English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 06 January 2005, 19:41   #61
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatron
???
I didn`t know that there was a PSX version of JAMES POND. I saw it in your collection. Is this a 3d something like that shit game?
It's 2d... basically the same as the GBA but with bigger playfield because of higher resolution.

here is a pic of the psx version:
Old 06 January 2005, 19:44   #62
Shoonay
Global Caturator

AFAIK these are too:

Mortal Kombat 2
International Karate +

...and [Project X2 No Relief]
Old 06 January 2005, 20:04   #63
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
AFAIK these are too:

Mortal Kombat 2
International Karate +

...and [Project X2 No Relief]
yes there is an psx version of IK+ also

Just posted the following email reply on another Commodore forum but might aswell post it here... it's from the programmer of the GBA and psx versions of IK+.
"
Hi Stefan,
Unfortunately, it's just like the GBA version, it's a direct port from the Atari ST version, that's what the publisher wanted, they had to get it out in the shops before Game take the PS1 games off the shelf. ;(
When they asked me to do it, I said that I wanted to do it my way, and update it, enhance the graphics, and bring it uptodate, in looks, as it looks very dated, but Archer Maclean wanted it to be a direct port, with no changes, as he wasn't happy with the version that was done by Studio 3, not to mention that he didn't give them the rights to do it. so besides the fact it had to be done quickly, because of Game, it also had to be done with NO changes to the original graphics.
Which I hated doing, cos I so badly wanted to bring it new life.
Anyways, enough of my babbling, as you probably don't want to know all that. lol
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jim "

Old 07 January 2005, 19:21   #64
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lindberg
It's 2d... basically the same as the GBA but with bigger playfield because of higher resolution.

here is a pic of the psx version:

Old 08 January 2005, 00:46   #65
oldpx

I just checked the gba version, with an emu though. It's not as good as the amiga version. For starters, copper background is gone, replaced by a black layer. Then I noticed that I could no longer head left in the first level for the secret exit because it was removed. I don't see the point of releasing robocod this way in 2005. Maybe it'll get better if I play more but I'd rather use my amiga. But if the levels are completely different which is I am yet to check then it might worth playing. Explains the missing secret exit.

Last edited by oldpx; 08 January 2005 at 00:54.