English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 10 May 2003, 03:41   #1
turkamigaman

Evil grin Sharing GPRS internet Pc to Amiga

I have a Pc, connected to net by GPRS via USB port.
I have 3 Amigas near Pc. A2000 with ImpactVision 24
040/33 18 Mb Ram. 4 SCSI HD&CDRW. , A1200 040/40 66 Mb with HD + CDRW , A1200 030/50 34 Mb.
HD also.
PHP Code:
How can I share Gprs connection on my Pc with Amigas 
for all my family connect net simultaneously. At Izmir its not bad (sometimes 7Kb per second download.) and free and also I decide to Hub with 4 Gprs Phones for gather speed at least 20Kb per second for all my amigas

Thanks for all advice for solve the problem and/or opinions about

Please do not use signatures in your posts. Configure your UserCP instead. -Admin

Old 11 May 2003, 13:45   #2
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

You should be able to share it the same way you'd share any net connection, you need to link at least one of the Amigas via a network cable to the PC, and then set the PC as a proxy connection for the Amiga.

You'll also need to make sure you've enabled connection sharing on the PC, but that's not always required (it's a PC so anything could happen).

That should give you a networked Amiga/PC, and the rest of the Amigas you can join either via serial or parallel connections - personally I'd go for the parallel, their harder to make/set up but you can get better transfer speeds with lower overhead.
Old 11 May 2003, 17:35   #3
turkamigaman

Really! . Is it as easy as you explain . I thought I have to buy Pcmcia ethernet card for my both A1200 and Zorro one for my A2000 . If you are sure what you mean I am very lucky because I wrote my problem here and let you see it and share your experience with me. How can I let my Parallel or serial connected 2 of Amigas recognize internet connection on ethernet connected one.

I will connect one off A1200 via pcmcia ethernet card to Pc. And this A1200 connected to A2000 via parallel port. How my A2000 recognize and connect internet. Which program and settings I need.

Please help me some more

Old 12 May 2003, 00:20   #4
kriz

yeah I think you are right about getting a pcmcia cards for the 1200 and zorro card for 2000. There are many pcmcia cards that works on the amiga (check Cnet Device on aminet, driver for pcmcia cards)

You can use a program like WinGate on the pc, for internet sharing (I used this before on Win98) ...

Then you must install some TCP/IP software on the amiga, Miami or Genesis (comes with OS3.9) gets you on the network and on the net!!

Cnet:ftp://de.aminet.net/pub/aminet/hard/...cnetdevice.lha

You also find miami and genesis demos on aminet ...
Old 12 May 2003, 07:42   #5
turkamigaman

Smile

Thank you very much for help me to solve this problem. I am still waiting more opinion from syko also. Because I dont think I can find ZorroII ethernet card at Turkey. Now let me explain why I am seriosly messaging about that.

At Turkey 160 hours net connection stoles whole my earnings if I use PTSN. But No limit GPRS connection for 1 cell 3Euro. I also want my children practise English and Deutch via internet. So we need at least 3 connection. I decide to 4 multiply GPRS cell on USB ports of Pc. And share it my 3 Amiga ( 2 A1200 and A2000)

If I solve the problem, everybody will be online 16 hours a day all summer long.

Thank you everbody for opinions will come... Or think about to help.

Old 13 May 2003, 16:59   #6
Syko

You can use serial/parallel networking tools on the Amiga to access whichever Amiga has the network card, this keeps it as cheap as possible However if you use PCMCIA and zorro network cards, you can set up a proper network, so every one can use the PC as a proxy. But you'll still have to connect any A500's using serial and/or parallel

If you've got the cash, (and can get the cards!) then go for all Amigas networked thruogh 10baseT , otherwise serial and/or parallel networking will get the job done.
Old 13 May 2003, 22:07   #7
turkamigaman

Wink

Hi Syko,
Thanks lot for whole helpful advise. May be I'll connect both A1200s only via Pcmcia to Pc. I don't think I can find any ZorroII card for my 2000. Still I can't find any pcmcia ethernet card for them. All I found 32bit I cards But I think I can find soon.

Thanks lot everybody.

Please do not use signatures in your posts. Configure your UserCP instead. -Admin

Old 21 May 2003, 17:39   #8
Syko

Checking through my Amiga Format CD collection I found a little util called 'Connect' it only works with one additional amiga , but it does exactly what you want. So I've zipped it up and uploaded it to the zone .

Hope it helps, the url for contact is 404'd but you never know!