English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 02 May 2020, 17:52   #21
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
for generic whdload install for Bograts, i have add a command on a startup-sequence and add a copy of the file with different name for bypassed windows. But it requires writing to disk at first launch

if not exists sys:-S-/DATA/CON.SHAPES.PAK
copy sys:-S-/DATA/-CON.SHAPES.PAK sys:-S-/DATA/CON.SHAPES.PAK
endif

Same thing with Penguins:

if not exists sysATA/STAGE1/CON.SHAPES.PAK
copy sysATA/STAGE1/-CON.SHAPES.PAK sysATA/STAGE1/CON.SHAPES.PAK
endif

if not exists sysATA/STAGE2/CON.SHAPES.PAK
copy sysATA/STAGE2/-CON.SHAPES.PAK sysATA/STAGE2/CON.SHAPES.PAK
endif

if not exists sysATA/STAGE3/CON.SHAPES.PAK
copy sysATA/STAGE3/-CON.SHAPES.PAK sysATA/STAGE3/CON.SHAPES.PAK
endif

Yeah i did try them, of course i run my games from CD, so these won't work for me.
Old 02 May 2020, 18:07   #22
Aladin

there should be a slave who manages an hdf file for manage with windows.

You have try to burn CD with MakeCD on Amiga Side ?
Old 02 May 2020, 18:11   #23
Retro1234
Phone Homer

basic KickStart slaves can use disk images see here to compile your own
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26935&page=2

You said you used virtual disk so it's not clear why file names would be affected
If the disk needs writing too why don't you just DMS it to RAD
Old 02 May 2020, 18:20   #24
Aladin

there is only one slave disk for ks1.3. There is none for ks3.1

Bograts and penguins are AGA games
Old 02 May 2020, 19:35   #25
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Yeah you have to change the source.
Old 06 May 2020, 16:05   #26
jotd
This cat is no more

about Inherit the Earth:

you could provide an already existing "ite.prf" pre-configured file (with RAM: configured as savegames dir for instance) and skip "setup.exe" program. But this game needs to save games, so running the AGA version on a CD-only system this is going to be difficult.

Or edit aga.exe and setup.exe with an hex editor: search for "s:ite.prf" replace by "r:ite.prf" with r: assigned as ram: => voilà

about Liberation/CaptiveII:

The version looks suspicious; wait until I can fix the original properly. It would be better to run the original.

For others (Bograts, TracksuitManager, Penguin), a whdload install would be useful probably. Can someone share the originals? I don't have the IPFs.

Tracksuit Manager 2 starts with whdload slave prototype, I can start a new game on winuae. The setup phase only lasts seconds witn winuae+JIT then the game can be played.
On selecting "load game" the game crashes, though. I've shared an archive for you to test a bit. If it's promising (and if I get the original disks) I'll keep that on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3fvd2f9ct...hddev.zip?dl=0

now I can say I officially helped you with your compilation

Last edited by jotd; 06 May 2020 at 16:47.
Old 06 May 2020, 19:47   #27
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
about Inherit the Earth:

you could provide an already existing "ite.prf" pre-configured file (with RAM: configured as savegames dir for instance) and skip "setup.exe" program. But this game needs to save games, so running the AGA version on a CD-only system this is going to be difficult.

Or edit aga.exe and setup.exe with an hex editor: search for "s:ite.prf" replace by "r:ite.prf" with r: assigned as ram: => voilà

Thanks, i hex edited it, well it got past the can't create a new save, but then said i was missing the voice file, i thought using the aga.exe would be different, but looks like i need to get a different copy, is there an English version around that doesn't need the voice file?

Quote:
about Liberation/CaptiveII:

The version looks suspicious; wait until I can fix the original properly. It would be better to run the original.

Yup, ok will wait on this.

Quote:
For others (Bograts, TracksuitManager, Penguin), a whdload install would be useful probably. Can someone share the originals? I don't have the IPFs.

Tracksuit Manager 2 starts with whdload slave prototype, I can start a new game on winuae. The setup phase only lasts seconds witn winuae+JIT then the game can be played.
On selecting "load game" the game crashes, though. I've shared an archive for you to test a bit. If it's promising (and if I get the original disks) I'll keep that on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3fvd2f9ct...hddev.zip?dl=0

now I can say I officially helped you with your compilation

Thanks, that Tracksuit Manager 2 test worked a treat, needs fastram now, but better than kick in the shins, at least it can be played now, thanks for that
Old 07 May 2020, 00:57   #28
jotd
This cat is no more

well careful for tracksuit manager 2 as "load game" crashed for me. new game worked, though. Would wait for the original to finalize / release the fix

For Captive II, there's a whdload install around. Protection is still intact but it runs on whdload at least https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz784vtwgk...loppy.zip?dl=0

if you can help me on how to reach the protection bit so I can remove it it would help
Old 07 May 2020, 11:23   #29
Amigajay

Quote:
well careful for tracksuit manager 2 as "load game" crashed for me. new game worked, though. Would wait for the original to finalize / release the fix

For Captive II, there's a whdload install around. Protection is still intact but it runs on whdload at least https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz784vtwgk...loppy.zip?dl=0

if you can help me on how to reach the protection bit so I can remove it it would help
Don't think it matters too much about 'load game' when its not possible to save, just gives people the chance to play it, those who want to play and save larger games are wise to get a hdd and set up whdload that way.

Tried that CaptiveII slave, i just get horizontal multi-coloured bars, with or without preload (CD32+8MB Fast, via Winuae)
Old 07 May 2020, 12:02   #30
jotd
This cat is no more

ah because I forgot a "blitz" command. Just click left mouse button.
Old 07 May 2020, 12:17   #31
Amigajay

Quote:
ah because I forgot a "blitz" command. Just click left mouse button.
Tried that, it just resets the machine