English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 15 May 2015, 23:03   #321
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Adding some information.

Unlucky for you guys, this person is taking a leave of absent. 2 weeks i wil be at the carabian. Sand, sun and doing NOTHING at all.
My wife forbids me to take the computer with me. So monday morning the plane is leaving 07:00 from airport schiphol.
Got only this weekend to do something.
Old 16 May 2015, 08:19   #322
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Adding some information.

Unlucky for you guys, this person is taking a leave of absent. 2 weeks i wil be at the carabian. Sand, sun and doing NOTHING at all.
My wife forbids me to take the computer with me. So monday morning the plane is leaving 07:00 from airport schiphol.
Got only this weekend to do something.
Nice, have fun.
Old 06 June 2015, 20:28   #323
bfrnhout

Happy for me bad for you gy. I did extende my vacation one week. But i am back now. And starting to look in to the game and go on with programming. Short stamina is still happening. So the duration of programming wil be short but steady. I hope i can make now more thing in the program. Wait till next week. I already found some small problems and wil resolved them first.
Old 12 June 2015, 20:54   #324
bfrnhout

Oke people here it is the next release. There is done a lot of tiny thing and added much new code. Witch i did write on my vacation adress ( And i did not do a very good job of it) A lot of code was working wrong or not at all. Still i was able to put it together and make it to work anyway. New build 1734 landing on the moon and make it all work there.

http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html

is the link as always
Old 13 June 2015, 01:10   #325
shaf

Far more Memory access violations than usual. Seems to happen just after first space station is built. Before I could get as far as 2nd station above moon. (easily tested bug.)
Minor Crew Production bug say you Produce 75 Researchers and send them to research . The status for Research shows Research Manager and 73 available Staff ( Should be 74 Avail Staff). Same for Production and Marines.

Last edited by shaf; 13 June 2015 at 02:06. Reason: Crew Production Bug added
Old 13 June 2015, 17:54   #326
shaf

The Movement to/from Cryo Pod is still not completely fixed, I've lost the Production Crew again.
High probability of Memory Access Violation right after the game is saved.
The Requester when Pressing the ESC Key doesn't appear, immediate return to desktop in Win 8.1 64bit.

Last edited by shaf; 15 June 2015 at 21:35. Reason: more info on memory access violation
Old 16 June 2015, 21:44   #327
bfrnhout

I have the feeling that you have the wrong version of (build) of the exe. I wil look into it.
problem 1 of loosing people is correct. I see int he program that i deduct 1 person from the total to transfer him/her as teamleader. But now its every team thats is made got a team leader. Even when its not neede. I wil note it as low order bug.
Memeory violation of station i must go back in the save state. (ITs known that thw save file is not correct anymore. There must be made a new save file starting from scratch). I do not have that due to changing the save file.
Marines is correct. You train 41 persons ans only 1 is promoted to team leader and get the status pilot, Catain, General, Warlord. only the rest wil follow him and execute his orders and that is the total members. Some time a person wil die so the total of them is reducing. A original bug is that when its reasch 0 that the game stil keep going with the 0 persons.
Gryo testing here is working without problems. I do not know where the problem is.
Old 16 June 2015, 22:09   #328
bfrnhout

shaf i could not get the error of escaping back to windows by pressing esc. I always get the screen of request if i am sure to exit.

I run this on a system XP 32 bit , win7 32bits and 64 bits. Win 8.1 64 bits. On all systems the result is the same. Its a smal function in the program that is calles every 150 millisecs. Its check the esc key and when its pressed( or was pressed) its jump to the function RequestExit(). when it returns a true the player did hit the yes button with the mouse everyting else is a false and the program continue to work. of true the program free up the memory and exit.
Old 16 June 2015, 23:50   #329
shaf

I have been using the Build with a new savefile after the initial crash I thought it was due to a savefile corruption. Problems might be due to my default screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. Latest NVidia Drivers AMD * Core CPU. I'll try testing on my Laptop Intel I7 to see if I can Duplicate the errors.
Old 17 June 2015, 21:53   #330
shaf

Tried same build on Intel Laptop - Pressing the ESC Key does bring up the Exit Game Requestor.
Old 19 June 2015, 22:05   #331
bfrnhout

This friday no update. To many small things that i can not solve that fast. Reason because the IOS has to flight to the astroid beld. There is a lot of things possible. I need to write it on the good way for futere use.

