Old 05 May 2011, 16:59   #81
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Old 05 May 2011, 17:12   #82
BrooksterMax

Keeping it Amiga -

Magic Pockets was too slow and rubbish looking for me.
Walker was too hard, even though I love Psygnosis!

However loads of people hated Captain Planet but it was my most played Cartoon Classics game with my A500+
Old 05 May 2011, 18:08   #83
Castelian

Aaargh! is an excellent port on the Amiga, but I never hear anyone mention it. I think it rocks. If only they made it 2-player like its DOS and IIGS counterparts, but even without that its a lot of fun.
Old 05 May 2011, 19:48   #84
Djay
95th User

Sensi soccer... Not a fan of football and if I was gonna play that kind of sports game it would be speedball 2
Old 05 May 2011, 22:28   #85
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Games i actually despise the most are Amiga platformers or shooters that tried to be like console games but on Amiga.Amiga was better when it did it's own thing .That said i really like Apidya though that may also be because of the excellent music

Too many to mention platformers on console were also predictably lame each time for essentially being exactly like the last one that also followed the generic template.Very few genuinely good platformers for console

On Amiga that would be Super frog, Zools

Most Team17 games i dislike a lot.They have a serious amount of polish overall but aren't honestly amazing games. The only ones i like are Alien Breed(and even then the game isn't really all that fantastic) and ATR.Worms is fine as a game in the same way Scorched Tanks is, but the so called humor is cringe worthy.Body Blows is shite and probably only accepted because there wasn't anything else

Jaguar - tried to like this many times but unlike Lotus it has a zero physics driving model .Looks and sounds real nice but terrible game

Xenon 2 - is crap i think but again looks nice

Simon the Sorcerer .I couldn't stand the naff humor and it proves not everybody can make a Monkey Island
Old 05 May 2011, 22:39   #86
s2325
Zone Friend

I think Xenon II could be better if faster as you can see on this video: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 May 2011, 00:36   #87
OldB0y

Sensi soccer, and indeed most other football games - always got thrashed by all but the most inept opponent - my hatred of real football probably didn't help me want to try and get better at any of them. I haven't played any football games at all since the PS1 days.

Elite - specifically the Amiga version. Loved this on the BBC B, played it to death. The Amiga/ST ports were possibly the laziest ports ever, everything from the controls to the graphics just felt wrong and nowhere near what they could/should have been. As mentioned earlier Archimedes Elite is what the Ami one should have been like.

Any Street fighter/MK type game, especially on the Ami - really poor ports by and large, not really a fan of the genre anyway though.

Lazy arcade ports/film tie-ins in general - Ocean software, I'm mostly looking at you! The Amiga (hell even the ST half the time) could do so much better than 90% of their output. Of course there was the odd exception, I seem to recall Batman - especially the driving bits - was okay. Also bizarrely Robocop 3 - actually quite ambitious and pretty innovative at the time - was loads better than the film it was based on (not exactly a difficult achievement admittedly). Before anyone points out that most of these weren't 'well liked by the masses or popular games', I can assure you they sold plenty (unfortunately).

Any game with Turri... in the title....nah, just kidding - loved em
Old 06 May 2011, 10:39   #88
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Any footbal related game. And golf. And other sports. Except Brutal Footbal and Speedbal 1 and 2, which I like.
Old 06 May 2011, 11:20   #89
humble worm

I dislike racing games and pinballs, both genres seem to be quite popular
Old 07 May 2011, 15:01   #90
mikele

Monkey Island doesnt cut it for me, too. The problem is I totally skipped it on my Amiga in early 90s when I was a teen, tried that several times later on PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad and I don't get hooked on it at all. It tries to be funny and the result is just over the top. Reminds of B grade movies' humor.
Old 07 May 2011, 15:34   #91
hitchhikr

Ik+ (2 minutes tops of mere & repetitive entertainment doesn't make a game).
Old 08 May 2011, 05:04   #92
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchhikr View Post
Ik+ (2 minutes tops of mere & repetitive entertainment doesn't make a game).
hmm not forgetting the seemingly non working block that nobody ever appears to notice

Is there anyone on here able to do a youtube demonstrating the so called working IK+ block.Maybe i'm doing it all wrong but when my fighter sticks his hand up in front of his face to block, i expect at that point not to be ko'd by a flying kick.People mention often how good this game is but never of this blocking issue- do people even play defensively at all in this game or is it more about randomly spamming moves like some mad man
Old 08 May 2011, 11:09   #93
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

Lemmings in any flavor and all RPGs around....
Old 08 May 2011, 15:42   #94
filmjölkszombin
Banned

hired guns
Old 09 May 2011, 15:08   #95
trip2themoon

Starfox/Starwing.

After playing the likes of Total Eclipse and Castle Master on the Amiga and ST I found Starfox/Starwing to be limited and boring. It was even jerky too...

Kick Off 2 and Sensible Soccer. I never saw what all the fuss was about. They were just another pair of boring-arsed football games to me...

Old 10 May 2011, 10:21   #96
Hewitson

I didn't think Starwing was a bad game.

In my opinion the most overrated game on the Amiga is definitely Xenon 2.
Old 10 May 2011, 12:47   #97
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
I believe that if this thread runs for a few years, everyone's favorite games will turn out to be hated by someone else.
Old 10 May 2011, 13:27   #98
humble worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
In my opinion the most overrated game on the Amiga is definitely Xenon 2.
Hmmm... everyone says its overrated nowadays

I like it mostly because of gfx and sound (one of first amiga games with decent gfx imho). I load it from time to time just to watch and listen. My daughter likes the shopkeeper
Old 10 May 2011, 13:31   #99
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

It was the full title tune that made us ignore that the game isn't *that* awesome I remember that I fired the game up many times, just to listen to that song and then switched my A500 off right after it ended...
Old 11 May 2011, 17:48   #100
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.

most games that people consider "amazing classics" just give me nothing more than a hateful feeling of utter hatred due to just being boring crap.

\o/ LET'S NAME SOME! \o/

xenon - grey? what? um.. yeah.. "but.. that's the game that turned me on to the amiga!" "it's still crap"
xenon2 - lolwut? and for those who complete the game BEST ENDING EVER! (no) and the same bloody ner ner ner nr nr ner ner ner tune all the way through ffs, bomb the one trick pony more like (hated it then, btw, not just because it's cool to hate it now).
project-x yawnsome, vacant, loadfest "arcade quality" my ass.

also, I hate any game that has an "atmospheric single sample looping background noise in lieu of music" <- that's not atmospheric, it's lazy.

in regards to games, generally I probably hate it, not because hate is cool, which it is, but because the games suck.

there are some I like a lot, but this thread is all about the hate, so no love love today! come back tomorrow! love shop closed!

oh.. I know what else I hated too

Lame ST Ports of games that were an embarrassment to the ST to start with never mind the amiga, but that's not really the point of this thread either, so I'm going to go eat some more nurnberger sausages in innapropriate recipes.