English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 07 September 2006, 20:12   #61
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npl
A good joystick/gamepad is quite mandatory, you dont play with WinUAE & Keyboard?
Gods on the other hand quite sucks IMHO, the controls are quite sluggish, and you need to memorize where monsters appear. Otherwise you are pressing up-left, watch a shitting pose, watch a shitting sound, see the guy jumping in slowmotion while beasts spawn and fly/run at you, watch the guy land and then watch him die as even turning around takes time (but hey you get another useless animation to watch). You need to read the previous sentence very slowly to get an idea for the responsivenes of the game. Disgusting, wonder how anyone could like such a game
By having a brain. It's not that hard, but you probably need to be born with one. They might on ocasion, be sold at ebay. Pretty much every Amiga magazine did and threw accolades at it, so did the thousands that made it a best selling game, year on end.

But i guess if you In Your Humble Opinion consider it disgusting and impossible or admissable for anyone to like it. Then i guess that's it.

The hilarious part is that the game got marketed and pushed as a "Thinking man's game", and, "Not your average mindless platformer", but i'll be damned if every single "non-Thinking man" hasn't been complaining about it since, anyway
Old 07 September 2006, 20:25   #62
Marcuz

yeah i guess i'm unthinking then
Old 07 September 2006, 21:14   #63
Npl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
By having a brain. It's not that hard, but you probably need to be born with one. They might on ocasion, be sold at ebay. Pretty much every Amiga magazine did and threw accolades at it, so did the thousands that made it a best selling game, year on end.

But i guess if you In Your Humble Opinion consider it disgusting and impossible or admissable for anyone to like it. Then i guess that's it.
That doesnt account for the least for the sluggish controls, point me to the line where I complained about anything else (or where you actually got personally attacked for that matter).
By the way, SotB got rave reviews too, and its quite unplayable (I doubt anyone is going to disagree that the gameplay was really lacking).
Quote:
The hilarious part is that the game got marketed and pushed as a "Thinking man's game", and, "Not your average mindless platformer", but i'll be damned if every single "non-Thinking man" hasn't been complaining about it since, anyway
Yeah, it really mentally challenged me
Old 07 September 2006, 21:17   #64
Legerdemain

Quote:

So, since you are into Ace of Base, like the other 30 million people that have bought their albums, what is your favourite track by them? Personally I am quite into Hey Darling, because I think it is the perfect irony of how the egoistic minds of the world makes life so hard living for those that really try their best not to be egoistic. Always Have, Always Will is also quite a charming track that gets my feet start tapping and my head start bobbing... I guess irresistable is the word I am looking for when trying to describe that very track.
Old 10 September 2006, 12:20   #65
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npl
A good joystick/gamepad is quite mandatory, you dont play with WinUAE & Keyboard?
Gods on the other hand quite sucks IMHO, the controls are quite sluggish, and you need to memorize where monsters appear. Otherwise you are pressing up-left, watch a shitting pose, watch a shitting sound, see the guy jumping in slowmotion while beasts spawn and fly/run at you, watch the guy land and then watch him die as even turning around takes time (but hey you get another useless animation to watch). You need to read the previous sentence very slowly to get an idea for the responsivenes of the game. Disgusting, wonder how anyone could like such a game
Pretty much like each game you could play in that times. The key to solve the mystery was to know what will happen and in what order. I see your point for controls but it doesn't make it bad game because you could get used to it quite easily. In my humble opinion Gods are very good game and the biggest fun is when you discover new and new secrets. But I respect your views and understand that you may not like it. Just like I don't like eg. The Settlers and many other games which were said as great
Old 02 February 2022, 16:18   #66
kremiso

about Gods and its many secrets...

i'm trying to find all the secrets in the first level (not world, just level) atm
i've reached 18042 point at the end of that beginning stage

i think it could be the the better score possible, apart
a tile switch, that i don't know if it's possible at all to activate it, in the leftiest upper side of the stage :

Has anyone managed to activate it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gods_s.png
Views:	356
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	74611  
Old 02 February 2022, 16:34   #67
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Open the door with the lever, enter but don't go too far or level will complete.
Turn around and head back and a platform should have appeared right below the tile.
Old 02 February 2022, 17:03   #68
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
So, since you are into Ace of Base, like the other 30 million people that have bought their albums, what is your favourite track by them? Personally I am quite into [...]

I love these necrobumps...really great to read the thoughts of the ancient tribes which populated the Earth back then.

2006 was 16 years ago! Dear lord...how the time flies.

Last edited by dreadnought; 02 February 2022 at 17:04. Reason: so senile can't even do basic math
Old 02 February 2022, 18:58   #69
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Open the door with the lever, enter but don't go too far or level will complete.
Turn around and head back and a platform should have appeared right below the tile.
great thanks
new score 19511, i don't think 20000 is achievable ?
Old 02 February 2022, 19:03   #70
jotd
This cat is no more

for secret button also activate last lever before 2 minutes
Old 02 February 2022, 21:07   #71
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

That switch killed me for so long. Just randomly one day I play the game and I can reach it. But I did not know what I did to make it happen. I only learned that many years later on this forum.
Old 02 February 2022, 21:36   #72
jotd
This cat is no more

same for me. Someone told me in the nineties after he discovered it. The guy was so happy to have found it...

The funny thing is, you try everything in the level, and you remain more than 2 minutes in it => lost.
Old 03 February 2022, 09:21   #73
kremiso

some speed bonus gems are difficult to be triggered too
and that special bonus one, moving a lot the three levers...

btw, i think i got the max score from the beginning stage
if someone got 20000 or more points, please report