Shaf. Screen resolution must give no problem. AMD could give problem. The program is working automaticly with floating numbers and AMD use Integer. I am not down sizing AMD. AMD is for game playing beter then INTEL. Simple because of the locations on the screen. A pixel is and stay a pixel. If i want the have a pixel turn red. AMD is faster on that. INTEL must calculate from a floating number to a integer number first.

Its not possible to lit u pixel 2.5, cause its not exist. AMD is not recalculate the pixrel its truncate the number.

Biut to came back on the program. I do not have comtrole of the compiler on how its compiling the source code. I can only turn off or on the debug mode or full screen or window mode. And allow in window mode to resize the view window. Thats all i can controle.

I hope that the final version can do more but for now its a problem.
Old 19 June 2015, 23:00   #332
shaf

If you want I could try to compile on my Desktop and see of there are any changes. Since Blitz3d is now free (Opensource) there should be no problem getting the compiler.
Old 26 June 2015, 17:20   #333
shaf

I've found a possible reason why the ESC function bypasses the requester. It appears that this starts happening after the game has been played over 2 hours, what happens is an Out of Memory situation becomes more frequent and coincidentally appears as soon as the ESC key is hit. I one case the Requester opened for a Second before the Memory Violation occured.
Old 26 June 2015, 21:56   #334
bfrnhout

Shaf: You are right. I had a 2 hour controll in the game that warns the player that the game is running to long and that the player needs some rest. But at the controle it self is nothing done yet. I wil look in to that in the release next to this one.

Thanks this was maybe the bug that more people got.

N.B. Shaf i will make a link to get the source code. And if you like you may simplefy the source code if you can and if you find errors you may correct it. The only thing i ask is to let me know what you do. So i con keep the source code in a good order.

There is a new release out Build 1772 download here.

http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html

Have fun.
Old 26 June 2015, 22:21   #335
bfrnhout

To Shaf I made the source code availalble here:
http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/sourcecode.html
At the bodom of the page the RAR file and a link to Blitz
Old 02 July 2015, 22:01   #336
bfrnhout

Guys, Shaf has point me on a faital error in the game. When the game in running more than an hour or two. Slowly windows is fragmanted in memory When i call up the functions and never clean up the mess i made there(Was thinking that Blitz3D was cleaning up the mess). This give the problem that the graphics memeory is shifting place untile there is no room left (E.G. Building the view of a spacebay including and IOS ship in the bay). Then the faital error is comming up. Memory Access Violation is the result. Due to the problem the complete data of the graphics or a pointer to values of something that is not complete.

I am scanning the source code and see that i did do that a lot of times. So i could go around in the code to grab back on old data in the game ( But actually i never did use it) . But to keep the game as good as it is so far i need to rewrite a lot of code.
And this is a lot of work. So i wont post for a couple of weeks. Until i have the game working ok.

On the other hand cleaning up this code means also that the passing in the code is going faster then. And that is good for the game its self to go faster if needed.
And that the people with slower computer can run the game to.

bart.
Old 02 July 2015, 22:06   #337
shaf

This error also duplicates in the savegame file.
Old 05 July 2015, 01:31   #338
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Will be trying this, this week! Been too hot to do much lately

Gambit, what's happened to your remake though?
Old 05 July 2015, 14:48   #339
bfrnhout

To all of you. Even if i am working more then a year on it. Its still going on. If the memory leak is to much then i wil consider to rewrite the whole code. But for now its just a mayor clean up of the code. Even rewritten some part. To make the save file and the game file work ok. For now i have to do a lot of coding in windows To get to clear up te code for me. So the game wil continue working.

Second step is that is am busy to make the game more workable to get heaps of space to work in. So the cleaning up is less work. That is for me now more work but for later use easyer to work in the game under windows mode.

The other mistake i did make, was to give you a working part of the game. So sometimes i left out some things to make it work. But it is now working against me. Missing parts in the program. That is also a part i am writting in it. And later when i do not need yet that part, i bring it under a condition where if the game do not need it, its skip. So when i realy need it. That part is automatic intregrated.

Give me a couple of weeks and i wil see what i got.
Old 09 August 2015, 21:58   #340
bfrnhout

Being a long time underway. But not leaving this project. But got a few paid assingments that are more important than the deuteros project. But do every day something on the source code. And have removed a lot of problems from the game. This forced me to start rewrite the code from installing the first OF piece to station and going to the moon. I want to have this part working very good. So be patience with me.