English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 November 2003, 15:41   #1
Amiga1992

Mayhem's Magic Dust - Mayhem in Monsterland remake!!

Quote:
Mayhem’s Magic Dust is currently under development by myself (graphics) and Rob Ellis (programming). This topic will be posted with game info, screen shots and updates about some of the more interesting things that happen while we finish off work on the game.

Please feel free to ask questions... although we may not want to answer ;]

Steve Rowlands
Lifted this from the Lemon Forums, being developed for a concept phone and then ported to Series 60 phones and PC! it's looking purdy! Check out this screenshot.

Obviously Steve Rowlands is of the original team who made Mayhem on the C64.

This news officially make Amigaboy a happy boi
Old 28 November 2003, 16:09   #2
Amigaboy

Quote:
Posted by Akira

Partially. I've been keeping up with the Rowlands boys over at Lemon ever since 7-Zark-7 told me they were there. When I first heard of a new Mayhem game, I thought great. Then Steve revealed it'll be on phones....D'oh! The graphics are spiffy. They keep the same feel as the C64. With that said, phone screens are tiny and there's too much happening on screen, judging from the screens I've seen. With the limited screen space, it's wise to avoid clutter.

Nevertheless, I'll be buying it since I didn't get to buy Mayhem the first time around. Now all I need is a phone.

Old 28 November 2003, 17:34   #3
Amiga1992

Wait for the PC version
Old 28 November 2003, 21:14   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Re: Mayhem's Magic Dust - Mayhem in Monsterland remake!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I bet as much as me: IF AND ONLY IF it gets released, *not* arousing loads of anticipation beforehand.

Too many times it's happened in the past that releases of remakes were announced, people went "jubilating" like mad and then all of a sudden, people got taken down a peg!
NOTHING in fact ... despite all pushing!

So that's the way to believe in those kinds of "advertising campaigns".
A down-to-earth way, preferably, in order to keep (lasting) deception within a clear extent.

Last edited by andreas; 28 November 2003 at 21:22.
Old 28 November 2003, 23:20   #5
Amiga1992

I thikn that if the concept phone doesn't get developed, they will surely port it to Series 60, and if all that fails, there's the PC. I believe that if all commercial efforts fail, they would release them into PD. They are great guys and support their comunity
Old 29 November 2003, 15:16   #6
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I wonder why Jon Rowlands isn't part of the dev crew? (Nothing against Rob "1/3 of Retrograde" Ellis, of course!)

I can only guess that the development costs for GBA,(or even Sony PSP), would've made them non-starters. But it certainly has potential-roll on the PC version! Which will be turned into a 3D DoomIII-esque GFX visual feast just for Akira!!!