English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 March 2011, 19:55   #21
BippyM
Global Moderator

Hi LuMan

I also went to Wilmorton college and I too also live in Nottingham We should maybe get together sometime.

I know it isn't too late to learn and I have been doing some tinkering recently with asm. My problem is finding the time to do all this, I work stupid shifts, I have a daughter with my current partner and 3 sons from a previous relationship, so any spare time I have is effectively used up with the family. Still I will keep on tinkering and I simply lack confidence (I reckon if pressed I could do some basic asm stuff)
Old 10 March 2011, 19:35   #22
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Hey bippym

Wow - seems you've got a lot on your plate already; juggling a home life with kids is quite a feat. Mucho respectos for that

Good idea to get together. It'll be good to chat all things Amiga with someone who knows what I'm on about (my other half does a good job of pretending to be enthusiastic, but I know it's more out of duty than interest!! ). I suppose that's what these forums are for, after all.

I'll bung you a PM
Old 10 March 2011, 20:45   #23
pmc
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Still I will keep on tinkering and I simply lack confidence (I reckon if pressed I could do some basic asm stuff)
Keep going bippym - you can definitely do it After all, what's the worst that can happen? The code crashes or doesn't do what you think it might? No need to worry about that - fixing those things is the best way to learn!

Oh, and my offer still stands - for you or anyone else for that matter.

@ LuMan - nice site!
Old 10 March 2011, 22:08   #24
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

@pmc - you're too kind (although I think you're being polite!!)

I knocked it up in about 15 minutes. Coincidentally web programming was something I wished I'd spent more time on. Always had big dreams of designing the next killer website but, despite working for a huge ISP, I never got around to it! So, I carried on coding in raw HTML, like I did with my first website - put together on my A1200, though
Old 11 March 2011, 04:08   #25
BippyM
Global Moderator

Cheers guys

LuMan I will reply to your PM tomorrow evening (Fri) as I have just got in from work

pmc: I always have the same issues, I have done a couple of whdinstalls, and with Stings help got them running, I have also done some other stuff, just not actually started anything.. I will get started asap.. Just refreshing my memory atm
Old 11 March 2011, 04:29   #26
Pyromania

Create Hottie in 1993 instead of 2003 so she could be in some retro Amiga games.
Old 11 March 2011, 20:32   #27
Monsterland

Would've learn how to draw pretty things electronically. I was pretty good with the pencil but couldn't be arsed to learn how to draw using computers as I was too much busy playing games on them.
Old 11 March 2011, 21:20   #28
Paul_s

Bought 10 copies of Turrican 2 shrink wrapped so I could sell them on eBay for £100 each

Bought 10 copies of Moonstone shrink wrapped so I could sell them on eBay for £500 like someone on eBay does...

Goto dance classes when I was 4 or 5...

Not eat any rubbish...

Brush my teeth daily...

Have my dad back...

Not speak like a pleb to that girl who found my home telephone number at college asking me out on a date and me being a pleb not knowing what to say!

That other girl who wanted to date me and me doing exactly the same thing! 1+1=2!

Trading in my Amiga 500... such a bad mistake!
Old 12 March 2011, 00:35   #29
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Boy, I wish I'd got 10 shrink-wrapped copies of Radiant Silvergun!! I could retire and build BRAND NEW AMIGAs
Old 12 March 2011, 02:13   #30
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
I would have got into retro computer collecting in the early 90's instead of 2001, would have been able to get true rarities from the 70's and early 80's for nothing.

Saved the boxes to my old DOS PC games instead of tossing them, also collected more my friends were junking.

Been more confident with women when I was 18, should be married and devorced a few times by now.

Invested more money into gold and silver when I had the chance in the late 90's, same with Apple stock in 2000.

Learned to program on the C64 or 286 PC instead of playing only games (I was learning to program on my Timex 2068 because there were few games but warez on the C64 killed that).

Purchase a decent camera so I would have pictures of my travels when I was younger.