English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 17 October 2010, 18:19   #1
TangoOversway

New Member, Can't Boot adf, rp9 on E-UAE and OS X

I posted this in the AmigaForever section and was referred to here.

I just recently bought the Amiga Forever CD image (Plus Edition) and downloaded it. I'm on an iMac (running Snow Leopard) and, as people probably know by now, the directions for anything other than Windows for Amiga Forever are sparse. Each time through I had to learn a new term or two, since, when first starting, I wasn't clear what Hi-Toro was or what other programs are and the directions seem to assume you know all the involved programs.

I know how to use Hi-Toro to change settings and can change the directories and so on for things like the hard drive location. I've moved E-UAE and Hi-Toro to a separate directory to make it easier to access everything.

While in Hi-Toro, I can select any of the included rp9 images for E-UAE (or any adf files I extract from the rp9s), then I click "Okay" to run E-UAE, but there is no sign of the selected rp9 or adf file in DF0. It doesn't show up on the Workbench screen and if I click on the UAE Control icon in the dock, there is nothing listed in DF0.

I found that I can enter, by hand (without the ability to browse at all!) the name of an rp9 file and reboot E-UAE and finally get a disk to boot so I can play a game, but that's a major pain (especially with all the long names for rp9 files).

What could I be doing wrong that I can't get the rp9 or adf files I find in Hi-Toro (with the file selector) to show up in E-UAE or to boot in E-UAE?

Thanks for any help on this!

Old 20 October 2010, 05:58   #2
TangoOversway

After playing around, I found that I not only have to use default.uaerc (the one in the directory for E-UAE), but that I also have to SAVE any changes before pressing "Okay."

One other question: Is there a way to make E-UAE start with using a file other than default.uaerc? I'd like to have different configs for booting the disks I use most often, if possible.

Old 20 October 2010, 10:18   #3
nexusle
Banned

Yes. For this solution you don't have the "default.uaerc" in your home folder. Then, if you double click on e-uae you can choose another x.uaerc file to boot from.
Old 22 October 2010, 08:29   #4
TangoOversway

Thanks, nexusle, that did the trick. I just renamed default.uaerc (so it was still handy but no longer the default) and that made it work just fine.