English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 November 2011, 07:35   #1
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

EasyNet wireless card from AmigaKit problems..

Hey everyone,

Once again I come to you with problems... Because nothing ever works out of the box or is easily fixable..
I recently purchased the Easy net wireless PCMCIA kit from amigakit and tried setting it up today by following the manual.
My setup is as follows: A1200 with blizzard 1260+scsi kit running an external scsi cd-rom drive. Kickstart 3.1, Amiga OS 3.9 no boing bags since they cause my Amiga to crash (!?).
So anyway, after everything is setup I reboot and get this error during booting:

C:SetPrism2Defaults failed return code 20
Object name invalid

Then after everything boots I open easy net and click on go online. Then this message box pops up:

AmiTCP/IP version 3 or later must be started first.

* * * * * * * * *Exit AmiTCP:Bin/IFConfig* * * * * * *

So I click the "exit..." button twice and get the same message but different exit button:

* * * * * * * * * Exit AmiTCP:Bin/Route* * * * * * *

I tried changing the user-startup sequence by deleting the one AmiTCP assign since os 3.9 put an assign for AmiTCP in there for Genisis. I figured maybe the two were conflicting with one another.. I also made sure that the assign for easy net AmiTCP was correct (which it was).
Anyway, I could really use some help here guys because i dont want to contact amigakit just yet.. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited by Synthesize Me; 24 November 2011 at 07:39. Reason: spelling error
Old 24 November 2011, 14:10   #2
amigakit.com

It looks like you have not entered your wireless settings correctly into the Wireless Configuration window:

Once you have entered information click SAVE button
Old 26 November 2011, 10:23   #3
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

I'll give this a try when I finally get some free time away from my girlfriend tomorrow hopefully!
Thanks a bunch for the tip, I'll let everybody know if it works out.

I just thought it was strange that it said amitcp/ip needed to be started first...
Old 26 November 2011, 14:00   #4
amigakit.com

That error message will appear when something is generally not configured properly.
Old 06 October 2013, 04:01   #5
Vicky

Error Messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
That error message will appear when something is generally not configured properly.
No, that is not the fix. I am having the exact same problems. Same everything.
Old 19 July 2014, 01:54   #6
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthesize Me View Post
Object name invalid
This problem is not about the card itself. It seems to be related with some patch causing incompatibility.
Did you find what was causing this? I'm having the same problem with the old version of prism2.device. It seems like I have something (a patch probably) causing this. Will try on a fresh Os3.9 partion.
Old 19 July 2014, 14:07   #7
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
This problem is not about the card itself. It seems to be related with some patch causing incompatibility.
Did you find what was causing this? I'm having the same problem with the old version of prism2.device. It seems like I have something (a patch probably) causing this. Will try on a fresh Os3.9 partion.
That error is because your still trying to use the old prisma command. You need to remove it from startup as prisma v2.2 driver uses wirelessmanager now, if i recall.
Old 13 August 2014, 01:30   #8
ncafferkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
If you really want to use the old prism2.device (WEP only), an error from SetPrism2Defaults usually means it was given the wrong parameters. If you want further advice on this, paste the full command line here.