English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 15 June 2003, 14:06   #81
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
If you guys have a way to scan these WIP's (if that is the source), we sure would like to be able to add them to HOL! The Game Machine is the only one I recognize, but damned if I can place it. I'll look into that.
I'm sure The Games Machine was posted in The Zone some time ago as a playable preview! If you can't find it, I'll do a search in my collection for you!
Old 15 June 2003, 15:00   #82
derSammler

That's right, I have uploaded it some months ago. I'll upload it again in a few minutes...

Some information:

The Game Machine (c) 1995 Imagine Arts

Code:
        Programm:                  Graphics:
        Michael Häbich             Daniel Amend
        Lindenstr. 8               Kelterplatz 6
        D-71540 Murrhardt          D-71549 Auenwald
        Tel.: 07192-7938           Tel.: 07191-59564

Features of the final version:
        - 9 worlds with at least 4 levels each
        - smart opponents and gigantic end-of-level bosses
        - many great 3D-bonusrounds (cart-races, tunnels)
        - hd-installable
        - makes use of faster processors and extraram
           (e.g. 8-channel-sound in 14 Bit)
Old 15 June 2003, 16:07   #83
fredflint

Esairs XII

page 26-27 the pages are about Arcane and their latest games, in particular Turbo Trax

it makes mention of this game with screenshot and another game The Supreme Warriors (this I
dont think went anywhere though)
The Supreme Warriors, a game designed by Kevin Williams (see text), is slated for development next year by Arcane.
Designed to look very Japanese in style - that is, like a Capcom arcade game -- the design
for warriors looks like a stormer. Remember where you saw this early design map first
(there is a sketch above this text)

This was in the May 1994 Issue of The One
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esairs xii_screen.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	5204  
Old 15 June 2003, 16:09   #84
fredflint

Rocket Rescue
Page 16
December 1993 Issue of the One

the full article is in the zone along with the other games I mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rocket rescue_screen.jpg
Views:	1247
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	5205  
Old 15 June 2003, 16:10   #85
fredflint

Flag
Millenium
was previously in development by gremlin graphics in 92.
set to release spring 93

the game casts you as a mighty wizard, hungry for domination over the planet orm.
its a contest between two villiages, the occupants of which have been turned into mindless zombies and will do whatever their master bids. Basically capture the flag full screen isometric

page 37 The One april 93
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	flag_screen.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	5206  
Old 15 June 2003, 16:12   #86
fredflint

Strike II

shown on page 8 of Amiga Action Issue 23.
Millenium
see zip file in the zone for more info
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	strikeii_screen.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	5207  
Old 15 June 2003, 16:13   #87
fredflint

And finanlly
M
along with Dark Sun
Amiga Action
Issue 35 page 10

as I mentioned earlier, I don't see this game even being started for the amiga, these screen look like a PC screenshot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m_screen.jpg
Views:	1241
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	5208  
Old 15 June 2003, 16:14   #88
fredflint

Ok, there is the info I used to gather that small list.

I have uploaded a zip file Previews of unreleased games.zip in the zone with the articles scanned.

Hope that helps.
Old 16 June 2003, 03:17   #89
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks, fredflint! Very useful. In looking at those, I remember Flag now, as well. It's even on one of my lists of MIA/WIP games. I have entirely too many lists to keep track of, really. If they would hurry up and get things moving on cloning, I could get so much more done...

Thanks again for the scans and for including all the neccessary info on them!
Old 16 June 2003, 13:31   #90
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, I've added all of those preview scans to HOL except M, since you think it was never started for the Amiga. Anyone else have any more info on this? Seems a shame the Amiga got all those crap looking SSI games and when they finally made a pretty game, we never got it.

I also added The Game Machine entry, which DBS will soon follow. In the coming weeks, I will try to add more unreleased games until we can start nearing completion of these titles. With any luck, some programmer sitting on the code might find the entries and decide to donate the source to the Amiga community (or the completed versions, where they might exist.) It's wishful thinking, but it's happened for, I believe, the C-64 community.
Old 16 June 2003, 15:28   #91
fredflint

No Worries Twistin, I try to help whereever I can.

And I agree it is a shame, all the good looking SSI games never made it to the Amiga.

Sorry to do this to you, but I do have another list of over 50 games which are most probably unreleased, they are referenced.

