English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 January 2007, 20:08   #61
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
Shilly, you're a dream killer, if the world would just make you understand that people who are fanatical about bowelmovement are special too!
People who need an OS that was awesome back in the day, but can't understand it is 2007 and need to keep 1987 going strong, cuz hey, 1988's just around the corner, corner, corner....
The most bizarre thing is that most people who seem utterly obsessed about this "AmigaONE" purposedly ignore the fact that there isn't a single chip in a PPC in common with the Motorola with Chipsets the REAL Amiga was.

For some bewildering reason, most of them seem to never have used or owned a real Amiga in 87-92. Talk about johny come latelies - Turned into all that Amiga rage 10 years after it's all gone.
Old 06 January 2007, 20:24   #62
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Why do I do it?
Maybe you would like these link

http://www.mworld.us/sites/billgates/
http://www.atari.st/
http://www.IhateAmiga.com

Hay Geogre Its easy to progamme an Os? but its hard spending to much time on a Related site slagging it off?.Why I spend to much time here I want the latset news and info help,etc you?

Os 4 is an achment in its self if you cant accept that then you have no argument Personaly I think Linux is Borring and Mac Os is Crap and I never pa.... but I dont log onto Ms site and start Saying Windows is Shit and On to Susse and say you Geeks it Crap -Workbench I prefer thats it If you dont agree Why spend your time here -.....

I think more people are intrested in Amiga Lately because they want an alternative and see the potential

Never Used or Owened and Amiga Errr You Ok

Last edited by Retro1234; 06 January 2007 at 20:44.
Old 06 January 2007, 23:09   #63
snowman040

They see alternative, but are just lame 'ol users expecting it's >better< than windoze - better doing what ? There is no potential in current state OS4...
Old 07 January 2007, 00:45   #64
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
@Photon

So it's a coding competition? Forgive me if I just want to use the OS
No, it's about dedication to an idea. I meant it's easy to criticize, even easier if you talk about general features and have never (?) tried it so you don't know if it's appealing to eye and workflow. I haven't tried it, and so I don't criticize it. It's perfectly possible to make an appealing, logical, even fast OS on a PPC 500 or whatever. Just remember what most of us ran on our PCs in the Pentium 3 years...

In general, what the detractors said was, "I know it's gonna be shit and nobody will use it, so why did you waste your time, you have to be idiots to think that anyone will like it." Well, if a group of coders have an idea and decide to spend years coding it, that impresses the hell out of me. They also did it their way, unlike the Linux also-rans.

We all choose what to do with the time that is ours. If they chose to do an OS the way they wanted it, here's to them I say.
Old 07 January 2007, 00:49   #65
shillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon
Hey guys, instead of spitting venom at an OS you've apparently never tried, why not try it out on someone's machine, so you know what you're detracting?
Ok, I'll take the Pepsi challenge - my credit card is at the ready - where can I buy this new OS and a machine to run it on?

What's that?

The shop next to the Unicorn stables? Across the street from the hyperdrive manufacturing plant? Oh, ok....
Old 07 January 2007, 06:11   #66
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon
Well, if a group of coders have an idea and decide to spend years coding it, that impresses the hell out of me. They also did it their way, unlike the Linux also-rans.

We all choose what to do with the time that is ours. If they chose to do an OS the way they wanted it, here's to them I say.
To waste time in a dark room, coding useless stuff for a defunct OS for the benefit of a few hundred fatsoes who hope to see 9 year old games ported to said OS is your idea of impressive?

ok.

Heres my idea of impressive.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 07 January 2007 at 06:22.
Old 07 January 2007, 19:10   #67
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Shilliard,

If your going that way can you pick me up a class 3 hyperdrive mines broken... paypal ok?

