English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 20 June 2017, 20:29   #21
PeterK

It seems you are right, Mike.

I've extracted both *.msi files and scanned the contents for these remaining files, but they don't exist in the installers.

So, it was probably the Software Director that has downloaded them when I did my first update to AF 7-1-32-0. Later I also used the updated installer to get the corrected help file, too. Sorry, it has nothing to do with the games section. That was a wrong assumption.
Old 21 June 2017, 18:24   #22
Saghalie

OS4.1FE - Configuration problem?

Well, got my beta yesterday! Tried to install it separately from my current setup but ... nope.

I copied over my current OS4.1FE configuration and ran it without any problems - although Internet is real slow.

I decided to create a new .rp9 from scratch. When booting up from the configuration, I cannot boot from the CD; AmigaForever states that it can't determine whether or not it's a boot device (On media tab). So I stuck the floppy in there and booted.

I now get an error that says the process "Mount" using the function "MatchWord()" is accessing a system function in a way that is contrary to normal system processes.

image attached.

Is this something that AmigaForever is responsible for or is this something that Hyperion will have to address?

It's kind of weird that a previously working .rp9 works but trying to get one from scratch doesn't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	53500  

Last edited by DH; 14 November 2017 at 17:20. Reason: Deleted direct signature
Old 22 June 2017, 15:33   #23
mcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saghalie View Post
I decided to create a new .rp9 from scratch. When booting up from the configuration, I cannot boot from the CD; Amiga Forever states that it can't determine whether or not it's a boot device (On media tab).
I had a look at your configuration, thank you.

Two tips to improve performance:

- Instead of mounting the ISO image in Windows, and then mounting that virtual drive in Amiga Forever, I would mount the ISO image directly in Amiga Forever (in the Media tab for the title, or at runtime, via the CD icon).

- Set SCSI & IDE to "CyberStorm PPC", rather than "Synthetic (automatic)"

The reason why it didn't boot is because the bootable disc was not DH0. Use the up arrow in the Media tab to fix this. Automatic bootability detection should also work fine, once the above two points are taken care of. Among other things, Amiga Forever scans the actual ISO image, which however is lost if you mount the Windows virtual drive. We are working to improve detection in the original scenario you had configured as well.

If you are setting up your own PPC configuration from scratch in Amiga Forever, rather than starting from "Amiga 4000 PPC", here are some tips:

Installing a PowerPC OS in Amiga Forever

(a new version of the page is set to be published tomorrow, incorporating your feedback)
Old 22 June 2017, 16:58   #24
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
I had a look at your configuration, thank you.

Two tips to improve performance:

- Instead of mounting the ISO image in Windows, and then mounting that virtual drive in Amiga Forever, I would mount the ISO image directly in Amiga Forever (in the Media tab for the title, or at runtime, via the CD icon).

- Set SCSI & IDE to "CyberStorm PPC", rather than "Synthetic (automatic)"
Thought I had already did that... I must of changed it when I was troubleshooting.

Quote:
The reason why it didn't boot is because the bootable disc was not DH0.
My configuration shows that it is DH0 - was there something else that made it look like it was DH0 but in reality it wasn't?

Quote:
If you are setting up your own PPC configuration from scratch in Amiga Forever, rather than starting from "Amiga 4000 PPC", here are some tips:

Installing a PowerPC OS in Amiga Forever

(a new version of the page is set to be published tomorrow, incorporating your feedback)
Thanks, looking forward to reviewing it!

Last edited by DH; 14 November 2017 at 17:20. Reason: Deleted direct signature