12 February 2018, 13:42   #96
wiz12

Looks really good, I would be interested in one Preassembled and tested gamepad.

EDIT: Payment Sent.

Last edited by wiz12; 12 February 2018 at 14:55. Reason: Payment sent
Old 12 February 2018, 14:12   #97
Amigajay

Hey Mikael, many thanks i received my Joypad today looks great! It also has a very nice weight to it, something the official pad lacked.
Looking forward to trying out to map and turbo functions in some games. I have posted a pic on twitter and linked this thread for others if they want to buy a pad, good luck with sales, i know CD32 owners have been dying out for a new pad!
Old 12 February 2018, 15:17   #98
spudje

Ooh nice. I'll consider two of these when I get my next salary
Old 12 February 2018, 16:13   #99
victor_cc

I'm interested in one Preassembled and tested unit. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!
Old 12 February 2018, 18:22   #100
Dopefish

I'm interested in four preassembled controllers. Sending you a PM