I will post this list with relevant info (no screens) just as soon as I sort it, hopefully it will make your job just a little bit easier, as some are probably doubled up.
Old 16 June 2003, 15:31   #92
fredflint

Also is it just me or is the music in the preview for The Game Machine, the same music that was on level 3 or 4 of the Amiga version of Ghouls n Ghosts.
Old 16 June 2003, 17:06   #93
derSammler

Quote:
I also added The Game Machine entry, which DBS will soon follow.
Please change ECS to AGA.
Old 16 June 2003, 17:11   #94
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Fixed!
Old 17 June 2003, 00:37   #95
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by fredflint
Sorry to do this to you, but I do have another list of over 50 games which are most probably unreleased, they are referenced.

I will post this list with relevant info (no screens) just as soon as I sort it, hopefully it will make your job just a little bit easier, as some are probably doubled up.
Generally, for stuff to make it to HOL, some form of screens are required so that we know an Amiga version was actually started, as opposed to just being announced and never actually started. There are probably some exceptions to this rule, but I can't think of any at the moment.
Quote:
Originally posted by fredflint
Also is it just me or is the music in the preview for The Game Machine, the same music that was on level 3 or 4 of the Amiga version of Ghouls n Ghosts.
When I played the demo, it was so slow and sluggish on my machine, the music was a mere stutter. Come to think of it, even the sprite of the main character was moving like molasses. I hope it's much smoother than when I played it, although the graphics looked pretty cool.
Old 17 June 2003, 04:37   #96
fredflint

Quote:
Generally, for stuff to make it to HOL, some form of screens are required so that we know an Amiga version was actually started, as opposed to just being announced and never actually started. There are probably some exceptions to this rule, but I can't think of any at the moment.
No worries, I can definately get screens of some of the stuff, others may just be a scan of some text.

Quote:
When I played the demo, it was so slow and sluggish on my machine, the music was a mere stutter. Come to think of it, even the sprite of the main character was moving like molasses. I hope it's much smoother than when I played it, although the graphics looked pretty cool.
hehe yes, the preview did play like a mammoth stuck in a tar pit, but it did look nice and a shame it never finished.
Oh and it did make me play Ghouls n Ghosts again
Old 17 June 2003, 17:02   #97
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

Just another unreleased title springs to mind.
Ramrod-Gremlin. I think February 1990 Zzap!64/Amiga had preview shots of it alongside Venus the Flytrap,(subsequetly released later on). There were some later shots of Ramrod in Zzap, I just can't recall when,(again in the previews section).
Old 17 June 2003, 22:45   #98
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
Just another unreleased title springs to mind.
Ramrod-Gremlin. I think February 1990 Zzap!64/Amiga had preview shots of it alongside Venus the Flytrap,(subsequetly released later on). There were some later shots of Ramrod in Zzap, I just can't recall when,(again in the previews section).
That sounds so familiar...I think I even have that issue. Time to dig out my WIP issues now!
Old 18 June 2003, 08:23   #99
Tim Janssen

Lightbulb Ramrod in Zzap

I think a picture of RamRod can be found in the previews section in Zzap! issue 72, April 1991 (the one with Back to the Future 3-setting on the cover).

I also know a screenshot of an RPG called Tennabrae/Tennebrea which appeared in Amiga Format in 1992.
The strangest game I anticipated was Chuckie's World, previewed in CU Amiga in September(?) 1992. This platform game starred Chuckie, a cute hero with a rotund face which starred in many PD-animations. Apart from the preview I've never read anything about it since.
Flair Software announced in 1993 an adventure game called Amazon or something similar starring a female heroin in bikini. It looked like a Monkey Island-beater but it also has disappeared in the mists of time.
Old 18 June 2003, 15:19   #100
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Re: Ramrod in Zzap

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
I think a picture of RamRod can be found in the previews section in Zzap! issue 72, April 1991 (the one with Back to the Future 3-setting on the cover).
I have that issue of Zzap and I cannot find anything in it relating to RamRod - certainly no picture and not even any text mentioning it.

The previews are on pages 79-81 and only mention games by Domark, Imageworks, Electronic Arts, Sensible Software (Megalomania), Audiogenic (Wreckers), Millennium (Moonshine Racers) and Silmarils.