English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 04 April 2009, 12:42   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
I thought Amigakit said they would email previous owners of the kit the updated software once it was ready anyone get theirs yet..I havent
The auto emailing system is still being worked on.
Old 04 April 2009, 12:46   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob27 View Post
Can anyone recommend a CF Card for this as the 256meg one i have doesnt work with it. When i try to prepare my card it says its write protected!!

Thanks
Rob.
I have a 256MB Viking CF that works fine.

Oh hang on. Your doing it again, your being cryptic.

What do you mean by PREPARE?

Normally, you insert card. It shows on WB screen, sometimes as CF0:NDOS. You simply highlight the NDOS icon, rightclick on icon drop down menu. Then select format, then in format options, select "quick format".
It should then work fine.
Old 04 April 2009, 18:07   #23
Rob27

The Card does not appear at all when the amiga boots workbench. IF you do (i think) Tools prepar card... it detects the card and you can say format card etc but then it says its write protected :?
Old 04 April 2009, 18:54   #24
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob27 View Post
The Card does not appear at all when the amiga boots workbench. IF you do (i think) Tools prepar card... it detects the card and you can say format card etc but then it says its write protected :?
Simply pull PCMCIA adapter out, then push it back in.
It will then show up on the WB, select its icon, then quick format it.

Dont use the Tools/Prepare Card, to format it.
Old 02 June 2009, 19:27   #25
demether

Hi,

I've got the same problem with a PRETEC compact flash card (512mo), formated in fat16 (like my fully working EMTEC CF card).

When I insert it in the PCMCIA driver, nothing appears on the workbench. I tried to find a solution, using Directory opus : the software says "not dos disk".

When I try Prepcard, the utility see the card (reference, size) but I can't do anything too.

I tried your solution (unplug and plug the pcmcia adapter, etc...the card does not appear.

ANy idea of solution ? thank you a lot.

Old 02 June 2009, 20:41   #26
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

You havent said if you have tried another CF card or tried the format command (to see if that see's it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by demether View Post
Hi,

I've got the same problem with a PRETEC compact flash card (512mo), formated in fat16 (like my fully working EMTEC CF card).

When I insert it in the PCMCIA driver, nothing appears on the workbench. I tried to find a solution, using Directory opus : the software says "not dos disk".

When I try Prepcard, the utility see the card (reference, size) but I can't do anything too.

I tried your solution (unplug and plug the pcmcia adapter, etc...the card does not appear.

ANy idea of solution ? thank you a lot.
Old 02 June 2009, 21:14   #27
demether

Hi,

I'm using a EMTEC 2go compact flash card, it works flawlessly on my amiga pcmcia adapter

I can't format the PRETEC 512mo compact flash card on the amiga gui , because I can't see any icon on the workbench. I don't know how to do it in cli command line.

I tried to format the disk with directory opus : the software says me the card is non DOS, and can't format it.

Under CLI , I tried to go on the card ( "cd CF0:") the system says "not dos disk" too.

But this card is Ok, because it works (read-write) on my linux and windows xp computers.

thank you !

Old 02 June 2009, 23:30   #28
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Hi,

I'm using a EMTEC 2go compact flash card, it works flawlessly on my amiga pcmcia adapter

I can't format the PRETEC 512mo compact flash card on the amiga gui , because I can't see any icon on the workbench. I don't know how to do it in cli command line.

I tried to format the disk with directory opus : the software says me the card is non DOS, and can't format it.

Under CLI , I tried to go on the card ( "cd CF0:") the system says "not dos disk" too.

But this card is Ok, because it works (read-write) on my linux and windows xp computers.

thank you !
Then its not compatbile with PCMCIA adapter.
Some cards are, some arent, nothing can be done about it.
Old 03 June 2009, 00:16   #29
skateblind
Village Idiot

I had a similar problem, I am using a CF Card Adapter like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CF-to-44-Pin-L...3A1|240%3A1318

---------------
When I inserted the card in my amiga it did not appear, so I could not format it on the Amiga. I had to stick it in my computer and format/partition it through WinUAE.

I used KG's guide on formatting an HD with SFS(Smart File System).
http://wiki.abime.net/amiga:killergo...winuae_realhdd
Old 03 June 2009, 00:37   #30
demether

OK, thank you, I get the idea. But I'll need to buy a 2.5"-3.5 " ide adapter to try that (I've already ordered a IDE 2.5" CF adapter), I think.

Old 03 June 2009, 02:37   #31
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
OK, thank you, I get the idea. But I'll need to buy a 2.5"-3.5 " ide adapter to try that (I've already ordered a IDE 2.5" CF adapter), I think.

HUH?!?!?!

Think skate just threw a spanner in the works.

We are NOT talking about IDE 2 CF adapters, we are talking about PCMCIA Adapters, that plug into the left side of Miggy.
Old 03 June 2009, 21:21   #32
skateblind
Village Idiot

Don't go buy a CF adapter cause it won't help. I just said that so you know what config I am using.

What I meant was that you need to format it or something with an amiga filesystem before it MAY work. The card did not appear on workbench in my real machine, but when I stuck the card in my PC and mounted it in WinUAE, it did show as, "NDOS" or something like that. I then followed KG's guide I mentioned in my previous post and when I stuck it back in my real machine, it worked.

So the card my not work in your real machine, but it may work if you mount it and format it through WinUAE.

I apologise for butting in, but I thought my experience might shed some light on your problem.
Old 04 June 2009, 15:19   #33
demether

thank you for the answer. Can I mount the CF card in WinUAE on a USB cf adapter ?

EDIT : I "mounted" it in winUAE like a virtual hardrive, and tried to format it, I 've got the same error like the real amiga.

So I think the card is not useable. Not too bad, I paid it 3.50euros

thank you again for the help.

dimitri

Last edited by demether; 04 June 2009 at 15:36.

Old 04 June 2009, 21:59   #34
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
thank you for the answer. Can I mount the CF card in WinUAE on a USB cf adapter ?

EDIT : I "mounted" it in winUAE like a virtual hardrive, and tried to format it, I 've got the same error like the real amiga.

So I think the card is not useable. Not too bad, I paid it 3.50euros

thank you again for the help.

dimitri
What error are you getting?

Did you mount it as a "harddrvive"?