I think fred my be a little bashfull in asking for a little pony unicorn.... from what i have heard he likes riding pink unicon ponys...
Old 07 January 2007, 20:12   #68
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird
It will get released right after duke nuke'em 2
Not sure what Duke Nuke'em is but perhaps this is what you meant?
Old 08 January 2007, 00:38   #69
P-J

Quote:
To waste time in a dark room, coding useless stuff for a defunct OS for the benefit of a few hundred fatsoes who hope to see 9 year old games ported to said OS is your idea of impressive?
The problem is that a small cult of zealots hold the project up. They forget that an OS is nothing without software, and often compare AmigaOS 4.0 to a vanilla Windows/Mac OSX install which is just choosing the easiest set of credentials for their argument. Whenever I argue with people they always ask what Windows XP can do that AmigaOS can't. I might reply with 'run [insert extremely useful software here]' and the response will be 'but that is software, I was talking about Windows'. Sigh...

Watching people jerk off over Quake on their new AmigaOne is a little sad. I'm sure there are technical merits to this feat, but what, ultimately, is the point? For me it has no unique features nor nostalgia factor so it's really just an overpriced OS in it's infancy.

...and the fact that there is no hardware for sale that it'll run on (?) Forgive me if I don't want to buy an OS that'll probably be defunct in less than 18 months.
Old 08 January 2007, 01:22   #70
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

P.J, you said it well. Somehow, these pitiful fanatics (I hate fanatics, tho I love Mac OS, I am VERY aware of it's shortfalls, even readily admit in some cases Windows does a better job, etc) do what all fanatics do: they attach the said object of worship/adulation, etc to their ego. A fanatic of a football club, rock group, religious sect, UFO crap, etc will all do this.
I love Amiga games. The fun, art, craftsmanship, excitement, beauty of 16 bit gaming is why I found EAB and stayed. But when i see these losers, it makes me sick. Thank goodness this is not like Ann.lu, probably the web community with the biggest population of 30 year old virgins ever.
Old 08 January 2007, 07:28   #71
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
...Thank goodness this is not like Ann.lu, probably the web community with the biggest population of 30 year old virgins ever.
LOL
PPC Quake 2 rules ...
Old 08 January 2007, 08:00   #72
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

heh...I am sure it does. But i am making fun of the AmigaOne/OS4 freaks.
Old 08 January 2007, 10:42   #73
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Help Me I cant Help Myself!

Quote:
I hate fanatics, tho I love Mac OS, Thank goodness this is not like Ann.lu,Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Control Freak Blah Blah Blah.
Thanks for the Link Fred Ann.lu i am making fun of Forum Fanatics -When i see these losers, it makes me sick
Old 08 January 2007, 10:54   #74
P-J

@Boo Boo

Don't take Fred's comment out of context, you idiot. This is what all you freaks do, just pick the part you want to work with.

I suppose at least your comment was legible this time round. Do you realise how broken your posts are?
Old 08 January 2007, 11:09   #75
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Yeah I to Cool to resort to this
Old 09 January 2007, 04:29   #76
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

PJ, I have no idea what the hell his post meant
Old 09 January 2007, 06:25   #77
shillard

See you Jimmy, where am dat warty-melon?
Old 09 January 2007, 07:11   #78
shillard

Hang on, I think I've seen this movie before.

Didn't you clear off recently, never to return?

When did you get appointed uber-moderator, to tell Fred what he can and cannot post, to whom, and under what circumstances?

Didn't you learn anything from your last hissy-fit?

What "plenty of new games being written today" are there? Can I get 'Full Spectrum Warrior' for my A4000?

When is Spain? Why is Hitler?
Old 09 January 2007, 07:20   #79
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
Hang on, I think I've seen this movie before.

Didn't you clear off recently, never to return?

When did you get appointed uber-moderator, to tell Fred what he can and cannot post, to whom, and under what circumstances?

Didn't you learn anything from your last hissy-fit?

What "plenty of new games being written today" are there? Can I get 'Full Spectrum Warrior' for my A4000?

When is Spain? Why is Hitler?
I took the post off my Lord as you were posting your typically on time comment. Man do you ever leave the computer?, you must be on it 24/7 !!

You stick to my posts like a fly to shit!!
Old 09 January 2007, 07:38   #80
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
I took the post off my Lord as you were posting your typically on time comment. Man do you ever leave the computer?, you must be on it 24/7 !!

You stick to my posts like a fly to shit!!
You have an ugly habit of reappearing, of re-re-re-re-editing your posts to make yourself look better, or out of embarrassment or contrition.
Do us a favour and keep your aforementioned promise, you freak.