English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 19 February 2021, 17:46   #21
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post

Could you do me a favour and test out this config file for me? You will need to append it and remove the dot old from the end of the file name. Let know if it works or does not for you if you have the chance. Thanks
I tried "DopusOldCFG.zip" and it works fine, the LHA, LZX and RAR archives are shown as folders after clicking.

Make sure you have installed XAD properly and that it is the right version for your CPU.

http://aminet.net/search?query=xadmaster0
Old 19 February 2021, 18:22   #22
freakofnature

ooh, this is getting embarrassing.

I installed xad and xfd, to no luck. With my face flushing red, i thought i was telling shit. Also, there had been some garbage output at the end of each lha file. Looked like those ESC sequences used in cli.

Thanks to WinUAE, it is easy to start from scratch.

Version DirOpus 4.16 from Jaced Rzeuski (min. needed as previous version miss those features)
Installed xad and xfd.
Change tooltypes of DirOpus to force open xadmaster.library and xfdmaster.library
Just remove paranthesis from (FORCEOPENXAD) and (FORCEOPENXFD)

KingCon so far, is not needed.

I hope this works now.
Old 19 February 2021, 18:57   #23
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I tried "DopusOldCFG.zip" and it works fine, the LHA, LZX and RAR archives are shown as folders after clicking.

Make sure you have installed XAD properly and that it is the right version for your CPU.

I believe those libraries came with bestWB. I would have picked 060 if I was given a choice whilst installing that. I will try install those again from scratch and see what happens.
Old 19 February 2021, 18:59   #24
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakofnature View Post
Just remove paranthesis from (FORCEOPENXAD) and (FORCEOPENXFD)
They are also not necessary FORCEOPENXAD and FORCEOPENXFD, works the same even without these parameters
Old 23 February 2021, 10:57   #25
rabidgerry

Quote:

No I know you said make sure it's the correct one for my CPU but I use an Apollo 1260 on my OS 3.1 builds and the xadmaster.library is 12.1.

So when I checked new build OS 3.1.4 the xadmaster.library is also 12.1.

So I don't know if I should bother to change this as it works fine in 3.1.
Old 23 February 2021, 13:45   #26
rabidgerry

Ok so I copied the hardfile I have been building so I can revert back to whatever XAD library I have before.

I then used the copy to install XAD library for 060 specifically. I then tried dopus using the old config file.

Still doesn't extract. I'm going to go as far as saying I don't think it's the xad library as this seems to work fine using the regular version on my 3.1. builds.
Old 19 March 2021, 12:42   #27
rabidgerry

Did anyone ever figure out why I can't get my CWB 3.1 Dopus config file to allow Dopus to extract within OS3.1.4(.1)? It looks as though I have all requirements.
Old 19 March 2021, 19:04   #28
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
Did anyone ever figure out why I can't get my CWB 3.1 Dopus config file to allow Dopus to extract within OS3.1.4(.1)? It looks as though I have all requirements.
I think you don't have the requirements, in addition to the XAD library, you must have a version of Dopus4 that supports this feature and the parameter in the Toltypes Icon to activate XAD, see screenshot !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 April 2021 at 08:11.
Old 20 March 2021, 13:35   #29
rabidgerry

I have those options

This version must support those options as it is the exact same 4.16 from my ClassicWB 3.1 which has all those same features.

I have now enabled the xad and xfd in tool types and still not working
Old 20 March 2021, 14:24   #30
npagonis73

You don't need to enable those in order for xad to work. If your xad installation is correct then you can create a button to extract all sort of files using xad. Is that what you want to do or do you want with just double click to be able to treat the archive as a directory and see its files.

