English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 March 2017, 01:42   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

New Independent Periodical "in the style of" Amiga Power

I have been spending the last month working really hard on putting together a magazine to be published regularly, hopefully monthly but possibly bi-monthly or quarterly depending on how we go producing the first couple of issues.

The Power Magazine is a publication for SteamOS gaming. Although obviously any SteamOS games are also available for Windows, so any PC gamer should be able to get something out of our pages. And also we cover vintage systems as emulation is one of the main ways Linux users traditionally play games on their system.

Indeed the Amiga will feature quite heavily in the first issue to be published in April, as well as the special edition issue zero which is due in just under one week from now. We have adjusted our release schedule to the first of every month. So this news is quite relevant to the Amiga.

Especially considering that for issue one we plan on releasing a real Amiga coverdisk, which will also be available for download as an ADF and possibly LHA as a tribute to our heritage.

Please not that the actual cover for The Power Magazine issue zero may vary. For example the "outrageous claims" will most likely appear inside the magazine and not on the cover.

Last edited by Anakirob; 22 March 2017 at 07:39. Reason: Adjusted release schedule
Old 18 March 2017, 12:59   #2
Anakirob
Unregistered User

[obsolete information, dead links]

Last edited by Anakirob; 29 June 2017 at 11:20. Reason: Adjusted release schedule
Old 18 March 2017, 13:30   #3
thedevilbunny

Looks great! Good luck man, can't wait to give it a look!
Old 22 March 2017, 07:45   #4
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Exclamation

I have edited previous posts with updated news regarding our release schedule, so though this may be worth a bump so that anyone who had taken note of the original release date may be kept up to date.

Last edited by Anakirob; 29 June 2017 at 11:19.
Old 28 March 2017, 02:37   #5
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Last edited by Anakirob; 29 June 2017 at 11:17.
Old 28 March 2017, 02:52   #6
Pyromania

I'm looking forward to reading it when it comes out.
Old 28 March 2017, 18:38   #7
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
Updated Website.
Coming Soon
[big fat cover]
This cover image is by Krzysztof Matys, for the posterity ^^
Old 29 March 2017, 09:32   #8
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
This cover image is by Krzysztof Matys, for the posterity ^^
Oops, sorry I forgot to mention that. He is also currently working on our layout as Art Editor is also something I should mention also
Old 01 April 2017, 08:32   #9
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Exclamation

"Well..." - Rappin' Ronnie Regan

Last edited by Anakirob; 29 June 2017 at 11:16. Reason: From the; town of Springfield; he's about to hit a chestnut tree :P
Old 29 June 2017, 10:54   #10
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Ok, so we have obviously missed our deadline of having some paper printed up before the "summer" :(if it's summer right now then why is it so bloody cold outside my apartment?). But that does not mean that this project is dead by any means. More that I have tired of the EAB community as myself and many others feel that you are all a bunch of "old nags" (iby which I mean you are all 'C words'!).

Anyway despite me not blowing a bunch of hot air up your collective anuses I can assure you that this Steam train is very much in motion and our revised ETA is Christmas 2017 for issue one.

Also System of Sound dot org is not dead at all, it was only sleeping, much like the lion in the famous song. "A whim oh whey ah whim oh whey ah whim oh whey ah whim oh whey" (:etcetera;) and we have big bold plans, but unlike Phase5 we are working behind the scenes, in particular I am somewhat involved in beta testing both SteamOS and the Alienware Steam Machine which is as rewarding as it is frustrating! :(I am currently locked out of my account because my phone died and I cannot access Steam Guard!), And there are also OS and HW development projects, but those are being kept under my hat, so you'll all just have to wait. "Keep your pants on mate" (: as we Taswegians might say !)

Anyway, if you have nothing better to do then why not search Google, Failbook or Youtube for THCtv. I have totally bumped into a few of these guys around my local town, and I must say that whatever your crew can do we Tassie boys can do better mother fucker, so suck it suckers!

Bye ;)
Signed
Robert "Ed" O'Malley
Old 29 June 2017, 10:56   #11
Amigajay

You came back for what exactly?....
Old 29 June 2017, 11:48   #12
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
You came back for what exactly?....
Is it not obvious?

To provide up to date information you bloody buggery bell-end bitch!
Old 29 June 2017, 11:58   #13
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
Is it not obvious?

To provide up to date information you bloody buggery bell-end bitch!
You seriously think people will bother with any of your work after you come on here abusing people?!
Old 29 June 2017, 12:50   #14
DamienD
Banned

Woah, woah, woah... easy sunshine.

Don't really get the point of your post Anakirob... There's no need to be slagging off the community, calling us all the 'C word' and swearing like a trooper.

...thread moved out of the News section.

Careful how you proceed, you're lucky I don't give you a temporary ban. Please calm down
Old 29 June 2017, 12:58   #15
Robbie

phew, that escalated quickly. Personally, I don't find irreverence appealing.