English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 22 June 2016, 21:47   #1
JohnFante

BoingBag 3&4 - does not work on A1200

I have a A1200 with BPPC and Mediator with Voodoo etc.

I am trying install BoingBag 3&4 on top of a fresh BoingBag 2 install. http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#others. But I can not get it to boot, it just hangs at a black screen after the reset. Here is a short discription. I think the problem is in the altered startupsequence.

I am using IDEfix so I need a small alterration in my BoingBag 2 startupsequence to skip the scsi update in the BoingBag 2 ROM-update.

Code:
C:SetPatch SKIPROMMODULES "scsi.device" QUIET
With that it works fine.

After installing BoingBag 3&4 the startupsequence is altered at the start to this:

Code:
If Exists C:IDEFix
  C:IDEFix
EndIf

FailAt 21
SYS:C/LoadResident >NIL: DEVS:trackdisk.device L:KingCON-Handler
FailAt 20
SYS:C/LoadModule >NIL: DEVS:battmem.resource DEVS:console.device DEVS:FileSystem.resource DEVS:misc.resource DEVS:potgo.resource L:FastFileSystem L:Ram-Handler L:Shell-Seg LIBS:dos.library LIBS:layers.library REVERSE NOREBOOT
SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES console.device,dos,filesystem,FileSystem.resource,ram-handler,shell QUIET

At first I got an error saying LoadResident and LoadModule is not present in C. I then copied them manually and that removed that error.

Any suggestions?
Old 23 June 2016, 00:00   #2
TTD

Send a message via MSN to TTD
Can you boot the machine without startup-sequence?

The last code with setpatch does not which I can see include the scsi.device have you try that? (That you know when it was working?)

So should look like this -

SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES scsi.device,console.device,dos,filesystem,FileSystem.resource,ram-handler,shell QUIET

Else try to set ; this sign before the line you want to skip in startup-sequence.

I can see you're from Denmark, so maybe if your near me, we can look into the problem together (More eyes looking)
Old 23 June 2016, 09:53   #3
JohnFante

Thank you :-)

Adding scsi.device was a part of the solution.

It seems that there are some errors in the install script. It did not copythe necessary files from the DEVS: folder. I went through them manually and copied the missing files and now it boots fine. Got my Voodoo going so now I will check the rest and see if I have the best available files. My BPPC has a 060 so I would like to be sure I have the best libs.

I have written the creator and told him about this. Maybe it is a known error.
Old 23 June 2016, 13:32   #4
Daedalus

Yep, hopefully they can fix it for others. Part of the problem is that there are so many changes to the startup-sequence that people recommend that the standard 3.9 startup-sequence is rarely standard any more. That's a mess to deal with and shouldn't really be the case. It means that different configurations need to be individually taken into account, which is tricky and means it'll never work 100% on all setups.