Last edited by npagonis73; 20 March 2021 at 14:32.
Old 20 March 2021, 14:34   #31
rabidgerry

Well all I wanted to do is click on the archive extract button and have it extract zip or lha files. Basically all I want was the exact same config of Dopus I have on ClassicWB 3.1 installs only now on brand new OS 3.1.4.1 install I am currently in the process of building how I like.
Old 20 March 2021, 14:44   #32
npagonis73

Make a button using those parameters and commands
Old 20 March 2021, 14:48   #33
npagonis73

Make sure you have also 7zip and unrar in your libs/xad in order to unpack those too
Old 24 March 2021, 17:45   #34
rabidgerry

I don't have 7Zip or Unrar in libs/XAD I have bzip and bzip2 and rar but none of those you mentioned.

What I still don't understand is how I have a config file that works for extracting lha and zips and then I have another config that doesn't. When I look at the button inside each it's the exact same. Why is this working for one and not the other?

To make things easier I have a Dopus installed in two places and one has the working config file where as the other has my config file from my ClassixWB3.1 installed. Inside their Arc ext buttons looks like the same info to me.

Old 24 March 2021, 18:08   #35
npagonis73

https://aminet.net/package/util/arc/xad_rar

http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/xad_7z

Are you talking about the arc ext command or the button you created with xadunfile from xad?
Old 24 March 2021, 18:09   #36
npagonis73

Did you make the extract button which works with xad as I showed you? Doesn't that work?
Old 24 March 2021, 18:18   #37
npagonis73

Regarding the 2 versions of dopus and the 2 configuration files, I remember that when in the past tried to change a configuration file in dopus, I had to reboot the amiga or otherwise the previous config files was still being used. I suspect that when you run one version of dopus and then close it and open another, things that have stayed in memory are being used or in yr case conflict and some features don't work. What I would do is reboot and open ONLY the version you say it doesn't work and see if it works on its own and without opening another dopus installation from a different location.
Old 24 March 2021, 18:48   #38
AMIGASYSTEM

@ rabidgerry
Yes Dopus 4.16 supports opening archives in a folder, probably in "FileType" you have some double-click command.

To open an archive in a folder there must not be any double-click commands.

@ npagonis73
the user rabidgerry, does not want to create a button, he wants an archive to turn into a folder with a click
Old 25 March 2021, 11:49   #39
AMIGASYSTEM

@ rabidgerry

Made a small comprehensive video on how Dopus4 automatically unzips to folder

http://eab.abime.net/zone/Dopus4-Unpacking.avi
Old 25 March 2021, 23:37   #40
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Regarding the 2 versions of dopus and the 2 configuration files, I remember that when in the past tried to change a configuration file in dopus, I had to reboot the amiga or otherwise the previous config files was still being used. I suspect that when you run one version of dopus and then close it and open another, things that have stayed in memory are being used or in yr case conflict and some features don't work. What I would do is reboot and open ONLY the version you say it doesn't work and see if it works on its own and without opening another dopus installation from a different location.
I will try this, but since they are in two entirely separate directories I figured something like that wouldn't happen. So to test when I load up my Amiga next I will use the version that currently doesn't do what I want.

Quote:
@ rabidgerry
Yes Dopus 4.16 supports opening archives in a folder, probably in "FileType" you have some double-click command.

To open an archive in a folder there must not be any double-click commands.

@ npagonis73
the user rabidgerry, does not want to create a button, he wants an archive to turn into a folder with a click
Well it's not so much where it opens, I just want to click the button "arc ext" and extract anywhere I chose.

It might be something worth mentioning, but when I install Dopus from fresh, and have no config file the button arc ext works at least for lha anyways.

And I get what npagonis is trying to suggest for help, how I could just create my own arc ext button and be done with the whole thing, but I just want to know why one config file works and the other doesn't particularly when everything is as it should be.

On ClassicWB 3.1 I have looked at the settings and they all seem the exact same as they do in my 3.1.4.1 build.

Quote:
@ rabidgerry

Made a small comprehensive video on how Dopus4 automatically unzips to folder

http://eab.abime.net/zone/Dopus4-Unpacking.avi

ok I will give this a watch as well