English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 January 2005, 20:29   #21
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
i also didnĀ“t buy or used it anymore...but i would really be interested...

it seems to be the best os at moment for a classic amiga...but why to buy this when we all know that no one ever will develop a new os for the classic amiga next time...???

i really would shit on this new AOneand his os4.0...this pieces would never be so interested for me than any classic amiga...

sorry about that...but when i ever buy an os 3.9 CD then only by second hand or ebay...but never from a store like vesalia...
this would be money that never helps to support the classic amigas...
Old 31 January 2005, 20:39   #22
derSammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_to
sorry about that...but when i ever buy an os 3.9 CD then only by second hand or ebay...but never from a store like vesalia...
this would be money that never helps to support the classic amigas...
Well, buying OS 3.9 from Vesalia would at least help Vesalia to survive a little longer. There aren't much traders left who still sell classic Amiga stuff.
Old 31 January 2005, 20:47   #23
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
yes...you are right, but do you really think it would help vesalia if i ever buy classic soft/hardware when they decided to support the AOne more than a classic amiga..??
Old 31 January 2005, 21:16   #24
kriz

ofcourse, if you buy something from them youll support them...

They sell hardware/software for both classic and the new amigaone/pegasos2

I want a new amiga, read this test if you are interested:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/amiga.ars

It is a non-biased test (btw. not done by the hardcore amiga4ever guys hehe... )
Old 31 January 2005, 21:52   #25
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies
Sorry, but I agree with Akira, the prices they ask for outdated Amiga soft&hardware just don't justify it....
Sorry, this is not waht I said. I said I don't support it as to not feed those who have fucked up the Amiga and their userbase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
Your response is about you trying to force your own beliefs and agenda on others here and not about helping the original poster.
Since when making a suggestion is FORCING MY OWN BELIEFES AND AGENDA into someone else??!? The shit has really hit the fan in this board with the agression level, measure your words first and try to read properly my message before posting.

And FYI, since you also seem to like taking conclusions out of your rear end, I DID keep up with the Amiga past Commodore.
Old 31 January 2005, 22:46   #26
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Sorry, this is not waht I said. I said I don't support it as to not feed those who have fucked up the Amiga and their userbase.
The OS 3.9 boxes at Vesalia have been paid already, they're owned by Vesalia. You don't support anyybody except Vesalia when buying a copy from them. Period.

And btw., there's a difference between "not supporting somebody" and "actively trying to damage somebody".

Quote:
And FYI, since you also seem to like taking conclusions out of your rear end, I DID keep up with the Amiga past Commodore.
Doesn't seem so - otherwise you would know that 3.9 was done (and distributed) by Haage&Partner, who refuse to pay royalties to Amiga Inc.

You could buy a thousand copies of OS3.9 and AInc. wouldn't see a single penny.
Old 31 January 2005, 22:49   #27
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Hey let's make a poll on how many people actually purchased OS 3.5/3.9 shall we! Would be nice to see the results.....
Old 31 January 2005, 22:53   #28
kriz

yes, do it!!
Old 31 January 2005, 23:15   #29
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny
Doesn't seem so - otherwise you would know that 3.9 was done (and distributed) by Haage&Partner
Sorry man, but t seems you also don't like to read messages in full before posting. Above you will read that I thought Haage & Partner had the ownership on OS3.9 and 4.
Old 31 January 2005, 23:16   #30
Ironclaw
Banned

Stop fighting guys. We all have different opinions on things, let's just accept that.

Group hug!
Old 31 January 2005, 23:45   #31
IFW

Actually HP screwed ainc, by not paying their royalties due.
Vesalia bought its units from H&P.
So...
1, if vesalia paid H&P in advance for the units - a very unwise deicision for any goods in any business... - you are getting their money back. Highly unlikely and stupid.
2, if vesalia got it from h&p and only pays after units sold - the norn - then you don't hurt vesalia at all by not buying the disk, you hurt H&p instead

Since H&p refused to pay ainc royalties, no matter what you do Ainc gets nothing
Also since all os rights have been transferred in a shell game to yet another company called kmos - when ainc got sued for the rights so even if genesi was about to win they would get nothing of their interest - h&p should pay kmos, however... chances are their contract is nullified with the asset stripping anyway - there is no one to pay legally. The money is pretty much in a legal limbo.

So if you want to give a monetary contribution to vesalia, go for it might as well use paypal or whatever form of contribution no need to buy anything, if not you don't hurt them either regarding this.

Now it's high time to close this thread
Old 01 February 2005, 04:05   #32
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Since when making a suggestion is FORCING MY OWN BELIEFES AND AGENDA into someone else??!? The shit has really hit the fan in this board with the agression level, measure your words first and try to read properly my message before posting.
Your "suggestion" is based on false information for starters and therefore can be considered trolling. AInc made nada out of OS 3.9 for the very reasons that IFW has stated. AInc is no more. KMOS is probably AInc under a different guise, but they will not be entitled under law to get royalties from licenses they granted to companies as AInc. H&P were no AInc supporter despite developing 3.5/3.9......it was simply business, which is what modern computing is all about these days unfortunately.

As for aggression levels, I suggest you look at yourself first and start measuring your responses to users. Have you asked yourself why you are being attacked left, right and centre? It hasn't always been that way has it? Do I normally attack people in the public forums here? Surely all those who have taken issue with you recently (including me and even one or two mods) can't be chronic troublemakers? If we were, RCK would have banned us all long ago and would have quite a few less users on the list. You need to think before you respond and bear in mind that you're a supermod and there are expectations and responsibilities that come with that over and above that of an ordinary member (or mod) here.

Quote:
You don't even know who's responsible for OS 4 development let alone whether AInc will make any money out of it. Your comments in the Pegasos thread a little while back were also further proof that you haven't kept up. I could cite a few more examples as well. Pretending you have kept up just makes you look silly in the eyes of those who have and confuses people who are trying to get a handle on what really has happened.

Flame away if you like, but I won't be responding. I simply don't have the time or the motivation to do so. Nuff said.

Last edited by DrBong; 01 February 2005 at 04:11.
Old 01 February 2005, 15:09   #33
P-J

Quote:
How about the internet, with a price of 0 quid? :P

Don't spend your cash in this. Don't feed Amiga Inc. or any Amiga Inc. supported project, their shitty atitude towards the real Amiga user is ure tosh.
I second this. Me and Akira wouldn't usually agree on anything, but this, well...